1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Other Sport

Discussion in 'Horse Racing' started by Cyclonic, May 29, 2017.

1. Cyclonic

Cyclonic Well Hung Member

Women's 100m. Florence Griffith Joyner. 10:49. 16 July 1988.

2. Cyclonic

Women's 200m. Florence Griffith Joyner. 21:34. 29 September 1988.

3. Cyclonic

Women's 400m. Marita Koch. 47:60. 6 October 1985.

4. Cyclonic

Women's 1500m. Genzebe Dibaba. 3:50:07. 17 July 2015.

5. redcgull

redcgull Well-Known Member

Now, now Cy, I know your in to your athletics, more than me by the looks of it, but I wouldn't be putting up any of the Women's track World Records without adding an * saying 'Warning: Not drug certified'. If you take a look at all of the Women's records, mostly track, then they havn't been beaten for a very long time, partly due to what can only be said as 'they didn't get caught' times...!!

Flo-Jo is one to question, 100 & 200 in '88, also Marita Koch in the 400m, '85 & Kratochilova in the 800m, '83... And these records havn't come anywhere near to being broken since.

The Men's records have tumbled down somewhat with the 800 and 1500 being ones that lasted the longest after the epic duels in the 80's and 90's but the sprints have been chipped away an a fairly regular basis. I always said that had Usain Bolt been caught doing the 'juice' then athletics would be dead in the water for time immemorial, but he hasn't...

It's a story that unfortunately at the sharp end of any sport is always under the spotlight as some people will always question if that particular woman or man actually did what the clock or tape actually say's...

Deleted....... likes this.
  6. Cyclonic

Yeah you're right about those women's sprint times Red. People have been calling for them to be wiped for ages,maybe some day they will. There have been all sorts of juice rumours in top sporting events ..... pretty much all of them. I'm a huge boxing fan, but I can't for the life of me believe that there isn't serious drug abuse in the game. It's hard to comment on stuff like drugs in sport without looking like a conspiracy theorist, but I think I'd rather believe people like Victor Conte who are of the opinion that only idiots get caught doping. If an athlete has serious people behind him/her, they should have a along clean career even if cheating. Lance Armstrong is the perfect example, he never once tested positive in all those years. The above mentioned Conte has stated that all 8 finalists in the Sydney men's 100m final were using banned substances. Of course he could be full of ****.

7. redcgull

Cyc, the other sport is Rugby League. I live not so far from Wigan, and used to go watch Wigan RFL some 20+ years ago, and the body shapes of those lads compared to todays, well... Chalk n cheese...

18 year old's who look like they could bench press a whole lot more than the average bear could do, and all with physiques that a young Arnold Schwarzenegger would have been proud of...!! Trust me, there must be somethin in the local pies to get em that big...<laugh><laugh><laugh>

8. Cyclonic

It isn't just the drugs that promote strength or endurance that cause problems either Red, those that slow heart rates for shooters and archers are also used by cheats. There's probably not a single Olympic sport that can't be tampered with.

redcgull and Deleted....... like this.
  9. And these stay on the record books whilst a woman with genuine health issues has to take drugs to be more female or is a cheat. Absolutely bloody shameful.

redcgull and Cyclonic like this.
  10. Cyclonic

There are very few sports where a loss scares the **** out of me, but one that does is the State Of Origin series between the mighty Maroons and the filth living just over the border. <whistle>

Game 2 takes place next Sunday in Perth.

The highlights from game 1 below.

Deleted....... likes this.

11. Cyclonic

State of Origin 2, go the mighty Maroons.

12. bayernkenny

bayernkenny Well-Known Member

Half time 'cuppa' and a rethink!

Last edited: Jun 23, 2019
    Cyclonic likes this.
  13. mallafets123

mallafets123 Well-Known Member

Bolt was 100% juiced but if pulled up Athletics would be gone. How do I know this? I work in sport and I know the Kenyan distance runners are on the peds as well Froome the cyclist. They train near me and when the testers come in they disappear for a few days until they are gone. They know exactly when the testers are coming as they have to apply for a permit as they enter Kenya so immigration tip them off.
    Evander Holyfield when he beat Tyson was having peds delivered under the name "Evan Fields" he claimed it was for his father when caught out. If these big names are caught imagine how much money would be lost.

14. bayernkenny

bayernkenny Well-Known Member

DAMFCB.jpg

Where are the tissues?

15. Cyclonic

I think one of the more interesting things to come out of the England loss to Australia was Eoin Morgan's statement on winning the toss.

“The wicket this morning was a bit soft and choosing to bat would have been a horrific decision.”

16. redcgull

Well played to the Aussies yesterday Cyc, they turned us over good and proper...<applause><applause><applause>

All we have to do is make the last 4 then win two games back-to-back, simples...!! :):):bandit::bandit:

17. Cyclonic

And those two games will be against the unbeaten teams, India and New Zealand. Not an easy task.

18. Cyclonic

Bahama's Shaunae Miller-Uibo smashed the 300m world record a week ago in the Czech Republic. The flame haired lady took an astonishing .89 off the old record set in 2003 by Mexico's Ana Guevara.

redcgull likes this.
  19. Janabelle13

Janabelle13 Well-Known Member

20. OddDog

OddDog Mild mannered janitor
    Staff Member

Fair effort from Afghanistan with the bat, given the bowlers something to go at