1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Politics Thread

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by ChilcoSaint, Feb 23, 2016.

1. Le Tissier's Laces

Le Tissier's Laces Well-Known Member

:emoticon-0127-lipss

2. StJabbo1

StJabbo1 Well-Known Member

That's a PKB post.

3. The Ides of March

The Ides of March Well-Known Member

Haven't you noticed? They have - abolishing the maximum hours worked, the erosion of the wage packet since 2010, and the increase in zero-contracts to employees.

Archers Road likes this.
  4. Osvaldorama

Osvaldorama Well-Known Member

:emoticon-0148-yes:
    Lol. So I get slated by many people just for saying that I think the vaccines are potentially more harmful than they are letting people believe.

Yet someone can post that the government are trying to create literal slave cities, and I’m the nutter? <laugh>

Why would it be in anyone’s interest to destroy the country with these kinds of cities? Where is the incentive? The people wouldn’t accept it IMO

5. StJabbo1

davecg69 likes this.
  6. saintrichie123

saintrichie123 Well-Known Member

7. StJabbo1

upload_2022-8-17_8-51-33.png

San Tejón likes this.
  8. Le Tissier's Laces

I didn't say anything! (And by the way, I agree that the vaccines are an unknown quantity to a degree).

9. shoot_spiderman

shoot_spiderman Power to the People

Lions led by donkeys

Japanese car manufacturers built factories here because of workers high productivity … helped by proper management practices and high pay

davecg69 and StJabbo1 like this.
  10. Gregm1988

Gregm1988 Well-Known Member

I mean Liz Truss wouldn’t certainly know how to identify laziness. She can’t even read her own briefs in full …

11. StJabbo1

I take odds with that given the billons of doses administered and the intense research that's gone along with that. All required stages of checking before release took place never mind what the conspiraloon websites and social media posts say. Look at the articles published by the Lancet, the BMJ, the the European Medicines Agency* and other reputable bodies worldwide. Google "are the covid vaccines an unknown quantity in August 2022?" or "are covid vaccines safe?" and follow the links eg. https://www.ema.europa.eu/en/human-...es/vaccines-covid-19/safety-covid-19-vaccines

*EMA relocated to Amsterdam from London at considerable cost to the UK in terms of costs, jobs, investment and infrastructure. Another Brexit triumph.

shoot_spiderman likes this.
  12. Le Tissier's Laces

I didn't say to a large degree.

13. ChilcoSaint

ChilcoSaint What a disgrace
    Forum Moderator

Please explain why both Truss and Sunak wish to repeal the Human Rights Act and replace it with something which protects fewer of us and guarantees all of us fewer protections.

14. StJabbo1

I recognise that. I like to keep up to date with developments in the disease, vaccines and treatments. I'm ok with the science and medicine.

Le Tissier's Laces likes this.
  15. Osvaldorama

I don’t know as I think they’re both idiots.

But I assume their view is that free market price discovery is better than heavy handed regulation for improving workers pay and conditions overall.

This however is founded upon the incorrect belief by the Conservative party that the financial system has any bearing at all on reality

16. San Tejón

San Tejón Well-Known Member

Won’t say that I fully understand the concept, but the reference to tax breaks, low taxes, access to special government grants etc just made me think that the Tories are trying to push even more of the taxpayers’ money into the offshore bank accounts of their wealthy mates.
    Charter cities, if I understand it, looks like a return to the medieval feudal system.
    Will each city have it’s own army? The government has the Metropolitan Police Force, as it’s protector, based on events over the years, recent and historic.

upload_2022-8-17_12-2-6.gif

Johnson’s disrespect for the monarchy, when illegally proroguing Parliament would see the top of the above chart changed to the Tory party.

We’ll be denouncing Catholicism next and pronouncing the leader of the Tory party as head of the Church. :bandit:
    Do we still have any monasteries that need dissolving?

shoot_spiderman likes this.
  17. Schrodinger's Cat

Schrodinger's Cat Well-Known Member

There are no plans to create Charter cities. Freeports are an entirely different thing and there is no easy transition from Freeport to Charter city.
    Would require a huge amount of legislation to be passed for such a thing to happen here, and certainly isn't something that could happen on the quiet.

