1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Pre-Season

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by DHCanary, Jul 10, 2018.

1. DUNCAN DONUTS

DUNCAN DONUTS SOCIAL JUSTICE WARRIOR

Any evidence of anyone doing either of those things after our games ?

2. Walsh.i.am

Walsh.i.am Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Brief highlights from the Valley

3. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

Same here.

4. DUNCAN DONUTS

The keeper could of done better .<whistle>

5. ncgandy

ncgandy Well-Known Member

Haha, that was a bit of a bizarre keeper moment.

DUNCAN DONUTS likes this.
  6. canary-dave

canary-dave Well-Known Member

I didn't think that you agreed with DD and I don't mean he's always negative, but when he gets a bee in his bonnet he churns out the same thing time after time no matter how many times the error of his thinking is pointed out, usually by Rick.

DD has posted some very interesting views over time but maybe he thinks he is being funny he goes off at a tangent and he is like a Jack Russell with a bone and it becomes very tedious and disruptive.

Just my honest opinion. <cheers>

7. Canary Rob

Canary Rob Well-Known Member

Thanks for this.

Who is the midfielder that rushes in on the goal scorer? Looks like he gets nutmegged. I can’t tell from the footage, but I think it is Trybull?

That was the major error. No need to commit like that. He had the centre of the pitch well covered and the Charlton player was being harried, so should have just shepherded him wide. Once the Charlton player is in loads of space centre of the pitch and 30 yards from goal, the CBs are always going to be scrambling to get a block in.

8. DUNCAN DONUTS

Strange how I can't judge a player's performance by watching a live stream yet Rick can post his own in depth player ratings at ten past five on a Saturday based on Radio Norfolk commentary.

You will always interject in any discussion to chastise me in your usual condescending manner and rather than rise to your snide little digs I choose to gain levity from them for my own amusement.

Rick invented a scenario where we all **** the bed after a friendly loss and dismiss the wins as meaningless, which is completely made up to invent a narrative.

Another piped up and mentioned that I would have been all over Matthews for conceding the goal yesterday if it hadn't been Krul in goal, when at the time unless you were at the Valley you would have no idea if the keeper was at fault.

After seeing it Krul appears to crouch down to gather the shot it takes a deflection and trickled past him from distance.

I believe he had time to stick his arm out and the goal looked every bit as soft as most of the others.

Most of us are armchair fans relying on Twitter the odd live game or radio commentary but some have the ability to assess a game from pink un live chat snippets and others are not allowed to judge performances on live video or highlights , it's an obvious sub conscious bias .

I keep calling Matthews butterfingers because of the massive overreaction it caused the first time and to take offence on his behalf is in my opinion hilarious.

If I'm a Jack Russel with a bone that must make you a bear with a sore head Dave as you always seem to be spoiling for a pointless squabble.

9. canary-dave

I will say this only once Dunc, you are perfectly entitled to your opinion, no matter if it's right or wrong, it is YOUR opinion, but when challenged, to keep repeating the same thing over and over again is pointless, far more intelligent to agree to disagree and move on.

I fully expect you to refer back to a part of this repeatedly over the next six months just as you did with the "£73shirt" and numerous other examples!

<cheers>

10. DUNCAN DONUTS

You implied at the time that to criticise the new shirt and not cough up for one made you somehow less of a fan.

That's why I kept bringing it up.

On the keeper discussion I don't care if it's Matthews Krul or McGovern in goal I just want to see one of them keep clean sheets and give the defence confidence that he will make the right decisions.

I don't get it that some players are accountable for their performance and others are blameless .
    It was the same with Grabban and you still insist that he's garbage and couldn't hit a barn door with a banjo despite consistently scoring every season for all of the clubs he has played for .

Another amusing Davism is to still right off Chris Martin as a bad apple because he got drunk and got kicked out of his village pub over 10 years ago and the hatred towards Joe Hart for choosing to play cricket for his boyhood club instead of watching the England game.

I'm sure you are a lovely guy and would like to buy you a beer one time but you can come across extremely pompous unnecessarily virtuous and condescending.

11. RiverEndRick

RiverEndRick Well-Known Member

I have never posted player ratings from radio commentary. The player ratings I posted were those of WhoScored, which has an observer at the match who makes a detailed analysis of each player's contribution minute by minute during the match.

This comment says it all really:

"I keep calling Matthews butterfingers because of the massive overreaction it caused the first time and to take offence on his behalf is in my opinion hilarious."

It wasn't overreaction, DD, simply an objection to simplistic 'name calling' to provoke a response, as you confirm above. It is designed to provoke an argument and divert a meaningful discussion into pointless arguments.

12. canary-dave

All fair comments Dunc, but the written word can be misunderstood, the same words actually spoken take on a new meaning.

with regard to the shirt, I was horrified at the cost, but went through with it as I'm unable to attend most games so felt that at least I was putting something in the club's coffers.

A goalkeeper relies on a strong defence in front of him, defenders' mistakes often go unpunished, whereas a keepers' mistakes usually end up with conceeding a goal, that's why most of us say it's the defender's mistake, not the keeper. Even Lev Yashin conceeded a few goals and he's head and shoulders above any other keeper you care to mention!

<cheers>

13. Walsh.i.am

Forum Moderator

Absolutely and totally spot on. <ok>

14. canary-dave

So you must have been horrified at Angus last year, until he got a regular, strong defence in front of him?

15. Walsh.i.am

Forum Moderator

Of course - I'd have sent him back up north after that Millwall debacle. Though it was that game that triggered the signing of Hanley, so a drubbing equalled a blessing in disguise, really.

RiverEndRick and canary-dave like this.
  16. canary-dave

But it does back up what I was saying to Dunc about a keeper needing reliable defenders in front of him.

Maybe Remi would have been ok then!

17. DUNCAN DONUTS

At the moment Krul looks to be first choice mainly down to playing hundreds of games in the Premier league and his vast experience.

If he doesn't live up to his reputation I'm certain Farke will have no qualms in dropping him for Matthews.
    Nobody in this side should feel as though they have a divine right to play every week and hopefully the guys on the bench will be pushing the first 11 in all positions.
    Especially with so many new faces wanting to impress.

18. Walsh.i.am

Forum Moderator

19. DUNCAN DONUTS

'Neither full-back offered much. The diminutive Felix Passlack, on the right, failed to build anything meaningful with the advanced Kenny McLean ahead of him, while, on the opposite flank, James Husband did what James Husband usually does – nothing. Thankfully he was replaced at halftime.'

No punches pulled in this report, Husband getting lambasted .

http://norwichcity.myfootballwriter...urry-but-two-big-questions-remain-unanswered/

20. Walsh.i.am

Forum Moderator

From standing on the ball to bring an end to an attack, to slack passing and a bizarre clearance, not much went right for the 24-year-old Husband.
    Max Aarons looked better in the second half, with one particularly well timed tackle in his own box, but the 18-year-old has come through the academy as a right-back and a debut at St Andrew’s may be a big ask.
    So Husband may yet get another chance to show he can compete with Jamal Lewis, who is set to return to full training this week, but he is running out of chances quickly.

Get well soon, Jamal <ok>

DUNCAN DONUTS likes this.