1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Other Sport

Discussion in 'Horse Racing' started by Cyclonic, May 29, 2017.

1. Sorry - genuinely though you were!

2. Chaninbar

Chaninbar The Crafty Cockney

No worries Dan. Just watched the highlights on Quest. Charlton showed great character to come back from that absolute howler on 5 minutes.
    I see you've got dear ol Graham Taylor as your pic. The Imps have just got back to League 1. The last time they were there was under the great man. They were well clear at the top but then Elton got on the blower, GT departed and Lincoln went into free fall. My ol man only got over it when the Cowley boys took over. <laugh> And now it appears the Cowley boys are being courted by a few Championship clubs - West Brom/Middlesborough.

Deleted....... likes this.
  3. Cyclonic

Cyclonic Well Hung Member

It looks as though Mike Ashley is about to sell off Newcastle United. Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan has offered $450 million for the club.

4. SwanHills

SwanHills Well-Known Member

Ferrari are again making major ****-ups in Formula 1, this season being no exception. What on earth is the matter with them?

5. OddDog

OddDog Mild mannered janitor
    Staff Member

Well done Villa, big club who belong in the Premier League <ok>

SwanHills likes this.
  6. It was a really good game - and loads of Villa fans came back to my local and, naturally, regard Graham Taylor with the same reverence as me. His teams have done well this year - Lincoln and Villa promoted, wolves in Europe, Watford FA cup final. England to win the nation's cup?

SwanHills likes this.
  7. SwanHills

Sure agree there, Oddy, although do feel for Derby County as well as it's the second time in the past few years that they've ballsed-up in a play-off final. Also, a big well done to Union Berlin who beat Stuttgart on away goals to gain promotion to the Bundesliga. Stuttgart have had enough chances to remain in the league over the past few years, the club really need to change its management if it wants to get back on a permanent basis.

OddDog and Deleted....... like this.
  8. bayernkenny

bayernkenny Well-Known Member

9. SwanHills

A toast also to Union Berlin! <bubbly>

bayernkenny likes this.
  10. bayernkenny

11. Chaninbar

50 over World Cup gets under way tomorrow. It seems 8/10 experts/commentators are tipping England to win. I do hope they're right but their swashbuckling batting style can come spectacularly unstuck. The recent series against Pakistan looks looks straightforward on paper but the oppo were appalling in the field and gave lifelines to England's batters on many occasions which they won't get against the best sides - Australia/India. The Aussies have the woodworking duo back in camp and will doubtless cop for plenty of flak. I bet Smith and particularly Warner would love to stick it up to the English crowd. An Aussie win would be some redemption story. Obviously I hope I'm massively wide of the mark :emoticon-0141-whew:

12. SwanHills

Bravo Chelsea, but Arsenal were bloody awful. Eden Hazard great as usual, sad to see him leave the Premier League, but go he will, I guess.

13. Just hope the weather stays good. Have tickets for West Indies South Africa and Australia Pakistan the week after next. I think if West Indies can get through the group they could have an excellent chance.

Chaninbar likes this.
  14. bayernkenny

On Talksport Danny (tax dodger) Murphy has thrown a hand grenade into the lack of a sell out for the Europa League Final in Baku last night. He has stated that if Liverpool, Manchester United or Celtic had been in the final they would have both sold their own allocation and bought up other tickets for 'neutral' parts of the ground ensuring a capacity crowd for the game.

15. Chaninbar

Great start by the Windies. Some hostile bowling reminiscent of a few decades back.

16. They must be really pissed off about Archer - they would have had some attack <yikes>

Chaninbar likes this.
  17. Chaninbar

Very true, hadn't thought of that.

18. Cyclonic

How great sport can be. Wonderful stuff. :)

19. Cyclonic

How's this for a bout? The little fella is Motomura who weighs 30Ks, his opponent weighs, 70kgs. Both wrestlers are 10 years old. The loser is the first to be sent from the ring or forced to the clay. The winner received the fighting technique prize. Motomura used the large boy's body as a trapeze bar to swing himself to safety and knock his man to the clay. Apparently the clip has been played millions of times on youtube, but I can't find it. The link below gets the job done anyway.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Sumo/comments/ay382h/anyone_have_any_information_on_this_video_who_is/

20. Cyclonic

The Rome Diamond League Men's 200m was a cracker. The two heavies were the Americans Michael Norman and Noah Lyles. They had a titanic clash. Norman from the 4 and Lyles from the 5.