1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Now for United.......

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Chelsea Pensioner, Nov 1, 2017.

1. shedend59

shedend59 Active Member

Oh dear made a **** of yourself again

2. Bristol Blue

Bristol Blue Well-Known Member

Eh? What game did you watch? I thought Fabregas was immense today. With Kante back in the side we looked awesome.

The Ginger Marks likes this.
  3. The Ginger Marks

Stan can’t hide his petty hate for Fab & Cahill the whole team played really well. And yes Fab was immense today.

4. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

Oh well better luck next time.
    Knew we would lose as soon as Cescady Wescady was named in the starting XI....

Oh wait......We won <doh>
    #stanthehelmet

5. StanDMan

StanDMan Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

So it was Luiz who was impacting the entire back 3 after all.

What took Conte to bench his backside?

I accept that Cahill was solid but Cescy did precious little than side netting from 2 yards and failing to beat 1st man in set pieces.

If Judas hadn't played 7 Defensive players Cescy would have been troubled a lot.
    Not every team plays 7 Defensive players + 1 goal keeper <doh>, for us to play with 10 players.

But it was Kante's game. Remember Kante made Leicester champs.

One game doesn't make any difference. Tony needs to drop the non performers sooner than later.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2017
  6. StanDMan

Forum Moderator

Why the fcuk you didn't comment before KO?? <doh>

You were ****ting yourself after seeing Cescy in there. Just agree.
    BTW - I am rarely wrong <ok>

7. Gareth1808

Gareth1808 Well-Known Member

"Rarely wrong" is probably up for debate and that does mean that sometimes you are wrong so it's probably better to admit that you were instead of making increasingly bizarre comments.

Love or hate him Fabregas was very good today and was having a huge impact on the game. It was said several times during the commentary how he was controlling the game up until he was subbed.

As for the 7 defensive players, you can only play against what's put there and I'd have said from looking at United's team selection they fancied their chances. We were better in every department on the day though and deserved the win.

8. Chelsea Pensioner

Chelsea Pensioner Well-Known Member

Conte showed today why he's a football manager and mugs like me need to stick to paying to watch matches.
    Both Cahill and Fabregas, who I had on the bench, were outstanding, especially Fabregas. He did what he does well and then some, he opened United up so many times, if our strike force were sharper we'd have had a hatful. Then to prove a point Conte subs him at exactly the right time when he started to tire. Cahill played a great game as well, really lifted in every aspect.
    But boy oh boy, what a player Kante is. The entire team looked balanced and able to be in better positions. He retrieved lost balls like an eager greyhound puppy, and his passing to better positioned players was excellent. Then there's Bakayoko. Other than in front of goal, he looked exactly like the kind of player we need, and had a terrific game all over the pitch. Forget about comparisons to Matic, he's different and his own player. Top marks to the youngster. Morata however, apparently did take my advice,because he manned up and put himself about to great effect, even smiling on occasions when things went against him. Azpi was "awesome", as my grandaughters would say, Hazard drove Utd to distraction and I think I'll stop calling Christensen "young Christensen ' as he has definately come of age.
    Every player did his job well, some outstandingly well, and the Manager got everything right, including his time to use subs. Only poor decision was not shaking Joses' hand end of match. Should have taken the high ground and showed everyone he's above Joses' childish sniping.
    Can't expect more than that, and a good time was had by all.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2017
    StanDMan likes this.
  9. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

Fabregas, Kante and Hazard were superb, Morata was very effective and pulled our 3 defenders all over the place.
    That said, I have never seen Matic have such a bad game (even when he gave up with you), he gave the ball away so much I think he forgot which team he was playing for.

StanDMan likes this.
  10. shedend59

shedend59 Active Member

Sorry just got home from the game after a good day out how would I have known who was playing until team was announced 1 hour before KO as is the norm in the real world. Hope the game was as good for you in text world . Also thought Antonio's sack me plan was really badly executed today must try harder to fail methinks.

11. StanDMan

Forum Moderator

<applause> great match going true fan. Who needs key board warriors & oh yes TV money?

12. Super_Chelsea_Blue_Boys

Super_Chelsea_Blue_Boys Well-Known Member

I have to say Chelsea looked much better. Kante in the middle makes us look like champions again.

Morata over Lukaku every day. He did nothing for united and justified our reasoning to sell and not buy back.

13. Chelsea Pensioner

Chelsea Pensioner Well-Known Member

Sods' law with Matic, can't be easy to have such strong ties to a Team and then have to play against them. We were really up for this and I think Jose was too ready to take a draw. He does that you know Diego !!!! Couldn't see the parked bus, but he needed Felliianii on earlier to cause trouble, as he did for the last 15mins or so.
    Big match for us to win , and I think we deserved it . If only we could do that every week, maybe my grey hair might return to its' original colour.

StanDMan likes this.
  14. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

@StanDMan @shedend59

Come on guys ffs
    We won the game, against a title rival, and put in a great performance, why are there CFC fans arguing with each other.
    Lets not become the Arsenal board please!

15. chelsea - over 100 years of history

Stan showing he knows **** all again all over this thread. Utter embarrassment.

Bodinki likes this.
  16. chelsea - over 100 years of history

Great win. Looks like a race to be second though if City carry on as they are.

Love it when Jose's negative tactics bite him on the arse.

And what...a....header.

Bodinki likes this.
  17. CFC: Champs £launderx17

Matic was poor after he was sent off v Burnley Feb 2015. Before that he was dominant, more mobile, got forward, a really big player for us from Jan 14. Dunno what happened to him.

Bakayoko dominated him yesterday, but as you can see with him, the passing and end product is not there yet. So he may be frustrating in a different way to Matic

18. chelsea - over 100 years of history

"For me, Fabregas was the man of the match because he got control of the game and that was the difference for me. Chelsea's midfield gripped this game. I don't feel Manchester United's midfield did."

Spot on Gary Neville.

''pls pull Cescy now to have a hope of something from this game.''

Oh dear. <laugh>

19. CFC: Champs £launderx17

United sitting back suited him. He might have struggled more against a side that crossed the halfway line

StanDMan likes this.
  20. shedend59

shedend59 Active Member

Fellaini was brought on as a new player to foul hazard and went about hid job with gusto . And bod I have healthy debates about players and games with mates all the time but when I see a player put in a shift and someone just slag them off constantly it's hard to bite your tongue . It's far better to support the team whatever your mode of watching and have some constructive criticism than think if you say someone is rubbish or wants the sack often enough it must be true

Naas Blue likes this.