1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

New player on Monday

Discussion in 'Gillingham' started by vinney, Jun 29, 2013.

1. vinney

vinney Well-Known Member

I'm not putting this on the speculation thread as I believe this is the signing we have all been waiting for, so its very important.MA has just said on Sky that a new player will be signing on Monday who the fans will love.Surely it can only be !!!!!!!!!!!! can't it?:smile::smile::smile::smile:

2. brb

brb Guest

Trying to think of his name? <whistle>

3. oldposhpete

oldposhpete Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Wayne Rooney...?

4. brb

brb Guest

I'll up you a Jack Payne <laugh>

5. jayGills74

jayGills74 Active Member

Twitter is full of it, Cody, Simeon Jackson, some even saying both, seen Sidibe name mentioned as well.....no thanks, Simeon i very much doubt, hope its Cody

6. vinney

vinney Well-Known Member

I reckon we were just waiting for Jack to be sold so we could get Cody and now Jack's transfer has been confirmed (posh chairman on twitter) its allowed us the cash for Cody.

7. brb

brb Guest

I'm picking up rumours about Emile Sinclair - sorry cannot verify them but coming from Posh fans.

So could be Cody & Sinclair on Monday

8. The Gills PegLeg

The Gills PegLeg Up yer Harris

If we sign both of them then surely MA has had a rethink about Deom Burton? Can't see Deon being happy to play second fiddle to them.

9. brb

brb Guest

10. brb

brb Guest

No swap involved:

Darragh MacAnthony &#8207;@DMAC102 11m
    @Bucks_Gill Nope pal. We bought Jack outright. No swaps involved. Sorry

11. hullgills

hullgills Member

I am beginning to think it won't be Cody but Sinclair.

12. brb

brb Guest

Posh Chairman said no swap, they bought Jack outright.

13. hullgills

hullgills Member

Hopefully it is Cody, I was just trying to get ready for the disappointment.

14. The Gills PegLeg

The Gills PegLeg Up yer Harris

I think it would be very silly for Cody if he didn't sign for us tbh. He knows the club well, the fans love him and Mad Dog knows how to utilise him. The potential of a Kedwell-McDonald partnership is mouth watering and from a career perspective it has to be the right move.

15. Lenny38

Lenny38 Member

It's Leo Fortune-west...

16. SirKeefy

SirKeefy Member

I'm hoping its Cody, but also wouldn't mind Emile Sinclair at all.
    He is also highly rated, quick, and has scored goals in Championship & Div 1.

Certainly no donkey.

But having said that, I don't think it's likely to be Sinclair. If it was him, why didn't the clubs just arrange a swap + cash? Unless for sell-on clause reasons Scally wants the Jack Payne sale a 'stand-alone' maybe.

Anyway, good luck Jack. All the best at Boro and beyond.

17. HOADIE_BOI

HOADIE_BOI Well-Known Member

It will be Tommy Forecast on a permanent deal. Just have a feeling that Martin Allen is having a little laugh. Jokes aside hopefully I am wrong, just hoping it is McDonald.
    I can't see how we would be able to bring Simeon Jackson back however that would be a real coup if we could bring him back as I would pick him over McDonald as he would also come back a better player due to his premiership experience and also that I believe he is a high standard championship player, so that would be amazing to have him back but it won't be him as we would not be able to afford his wages.
    Just hoping for Cody, just really want it to be him as that is one that the fans would love to see back at the club, not sure who else it could be as I have been thinking who else it could be and I can't think of any other player.

18. brb

brb Guest

I think that is a good analysis you may make Sir Keefy. The precise question to Darragh was 'has Gills got anyone in return'. Replying 'Nope pal. We bought Jack outright. No swaps involved. Sorry' - hence that does not mean a completely separate deal was not done. But we have to bear in mind according to the Posh Telegraph he had already turned down two offers from League One Clubs. I would be interested to know who were those clubs, because according to Barry Fry the Posh had accepted those offers.

19. vinney

vinney Well-Known Member

Everywhere I read on this topic, people are saying that it will be 2 players tomorrow. Where has this come from, as I'm sure MA only said one? I doubt it would be two strikers anyway,as we've still got Keds, German,Weston, Nyafli, and Whelps, although Weston and Whelps are also midfielders and Nyafi and German are largely unproved, so maybe Deon will be given a new contract. If we do take on anyone apart from Cody, I expect it to be another midfielder although why we would want another one of them I don't know. I would think that if we sign Cody,that will be the end of our transfer business, except for a back up keeper, and the keeper we played at Ashford looked OK as a 2nd keeper

20. brb

brb Guest