1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

ot - pet hates

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by BrAdY, Oct 11, 2014.

1. Chilton's Hundreds

Chilton's Hundreds Well-Known Member

Fat finger's

:smiley:

2. FLG

FLG Well-Known Member

I just wrote a whole list of stuff that bothers me, but then deleted it because I could feel myself wanting to hurt somebody.

3. FLG

FLG Well-Known Member

In fact, just watch the movie Falling Down.

That's me, right there.

4. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

It was on last night.

In fact, it's almost every night.

I make make that one of my pet hates.

Great film though.

5. C'mon ref

C'mon ref Well-Known Member

I know I'm one of the old farts on these boards but I must say that as I get older I find 'hate' one of those emotions that are a waste of time, dislike, dislike immensely if you like but hate only winds yourself up as you get into a state hating something. I agree with a lot of what is being said but take cyclists, they go through red lights (I know I'm a cyclist myself) and you get all hot and bothered whilst the cyclists ride off without redress, he/she doesn't give a f**k whilst you are boiling with rage and that is only a simple example. Traffic jams are a classic case as something happens to motorists when stuck and cannot do anything about it, you may hate it but whose getting vexed and quite possibly very angry and you know you can't do anything about it? Then when you can move, and I've seen this time and time again the standard of driving becomes erratic because you want to make up time from stuck in a jam and many drivers put there foot down and have come close to swiping me off the road. But of course I've wormed my way to the front of the jam, traffic lights or whatever whilst cars can't move, more aggro.

6. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

As an aside, I reckon I see far more car drivers and motorcycles go through red lights than cyclists, and I bet a lot of them don't even realise they've done it. If they're in the green bit of road at the traffic lights, they've probably jumped a red light as the stop line's behind them.

They have campaigns in other towns to stop them doing it.

7. Tonight We Dine In Hull

Tonight We Dine In Hull Active Member

As a percentage though surely more cyclists go through red lights, cars and buses go through on red a lot if they have just changed to red still no excuse.

8. balkan tiger

balkan tiger Well-Known Member

The spelling and grammer police on forum's. As long as its near enough to understand, that L do.

9. Kempton

Kempton Well-Known Member

I agree with this, if i can understand a sentence or a post, i really don't care. Although i must say,my own spelling and grammer is impeckible....

10. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

I'd say not. Have a look next time you're out at how many cars and bikes are stopped in that advanced green zone. If they're on there, chances are they've gone through a red light.

11. Charlie1

Charlie1 Well-Known Member

The worst one for cars going through red lights is Ferensway/Anlaby Road junction. As I'm coming up past Admiral of the Humber the cars coming from Ferensway and either turning right onto Anlaby road or going straight ahead are the worst. As I set off when my set is on green the cars are still coming through and nearly take me out. There will be a serious accident there soon. Mr Policeman could sit at that junction and just issue fine after fine all day every day.

12. Girt Bucket

Girt Bucket Well-Known Member

I cycle in the city centre on a daily basis. I jump red lights. At other times, I'm as patient as a lamb. I ride my bike, like It's meant to be ridden. I can drive , only I choose no too. I have passed the road proficiency test & can claim I do know the road rules. Only I see a lot of numpty drivers aswell. Car drivers who use their vehicle to side swipe a cyclist after seeing Red is out of order

13. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

I reckon the same driver annoyed at the cyclist for getting out of the way by going through the lights, would be one to grumble about being behind the cyclist that waited for green.

14. norbellini

norbellini Member

People who wont complain about bad service and just gripe after the event I feel like smacking them about the head Why dont you go and address the issue and tell them that the service is shart

15. SuitedandBooted

SuitedandBooted Well-Known Member

Liberals and lefties

16. Kempton

Kempton Well-Known Member

And politics on football forums :emoticon-0112-wonde

17. Spook

Spook Well-Known Member

Hang on, Kempton. He might be talking about people who give things in generous amounts and people who are left-handed.

18. Girt Bucket

Girt Bucket Well-Known Member

Listen , you've been warned for foraying into political areas, such as replying. Pack it in.

19. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

Peter Levy. Irritating mincer.

20. Sir Cheshire Ben

Sir Cheshire Ben Well-Known Member

The most boring **** (& there's plenty) ever to share his thoughts on twatter.

Submitted as evidence.

"What a lovely day today? watching strictly results. Thanks for new followers this weekend, love twitter family."

"Day off and very peaceful at the dock."

"Home now and Friday! thanks for new followers so love it. Just 'making' tea and then gogglebox"

"Good Morning"

"Thank you for new followers today and yesterday, so appreciated."

"At desk, late Look North next. How's your evening?"

"Wow thanks for the tweets after show and new followers, so kind. more at 10 25."

"Home alone on newsroom with very loud music from a band at radio humberside! How's your day?"

"Brilliant. Come on Nancy!"
    - This actually had potential which was unfortunately unfulfilled.

"Irritating mincer", excellent & accurate description Chazz.

Case closed.