1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Now for United.......

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Chelsea Pensioner, Nov 1, 2017.

1. armchairblue

armchairblue Well-Known Member

Great result and performance,my total faith in Conte vindicated here i feel.Looks like Luiz has got the blame for
    our recent poor defensive displays.Christensen has my vote especially with Kante in the side.

2. BobbyD

BobbyD President

A great performance from the team last night:

thoughts:

There was a renewed energy about our play and kante was a big part of that. It might have been that Jose didn't press us too much which is where our weakness is when we play with the likes of kante and cahill who aren't comfortable on the ball. I think a big part of that was a much improved Morata who i think is maybe over his injury. He was actually running a lot more and running the channels very well this game.

Christensen was an absolute beast this game and dealt with everything this game. He should definitely be our starting CB and as much as i love Luiz, i'm hoping his leggy appearances recently have been down to his injury. I think i would prefer luiz to be a left or right sided CB anyway as then he'd have more opportunities on the ball.

Dave was imperious as usual and his energy was great.

Still very happy with Zappacosta as the wing back (minus his lack of crossing). I think i prefer him there to Moses personally as his passing is just so much better.

The much maligned Cahill and Fabregas (not a fan) played very well. Fabregas and Cahill both had a very decent game. We should only be playing Fab in a midfield 3 flanked by bakayoko and Kante as it doesn't expose our CBs to teams marauding through the middle. Fabregas energy and ability to find space has never been in question. It's just his strength and burst/lack of speed that exposes him in a 2. Just let him run around finding pockets of space with 2 beasts in the middle is the only way we should play him.

Hazard was a threat although i'd still like him to work on his end product as its so hit and miss when he shoots

Chelsea Pensioner and StanDMan like this.
  3. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

This.

In a 3, with people to cover for his lack of pace if he is caught out of position, Cescady Wescady is a valued asset.
    But in a midfield 2, you need both players to be mobile and have decent pace. Wescady is no good in a 2. But in a 3 <ok>

4. StanDMan

StanDMan Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

As long as Cescy and Tony are on the same page as we are, I don't have any issues with Cescy playing.

Or in other words Cescy should be the first player to be subbed off or subbed on.

Like yesterday don't give him entire 90 misn, so that he never gets caught out.

There is a reason why he is FabreGAS, Gassed out most times.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2017
  5. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

No, he is the spectacular Cescady Wescady, Chelsea Legend!

6. Chelsea Pensioner

Chelsea Pensioner Well-Known Member

The way we set up against Utd showed us all ,neutrals, fans and (huge) critics of Fabregas, just what he can do in the correct formation. Likewise Bakayoko and to a lesser degree Cahill, who was greatly improved back in his position of last season.
    The balance was right. This is largely due to Kante returning and shows how crucial it is to get a back up for him. Drinkwater fit is also a big help. Now we need to work out a set up for more attacking teams, and with all players injury free, Conte can now go about that job. With Christensen now a fully fledged player, Rudiger and Zappa in pretty good form and Moses to return, we also have Kenedy and Luiz (who I think has been more injured than we knew) who can add another dimension to our set up.
    This was not just a good win, it might be the start of the serious and proper use of the squad, based on the opposition.Finally, Conte has choices.

Bodinki likes this.
  7. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

Am most pleased with Christensen actually becoming a valued member of our team.
    Like so many of our youth products, I feared he would be shipped off for a few bucks to some midtable french team or some ****.
    But his performances in the Bundesliga meant that he could not be ignored by our coaching staff , and am glad we finally have a youth product in our ****ing first team, and a great one at that <ok>

8. StanDMan

Forum Moderator

CP, Tony always had choices in fact more choices than last season Tbh. I will not get accept that injuries forced his hand.

If he can keep Ampadu on bench and drop Luiz against none less than Judas, he could / should have done this much earlier.

9. Chelsea Pensioner

Sorry but I can't agree. No one is more impressed than I am with "Fuzzy" Ampadu, but the kid is at best, a 45 min player just now. He had some choices at the back definately, with Christensen ,Kenedy, Rudiger Cahill and Luiz including swapping positions. Then we saw what that caused in Rome. In midfield he had no choices against a team like Roma, and up front even less.With everyone back, we are still cigarette paper thin up front and in midfield if either Morata or Kante are suspended or injured.
    So with all fit, things are better but the squad is lacking at least 2 players , both of who need to be at Hazard/ Azpi/ Kante quality before we are actually competitive.

Bodinki likes this.
  10. chelsea - over 100 years of history

Plus Courtois. People seem to overlook that we got him for peanuts and his loan was very successful. De Bruyne would have been another but for Jose being a twat and not playing him after a brilliant pre season!!

Our loan system can work as long as players perform when on loan and providing the manager then gives them a chance when they come back.

11. chelsea - over 100 years of history

spot on CP.

12. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

Who is Judas?

13. Chelsea Pensioner

Can I suggest that it's Jose??? At least that's what I think. Obviously Bodinki, you, like me , are not a man of religion.
    Jose betrayed Chelsea, as Judas betrayed Jesus ( who's looking very good for Liverpool)
    Now stick with me.
    Jesus is personified in this scenario, by Roman Abramovich, the saviour and miracle worker who can do no wrong. So Jose/Judas, is forever condemned for his crime/sins. Problem is, from where I sit it was player power that condemned Jose, and Jesus was asleep or prefers star ****ing players, above good management.
    Think that's what Stan means.

14. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

So Jose is a betrayer?
    Stan realises that our owner sacked him......TWICE....right?
    Its not like he voluntarily left to join Man United.
    Not to mention the fact that Jose is the most successful manager in CFC history in terms of trophy haul and win percentage?

15. BobbyD

BobbyD President

Judas is mourinho.

I believe Stan calls him this because Mourinho actually called himself Judas after the first match against Conte when he got booed.

StanDMan likes this.
  16. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

So Jose was supposed to refuse a job at arguably the biggest football club in the world because of loyalty to Chelsea, the club that had sacked him, not once, but twice?
    FFS Stan <doh>

17. chelsea - over 100 years of history

You're forgetting that Jose apparently orchestrated his sacking in order to go to United. Accordingly to Stan at least.....<laugh>

18. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

Jesus Christ.
    Yeah his half time team talk went like this "Eden, go out there and be ****! misplace all your passes, and look lethargic.....Costa, I want you to sulk and whine, and then stamp on an opposition player, Cesc, go missing completely and be a non entity, Nemanja, I want you to score and own goal and then get sent off. Gary.....just play as normal"

The players made us **** that season, not the ****ing manager. They downed tools after the Eva embargo, and Jose was pulling his bloody hair out trying to get them to do something.

I think Stan is just being willfully stupid in not wanting to blame our players, many of whom are still at the club....much easier to blame a manager who is now managing one of our rivals.
    But its total bullshit.

19. chelsea - over 100 years of history

Probably.

Though ironically he spends his whole time moaning about the players now. Except Cesc Woowoo and Gary C-Dog Cahill, who he loves. <whistle>

20. StanDMan

Forum Moderator

Ffs think I need to get a restraining order or something on you 2 guys <laugh>

You always talk about me!!