1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

New Head Coach

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by FellTop, Nov 26, 2023.

1. Southern A

Southern A Well-Known Member

Hard to know how much of what Fishpaste is saying is true or somebodies opinion of the truth.

Completely agree with you that KS should not be there unless KLD 100% trusts him. The very fact KLD is meeting the candidates suggests he doesn't.

Then you come on to when's a good time for Speakman to leave and the truth is there's no good time but there is a bad time, and the bad time is pretty much now.

So fingers cross Speakman leaves in September.

2. TopCat_

TopCat_ Well-Known Member

You'd think that would tell KLD something...

SourPatch2 likes this.
  3. Blyth_bucaneer

Blyth_bucaneer Well-Known Member

Dunno if Hull have a DOF, just curious as to whom had the final say on players coming into their set up in January gone, think they spent a lot IIRC, for some reason though I doubt Rosenior had the final say, so he'd be perfect for the role here, because I doubt he'd have little input in those decisions here. I've merely raised this because there's still a lot of people of the opinion that the new head coach should be responsible for the transfer business, which probs won't happen even in light of the hierarchy stating that they've taken on board the errors of the last campaign.

4. Southern A

So my opinion (not for one second suggesting this is fact), is that people meet Speakman and just don't like him. I know I feel iffy about pretty much everything he says, and people he interviews will no doubt get similar vibes.

5. Pure River Slut

Pure River Slut Well-Known Member

As I’ve been saying needs another buffer at first team level with a bit of additional power. Speakman plus one with first team nouse and I’d be ok with Speakman for the other good he brings.

Robertson likes this.
  6. Scout73

Scout73 Well-Known Member

Without speaking to all the candidates how would that fishpaste know thats the case

Dont get me wrong im not a speakman fan after last season n the beale situation but no way for us to know if his statement is true for all candidates

Young Ted, J Flash, Dorset and 6 others like this.
  7. SourPatch2

SourPatch2 Well-Known Member

But then do you not have the same problem where you need to find a DoF who wants to work with Rosenior? I think a lot would just feel like we'd be unnecessarily narrowing the pool of candidates similarly to how we are now

8. TopCat_

Have mentioned this before that I have a friend who knows Speakman on a professional basis. His first words to me were "yeah...he's a bit marmite"

Blond Bombshell and Southern A like this.
  9. TopCat_

Hopefully this is as accurate of FP's usual posts and we appoint someone else out of the blue <laugh>

Robertson and Scout73 like this.
  10. Southern A

I don't think we'll ever find the perfect utopian solution. If Speakman needs to leave (and I think he does), then his replacement will, yes, have to accept Rosenior (or whoever) as the Head Coach.

The ideal situation would have been Speakman leaving when Beale left, and a new Technical Director coming in by the end of the season, and a new Head Coach appointed by them this summer. But if KLD is only now deciding he wants rid of Speakman, the next best thing is for Speakman to go in September.

SourPatch2 and TopCat_ like this.

11. Chadm93

Chadm93 Active Member

Theres a piece floating around about how they interview in rounds with more people being involved theres no way it will of been just KLD

Young Ted and Scout73 like this.
  12. Southern A

The thing about Speakman is I get the impression he knows he's a bit marmite and almost takes pride in it rather than wanting to fix it. He's got his way of doing things and if others don't like it, they're wrong, not him.

I wish I had an ounce of the self-confidence he portrays

13. Forpadydeplasterer

Forpadydeplasterer Well-Known Member

Personally don't think it'll be Rosenior, going off those Fishpaste tweets.

Nothing is coming out of the club, unless it's to stem mass hysteria. So why would they brief Fishpaste that they'd met Rosenior and it's taken ages coz no one wants to work with Speakman. He's got that info off someone not at the club imo.

Wouldn't be surprised if the new head coach has hardly been mentioned, we're that good at keeping things quiet nowadays. ( Which leads to the mass hysteria <laugh> )

14. SourPatch2

SourPatch2 Well-Known Member

Yeah Tan Kesler runs the recruitment and i'm sure the owner is heavily involved judging by what he says in the media, as well as being on the Fenerbache board. Don't think Rosenior had much of a say.

Blyth_bucaneer likes this.
  15. Brainy Dose

Brainy Dose Well-Known Member

This is one of the debates on here which has never been resolved. It's my opinion that the coach says what positions he needs to fill, the recruitment team identify potentials,KS sorts out the financials and the coach is given the choice from,say 2 or 3,and doesn't get involved in any contract matters,just gets to work with them on the training ground. Hopefully someone will tell me if it's not the case. We seem to have deviated once or twice only from that modus...Dack being the obvious.

Blyth_bucaneer likes this.
  16. The Norton Cat

The Norton Cat Well-Known Member

If he is like that, it's not self confidence, it's arrogance. And it's not something to aspire to.

17. Southern A

yeh fair

18. Southern A

Gab Sutton thinks Rosenior would be a great appointment for us.

@GabSutton
    14s

I feel Liam Rosenior did an excellent job at Hull! Established a clear style, showing fantastic people skills. Always spoke so warmly of those he worked with, even when it now appears there may have been disagreements. Would be a great appointment. #SAFC

Dorset, Robertson, CR17 and 2 others like this.
  19. Dunder Mifflin

Dunder Mifflin Well-Known Member

We could do a whole lot worse, see Beale and the linked Robinson

20. Chadm93

Chadm93 Active Member

I must say its all assumptions about Speakmans personality and traits, as all we see is snippets in the media, unless anyone has personally worked with its a bit unfair to say hes arrogant etc.

Im not Speakman on a burner account btw haha