1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Neil Warnock

Discussion in 'Cardiff City' started by Masky, Oct 5, 2018.

1. Masky

Masky Well-Known Member

Now Masky isn’t known for talking bollocks as you are aware, but last season well before we won promotion I stated that if we went up, he would be ousted not long into the new season! As one of the nicest guys on this forum, I take no pleasure from being right all the bloody time, but I sense my prediction will come true after theTottenham game. I have enjoyed having him as manager, and sincerely hope he turns it around tomorrow!
    Unfortunately I just read that NW said, “You have to work with what you’ve got!”, but Masky says what you’ve got us what you put in place pal. I am not a season ticket holder, but I feel for the paying fans....and people like Masky who subscribe to Sky TV as a means of watching Cardiff City!
    If as has been suggested Tan wouldn’t pay the big bucks....it was always going to be a “lose” situation...and perhaps NW should step down now, as he can’t inspire this team sufficiently, to stay in this league.
    Signs are that Tan has crossed the line in his thought process, and realises the “Money Cow” is about to be lost!
    I am amazed that we lost to a poor Burnley side after dominating the game, but realisation kicked in, when my pal NW folded his arms and cursed his luck!
    Great season last time, but time to go and check out your tractor me thinks! :emoticon-0103-cool:

<party>I concur Masky!<party>Been a great two years!<party>Bring In Steve Claridge I say!

2. Jay-Rede

Jay-Rede Well-Known Member

As much as I like NW, I think you may be right. His track record in the Premier League speaks for itself. However, THIS WAS A FREE SEASON, we were never expected to be here. I think Tan gave him a £30m transfer budget, which isnt enough to give a Championship side looking to survive the cruelty of the top flight.. However, what was given, in my opinion wasnt spent wisely. Alex Smithies bought for £4m who isn't even on the bench!

I can see Bellars taking over to be perfectly honest, but I'm not sure how good that would turn out to be!

3. LIBERTARIAN

LIBERTARIAN Well-Known Member

The horrible reality of ' Life at the top '.
    Warnock's no Laruschka Mischa Skikne, that's Laurence Harvey in real money, and as the P.L. is very much a results driven environment, he seems doomed, unless a dramatic upturn in fortunes happens pretty soon.
    Warnock is not everyone's cup of tea, and has many detractor's.
    There's something likeable about him though, as he lacks any sign of pretentiousness.
    He is what he is, and has achieved much in his managerial career to date, although not so much in the top flight.
    Should he get the sack, he will likely be snapped up by a Championship Club not soon afterwards.
    The Warnock's of the footballing world are seldom out of work for long.

4. ninian opinion

ninian opinion Well-Known Member

Why should it have been seen as a “free season?”

Getting to the PL is very difficult unless you sneak in through the back door via the play offs in 6th spot.

It’s what you do once you’re there which is the real test. Why waste the opportunity? It may never come again.

On every conceivable front City have failed. Inexperienced players, management and back room staff at this level. They are a good championship standard but the gulf is huge.

The fans have been hoodwinked and possibly conned by the Board. Conspiracy theorists may say it’s all a massive bonus to Tan to get into the PL, so he can take the money and then run.

If so what a short sighted mistake. The more time you spend in the PL, the more money you make and the more attractive you make the club to foreign investors. No PL club within distance with a captive audience and huge fan base in a burgeoning city.

Am I dissolusioned or disappointed? Both actually as after the last time I had thought somewhat with rose tinted vision, Tan would be up for a challenge and embrace it.

Tan has gone mysteriously quiet.

I suspect NW won’t see out the month; he’s hinted as such today to the media.

5. DaiJones

DaiJones Well-Known Member

Looks like the fans have small memories when Warnock took up the challenge we were next to bottom of the championship.

Crowds were abysmal, the usual subjects were pillorying Tan and the message boards were going into overdrive.

2 years later were are we ?

1) In the Prem
    2) With Tan putting a large amount of loans into equity and the money we get even if we finish last will put us in financial state I've never seen in my 50 years of following Cardiff City
    3) 4 consecutive league crowds of over 30,000, again a new one on me.

I'm 64 and have never felt so at one with the Bluebirds, team, manager & owner.

I'm going to KTF and enjoy the season what ever happens.

6. Masky

Masky Well-Known Member

I agree with all that Dai, Masky has seen some dire times at Cardiff City too! If NW walked or was pushed, I don’t think any of us would feel less of him, he remains a hero, as indeed does Malky Mackay for what they achieved. I got the feeling after reading / hearing him today, that it will follow the expected course...sadly! :emoticon-0103-cool:

<party>Warnock for Prime Minister! <party>May out! <party>Yeah!

7. glamexile

glamexile Well-Known Member

I agree NW worked his magic to get you from where you were when took over to promotion in 2 seasons. The odds were stacked against him from the start of this season. So unless you have a couple unexpected results in October I can't see him being your manager in November plus as I put on one of your other posts I have heard from a good source that discussion has started with fat Sam.

