1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Owls Vs Canaries

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by RiverEndRick, May 6, 2018.

1. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

That's a 'bum decision' FML!!!
    Spelling :police:
    Just getting it in before Cromer/General spots it!!! <laugh>

Canary Spring likes this.
  2. General Melchett

General Melchett Well-Known Member

I think our squad was significantly better, use of it was where Farke has failed. OK so in the long term to build his way he must play his way with what he has, but this season has been a bit of a car crash in my opinion, had we got Nelson firing, with Maddison and Murphy too, then at the very least we could have entertained and scored a few more.

Bah!

3. Forgot_My_Lines

Forgot_My_Lines Well-Known Member

For some mad reason Farke has been linked to Frankfurt. Initial feeling was confusion, but I’d be happy if they paid us compensation and took him off our hands. I don’t think hel go though.

4. General Melchett

I agree with much of what DH has said. People point to the clean sheets that we got when Farke implemented the 3 CB's/5 man defence, but the reality is that it was far to defensive and unbalanced to have any real long term use. In the PL you could argue it as a legitamate tactic against the big boys of the top six to try a smash and grab 1-0.
    But to get promoted you need a wholey more positive out look and we still look as far away from developing a system that can break down an 11 men behind the ball Burton or score more than a Wolves.
    We look so far from a side that could be consistently decent I am only clinging to the fence by my finger nails, a poor start to next season and i will almost certainly have lost patience with Farke. I have seen next to nothing to suggest he has what it takes to be successful on our budget in the Championship and after one more transfer window I don't think the excuses of transition can continue.
    Whilst saying that, he could be faced with a situation where he is starting the season with upto 7 or 8 first teamers who haven't kicked a ball in the championship. So whilst patience will be difficuult, it will be very hard to judge him too quickly. If our turn over is that large again this summer, maybe Webber should be questioned, such turnover a stable squad does not make.

Bah!

5. General Melchett

It's clear that he was highly thought of in Germany, but on the evidence of our season, I can't see why he would be being offered higher profile jobs. Letting him go would be a risk, this is supposed to be a long term project that is still in its infancy, on the other hand it's a great oportunity to get rid for free/a fee and find someone potentially better suited. If he fails in 2018/19 we will surely have to get rid, even though we won't be able to afford to and suitors maybe less forthcoming.
    Damned if we do, damned if we don't. I wonder how Webber feels Farke has performed? Unless Farke gets the bullet we will likely never know. But it's all been very underwhelming on the pitch and if Webber doubts farke can get us scoring and long term up the table, he may shock everyone and let him go.

Bah!

6. DUNCAN DONUTS

DUNCAN DONUTS SOCIAL JUSTICE WARRIOR

We will end up paying them like all the other financial failures

7. Forgot_My_Lines

Auto correct. Apologies.

JM Fan likes this.
  8. Forgot_My_Lines

I disagree. I don't think the manager matters that much, and that's the point. This "transition" was not just in terms of weakening our team on the field, it was also restructuring the staff, and how they work. I think if Farke left, they would just employ a new young untested bloke who has to agree to work under the same conditions. I think recruitment, training, selling key players etc, will all remain.

Farke is tactically weak, he forgets you can make 3 subs in the game, until someone reminds him in injury time, and he wants the back 4 to pass it around then back to the keeper for most of the game. If we need a goal, he wont make a sub or change formation or even acknowledge we are losing. He also works the team so hard, they obviously are physically and mentally knackered. You do that in pre-Season to get them ready, you don't do it all pre-season and for the whole of the season too, while they have to play all those games.

I wouldn't miss him if he left.

9. carrowcanario

carrowcanario Well-Known Member

Thing is we don't have a manager we have a head coach, which is a horse of another colour. So if you're judging DF as a managers as opposed to a head coach then you are judging him by a different measure to the club.

10. ncgandy

ncgandy Well-Known Member

You and your rose tinted fecking glasses

11. Forgot_My_Lines

If he's coaching the players to play this way, picking the team, making decisions in the game, and deciding when to eventually give the subs a minute pointless run out. Then he is coaching and managing our team. In my opinion.

JM Fan likes this.