18. Osvaldorama

70AC47D0-2316-4F4A-B5DF-D4396DF1C235.jpeg

Just leaving this here.

Data is lifted straight from the Pfizer document data dump. Although there is some controversy around it, as apparently there is an extra miscarriage on there from someone who didn’t report as being pregnant.

Regardless, for miscarriages to go back to standard rates there would have to be many more unreported pregnancies participating in the study.

In my opinion my concern was warranted and a few people on here owe me an apology.

19. StJabbo1

Debunked bollocks! no apology warranted except from you for not properly fact checking the source.
    https://healthfeedback.org/claimrev...gnancy-outcomes-contrary-to-claim-naomi-wolf/
    "CLAIM
    According to Dr. Naomi Wolf, who runs a crowdsourced project to analyze 300,000 Pfizer documents released via a FOIA request, 44 percent of pregnant women who participated in the drug maker's COVID-19 vaccine trial lost their babies.
    VERDICT
    ÏNACCURATE"

"DETAILS
    Factually inaccurate: The city of Waterloo, Ontario reported 16 stillbirths as of November 2021, not 86, which was within the average based on previous years. Large-scale scientific studies haven’t observed a higher than expected rate of negative pregnancy outcomes in vaccinated women.
    Misleading: While Scotland in general has a high level "of COVID-19 vaccine coverage, in October 2021, only 32.3% of pregnant women had received two doses of COVID-19 vaccine, as compared to 77.6% of the general female population of childbearing age".

"KEY TAKE AWAY
    Pregnant women are among those at a higher risk of developing severe COVID-19, which also increases the risk of pregnancy complications like early birth. Such complications could also have cascading negative effects on their babies. COVID-19 vaccination reduces the risk of severe COVID-19 in pregnant women, and therefore can reduce the risk of complications and negative outcomes in both the mother and baby."

Steve Bannon features.

"On 25 May 2022, Steve Bannon, former White House strategist, hosted author Naomi Wolf on his podcast War Room Battleground. During the podcast, Wolf claimed that the babies of vaccinated mothers were dying in disproportionately higher numbers compared to babies of unvaccinated mothers, and that the COVID-19 vaccines were responsible for this “die-off of babies”.

Wolf’s claim went unchallenged by Bannon, who hosted other individuals spreading misinformation and conspiracy theories about COVID-19 on his platform, including scientists Li-Meng Yan—who claimed without evidence that the virus SARS-CoV-2 was engineered—and Robert Malone, who falsely claimed that COVID-19 vaccination leads to more severe disease. Bannon was permanently suspended from Twitter in November 2020 after calling for U.S. officials Anthony Fauci and Christopher Wray to be beheaded.

Wolf also published the same claim in her Substack article, featuring it prominently in the article’s headline.

However, her claim is inaccurate and isn’t substantiated by scientific evidence, as we will explain below."

Open the link and read more detail.

20. Gregm1988

Gregm1988 Well-Known Member

Will Witt is a media personality, national speaker, short film director, cultural commentator, and host of the show Will Witt Live on PragerU. A college dropout, Will Witt moved to Los Angeles to pursue a career in media and politics. ... Google Books

Born: 5 September 1996 (age 25 years)
    Books: How to Win Friends and Influence Enemies: Taking On Liberal Arguments with Logic and Humor

The paper you source has that guy as editor in chief and author of this article. A more right wing partisan hack you’d struggle to find.

Think about the location and what kind of paper would put a 25 year old drop out in as editor in chief. And then ask whether you’d really want that to be your main media source? I thought you where vocally cynical about the media?

Nothing against drop outs - there have been some very successful ones. But usually in entrepreneurial endeavours

Naomi Wolf - banned from Twitter for covid disinformation (unlikely to convince you I know)

Maybe this: https://healthfeedback.org/claimrev...gnancy-outcomes-contrary-to-claim-naomi-wolf/

Sure you are welcome to post a story written by a right wing hack for a small tabloid in a largely red state about a study crowdfunded by someone who had already made up her mind about vaccines before she started and “leave it there”. But you aren’t going to necessarily get the response you appear to hope for

shoot_spiderman and StJabbo1 like this.