1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Neil Warnock

Discussion in 'Cardiff City' started by Masky, Oct 5, 2018.

1. ninian opinion

ninian opinion Well-Known Member

A telling fact is Tan oversaw the last PL campaign so had some knowledge and insight into what was required to survive or even prosper at this level.
    Granted he probably had the Mackay issue at the back of his mind but he surely took advice as to the type of players and management needed this time round.
    If he thought City could do ok on a relative shoestring budget and hope the players and coaches who succeeded last season could seamlessly step up then that was misconceived.
    It is what it is as they say so we’ve got to face a hard winter of likely discontent.
    Hoping a January influx will turn the team around IMO is somewhat illusory.

2. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

OK, let's look at the results so far then. Whichever direction you come from, we were taught a harsh lesson in our first game at Bournemouth - the teams already up here know what's needed and we were outplayed.

As for the games against the 4 "Galacticos", we could have got something from Arsenal at home and Spurs were a shabby outfit on the day but we lost both. Against the other two, Man City and Chelsea, it looked like we'd crash landed on another planet - they toyed with us. Fair enough, that was all to be expected but what about the others in our mini-league?

We failed to beat poor Huddersfield and Newcastle teams both reduced to 10 men, and then got suckered at home losing to Burnley, probably the worst side of the lot. Huddersfield went to Turf Moor last week and got a point.They were all over them and should have won easily - that says it all.

I don't accept the journo's/pundit's "embarrassment to the Prem" crap for one minute - we've earned the right to be here but we've not helped ourselves to stay here.

The question is where do we go from here? Looks like Warnock and Co can't wait until January talking about bringing players in. Until then we have to dig in and battle with what we've got. For whatever reasons (and we won't get any), it's a problem of our own making.

3. ccfcremotesupport

ccfcremotesupport Well-Known Member

Or £6M for madine who most of us don't see as a striker.:(

Or anything else for that matter. :emoticon-0145-shake

4. BrizzleBluebird

BrizzleBluebird Well-Known Member

Fair play Sparks, I can't argue with Confucious! :emoticon-0145-shake:emoticon-0105-wink:
    I agree our "mess" is of our own making and we have to live with it...

We just need to keep backing the boys and hope for the best eh?

Oldsparkey likes this.
  5. DaiJones

DaiJones Well-Known Member

It's still early days but we can turn things around.

Before the January window we have 6 home games Fulham, Leicester, Brighton, Wolves, Southampton & Man U we could and should get 10+ points
    And 6 away we have Liverpool, Everton, West Ham, Watford, Palace & Leicester there are no easy away games but we should get 4 or more points

So from our first 20 games we are looking at 16- 18 points

in the last 3 seasons 34, 35 & 38 points would have kept us up and I think that 34 will do it this season.

6. aberdude

aberdude Well-Known Member

it could be worse lads>>>>>>we could be living in Britain instead of Canada :emoticon-0121-angry:emoticon-0121-angry<wah>:emoticon-0176-smoke:emoticon-0176-smoke:emoticon-0176-smoke<wah><wah><wah>

whiffletree likes this.
  7. Masky

Masky Well-Known Member

Hmmmm....Confusious he say “man with knob up chimney...fugging grate!” :emoticon-0103-cool:

8. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Dai - those home games are so important. <ok>

Away from home, we need to surprise someone who'll take us for granted. A few in that 6 you posted could shed points in our direction, possibly any of them except Liverpool.

I'd take half a dozen points from the 18 on offer as a massive bonus to take us into the New Year.

DaiJones likes this.
  9. aberdude

is that........no it..............masky wtf

10. BrizzleBluebird

BrizzleBluebird Well-Known Member

I'm sure that was Dick Van Dyke (cousin of Virgil perhaps) not Confucious?

11. ccfcremotesupport

ccfcremotesupport Well-Known Member

That was his stage name. His real name was Penis van Lesbian.

DaiJones likes this.
  12. Masky

Masky Well-Known Member

I know you’re upset Aber, I take full responsibility for informing the forum about your lack of manhood...I accept it pal! I can spell, I assure you I typed in Confucius, but somehow something unknown occurred! Anyway no one was harmed writing a few words down eh? Now get on with your wannnkin! :emoticon-0103-cool:

<party>Masky gets him every time! <party>Masky, our hero! <party>Legend!

13. aberdude

some strange stuff going on here tonight lads>>>>>>>>>dick van dyke is a girl from Aberdare loves winky but is a full blooded lesbian that will do anything for lemon drizzle cake.

masky I told you last time you challenged my manhood........stop pretending the last time we visited doris that you wasn't the man at the rear doing the plug routine......................I hurt 2 much said doris>>>>and that was aimed at me knocking in the front doors

14. Masky

Masky Well-Known Member

Ken? <laugh>

15. ninian opinion

ninian opinion Well-Known Member

Sorry to be pessimistic but those teams will see an away fixture at Cardiff as a real opportunity for 3 points. They’ll be looking to launch wave after wave of attacks through our flimsy central midfield and sluggish and porous defence. I doubt they’ll be concerned with our lack lustre offensive capabilities<whistle>

I bet Fulham cannot wait for Saturday to do precisely that:emoticon-0138-think

16. aberdude

Let’s wait and see......if we don’t win then that’s the way the cookie crumbles.........Ask ken he will tell ew

17. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

There is no doubt about it the Fulham game is a must win, Not a draw but a win. No game is easy i know but Warnock has had enough time now to identify the many problems there are......In nearly every game Cardiff have had good spells of football but they are not frequent enough and Warnock must look at that and install confidence in the players to last the full game and not let their heads drop.......1-0 or a 2-0 would be fantastic and could kick start the season. Lose and Warnock needs to be replaced...

18. aberdude

Oh fk off dai

19. Masky

Masky Well-Known Member

30507744-FA08-4D9B-B2C5-4D4FB11B3371.jpeg

Squeaky bum time pals? :emoticon-0103-cool:

20. aberdude

All the fans can do is play thy part from the stands and support the lads on the pitch.

DaiJones and Oldsparkey like this.