I am not sure Sam would be the right person for you though. Now that Bruce has been shown the door expect the managerial merry go round to start!

DragonPhilljack likes this.
  8. glamexile

glamexile Well-Known Member

Mind you Jose will be free soon

DragonPhilljack likes this.
  9. Hilts24

Hilts24 Well-Known Member

Pretty much how i feel.

We are going down. So what. The huge majority are behind the manager after what he achieved.

We can bounce back again.

Im 100 per cent behind the man in charge.

10. ninian opinion

NW has conceded he is under pressure.

Whatever happens to him I’ll never ever forget what he’s done for this club.

My favourite City manager will always be Ritchie Morgan for that brief time when City played some great football. Beating to be promoted Brighton on Easter Saturday 1979 was as good as it could be; what a performance.

BUT Neil Warnock will go down as the man who did the impossible. Mackay’s achievement was as superb but the way NW went about it was just something else.

Oldsparkey and ccfcremotesupport like this.

11. Masky

Masky Well-Known Member

NP, agree about Richie Morgan, big bustling centre half. He lived in Pentyrch and became a client of mine, very nice bloke too! He was 7th or thereabouts in the league when he was sacked amazingly! Always had a wry smile on his face when he told me stories about life at city. No money in the club then, poor gates and a crumbling Ninian Park. Hardly played any games for the first team as he was in the shadow of Don Murray (I think!) :emoticon-0103-cool:

12. suprimir

suprimir Active Member

I am with Hilts here. There is no point in bringing in anybody else. Firstly, anyone with experience will want a salary I doubt we will pay. Secondly, the players aren't up to the standard, so it doesn't matter who comes.

NW may ger fired if we are adrift after 15-20 games, but then we would be just replacing him with somebody who is probably a newbie.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2018
  13. ccfcremotesupport

ccfcremotesupport Well-Known Member

At that point we'd be preparing for the next season in the championship.
    Who would you want doing that? Someone who is likely to get you back up, some one with a track record of promotions.........:emoticon-0138-think

Still think if we got relegated a young manager with Colin on the board would be a wise move.

14. irishbluebird

irishbluebird Well-Known Member

Nooooooooo!!!!

15. irishbluebird

irishbluebird Well-Known Member

Great post Ninian. I don't buy all this "we'll be a better championship side next season" stuff. I said at the start of this season I would be glad to finish fourth from bottom and then kick on. We should have invested more in the summer and gave ourselves at least a chance of staying up. We cannot compete unless we have some decent money to buy some decent players. I suspect that Colin is talking about getting the boot because he has not been promised the investment he needs to keep us up and may walk away. I've supported the Bluebirds for 40 years and I want them to be a premier league team, not some yo yo club.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2018
    Oldsparkey, whiffletree and danablu like this.
  16. taffthefish

taffthefish Well-Known Member

NW is doing his job, it’s a tough job given the lack of quality in the side. I don’t think we can blame NW alone for the activity in the transfer market. Doesn’t every potential transfer have to go through the transfer committee? Or has all that stopped?

17. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

Warnock is out of his depth, Come on admit it. Lose against Fulham and he should resign before being pushed. He must be the most clueless manager ever when it comes to the premiership and we have had a few of those i can tell you......Sticking with him is a defeatist attitude because a different manager with a different approach may give you a boost that could keep you out of the bottom 3 come the end of the season.......Never give up this early in the season just give up on Warnock's ability in the premiership as his record shows you he is not good enough...

18. suprimir

suprimir Active Member

Dai. Can you point out where Warnock is going wrong tactically? What mistakes has he made with team selection? What could he do on match day to do better? .

The errors from Warnock seem to be the signings in preseason which may or may not be a club issue and the opening couple of matches where he was too defensive. Lately, I don't think he is doing much wrong tactically.

So no, I won't admit he is out of his depth, but I guess we need to prepare for the 50 posts from you just saying "He is" "He is"

19. ninian opinion

Results decide the fate of a manager.

IMO he’s also not getting enough quality technical support from his two cohorts. All 3 seem cut from the same wood. A lack of technical ability in the team must stem in part from the coaching.

Watching Arsenal yesterday toy with a technically gifted Fulham team was extraordinary. I expect Fulham will think they can do the same to us but like v Arsenal there should be room on the pitch for Victor & Murphy in particular to have more success.

The Fulham game is now pivotal. The Burnley game was pivotal for City but this next game more so for NW.

suprimir and BluefromBridgend like this.
  20. Masky

Masky Well-Known Member

Can’t believe we attempted to get Ralls red card overturned. The most obvious foul I have ever seen, makes me wonder what is going on in the head of NW...is he crumbling? :emoticon-0103-cool:

swanseaandproud likes this.