1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Politics Thread

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by ChilcoSaint, Feb 23, 2016.

1. SaintinSerbia

SaintinSerbia Annoying Twat

but now I'm picturing Putin hiding under Jez's bed!

Saints_Alive likes this.
  2. SaintinSerbia

and a Jamaican hiding under Theresa"s bed!

Archers Road likes this.
  3. Brinkworth Saint

Brinkworth Saint Well-Known Member

Not a view I can share or even come close to agreeing with. Unless of course you are on more intimate terms with her than the rest of us. To say someone is ‘an utter disgrace’ means you have to know the person really well and certainly from a wider perspective than your own n political bias.
    And all I'm saying is that if, as you imply that TM is an utter disgrace, then how would you best describe Mr Putin and the way in which he deals with national and international problems? Is he your version of a considerate and ideal politician? I can welll understand the feeling re the Windrush mess, which it is, but before we offer these sort of opinions about our politicians, however much we may disagree with them, perhaps a sense of balance might help for a better discussion. We will always get the leaders we deserve in the absence of volunteering our own services to the political stage and service. I can well undestand why the majority of us don't bother to stand for election, wherever, for the party we support, as the level of personal abuse now is now at levels which I fail to understand. At least that is an option in this country still, with all its faults and imperfections. An utter disgrace would be that this type of debate could not be held at all. However I appreciate you may have a totally different perspective and I apologise if my original post was not clearer.

4. BobbyD

BobbyD President

i'm no fan of the virtriol at MPs and i tend to bat for both sides in terms of what i right or wrong.

However, the general feeling amongst the common person against politicians are that politicians are in it for themselves (especially those at the top) so if they are going to remunerated handsomely for it (especially these career politicians) who earn most of their income outside of what we pay them (well thats my own view) then i'm not surprised they get abuse, especially when they never accept responsibility and play a blame game between themselves.

As for the current Tory government, i'm generally abhored by their childish whataboutery (boris and may) although having someone like dianne abbott in a senior position scares the bejesus out of me.

5. SaintinSerbia

Even though you've mixed up who said what, I can understand you wanting to defend our PM but saying Putin is worse is hardly a defence (and nobody has said TM is worse than Putin - in fact they never mentioned him once, only you have?)

6. Brinkworth Saint

I can agree with much of what you say. As I said in another post unless we offer ourselves for political service at whatever level, then we end up getting those we deserve. Many politicians do not, I feel, just do it for the money, there are easier routes to riches I’m sure! But some do bring discredit to the scene on all sides and it these that, in their selfishness, put off people for going forward. The blame/counter blame, encouraged by a tabloid press and TV news media just infuriates the hell out of me to be honest.

BobbyD likes this.
  7. Brinkworth Saint

Your point is taken and to be clear I hadn’t intended offering my comments as a defence but more as an observation that whilst our own politicians are rightly subject to our various opinions, there seems to be an absence of similar vitriol to other leaders who are currently causing this country and others a great deal of problems, that’s all. Hope that clears things up, now for a win tomorrow which we can all agree on.

SaintinSerbia likes this.
  8. SaintinSerbia

yes!

9. San Tejón

San Tejón Well-Known Member

He’s not just a senior executive. He’s the senior executive who is also the husband of the British PM.
    Do you think for one minute that a trillion dollar financial business would give up on the opportunity to pick his brains for the slightest bit of money making information? Really?
    Theresa May has been exposed for misleading parliament twice, today, so I don’t think it’s beyond the realms of possibility that her husband might be as duplicitous as she is and give his company a helping hand.
    That’s what good conservatives do, isn’t it, help big business?

Last edited: Apr 18, 2018
  10. San Tejón

San Tejón Well-Known Member

This man, as a result of having his citizenship questioned, has been waiting for radiotherapy since last November. Radiotherapy helped save my wife’s life, allowing her to still be here. Stopping someone, who has been here for so many years, from receiving this support, and then lying about the action that has been taken to remedy the situation, is beyond words.

Saints_Alive and Archers Road like this.

11. ChilcoSaint

ChilcoSaint What a disgrace
    Forum Moderator

Lest we forget, this was one of Theresa’s less successful operations as Home Secretary, and led directly to the Windrush scandal:
    7385ED25-F4C5-41CB-BB63-33E77D198DB0.jpeg

Saints_Alive and SaintinSerbia like this.
  12. Puck

Puck Well-Known Member

What money making information do you think he could possibly have given them?

13. SaintinSerbia

Diane Abbott gets some stick but:

14. AL.

AL. Well-Known Member

Why does it? I can see the results of deliberate government policy introduced under her authority, and I think it’s utterly disgraceful.

15. SaintinSerbia

Where's Imps? he could do better than Monty Python were I to pose the question " what has Theresa May done for us? "

16. VocalMinority

VocalMinority Well-Known Member

I also think it's disgraceful how all these cuts in the spring budget has clearly meant we could only afford a couple of weeks of spring this year.

I remember when spring used to be around for months. Now we've got straight from snow to a heatwave!

bloody conservatives.

17. Brinkworth Saint

I think you’ll find she stopped this nonsense and offensive project with the vans.

18. ChilcoSaint

ChilcoSaint What a disgrace
    Forum Moderator

I know, but the fact that she started it in the first place was the point I was making.

19. SaintinSerbia

20. Brinkworth Saint

I’m not sure where you have this information from, but I was listening to the news on Radio 4 during which a former official made a contribution. He was clear that the decision to use this form of communication would probably not be made by the Home Secretary. Also it was mentioned that former Labour Home Secretary’s had been bearing down hard on illegal immigration since at least 2006. So whilst I share your abhorrence of the van notices, I’m just trying to retain some balance about this issue. I appreciate also that you may disagree with me but I retain the view that TM will be getting this mess sorted out. I am also writing to my MP making sure he knows more about the groundswell opinion and seek assurances about action being taken.

That will be done after Saints have won tonight!