1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Merging into the transfer rumour thread

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Teessidemackem, Aug 9, 2018.

1. Teessidemackem

Teessidemackem Well-Known Member

I dont read it, I have no interest in reading about rumours which is why I create my own threads if were close to signing a player so a proper debate can be had about him, rather than a load of topics crossing all over eachother. Id have preferred to have been asked permission before my threads were moved.
    Im not going to make a song and dance of it because the windows nearly over so my work for today is now done. Ill think better of it in the next window.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2018
    Brian Storm likes this.
  2. Vincemac

Vincemac Well-Known Member

There do it all the time

Teessidemackem likes this.
  3. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

Yeah it's not like it matters if there are a few threads knocking about, its just a Sunderland forum not a highly efficient machine that needs to run at peak performance 24/7.

Merge by all means just check with the thread creators first. You know how much it can annoy people.

Burly Hurley and Teessidemackem like this.
  4. Burly Hurley

Burly Hurley Well-Known Member

I really don't understand all these thread mergings and constant tidying-up!

Are we running out of disk space or something?

At the very least whoever's doing it should ask the thread poster as a courtesy first.

Saf and Teessidemackem like this.
  5. SAFCDRUM

SAFCDRUM Well-Known Member

Yip on this occasion I like individual threads on signings that are fairly imminent. No need to merge on this occasion.

6. Teessidemackem

Im glad im not alone in thinking an individual thread about a certain player is better for a debate than a transfer rumour thread with topics all over the place.

If I wanted to post on there I would but i dont hence my choice of writing my own personal thread.
    Its abit annoying seeing it getting whisked away onto a thread 32 pages long with about 500 different players mentioned.

Jack TheLad, Nacho and Burly Hurley like this.
  7. Mackem-Tiz

Mackem-Tiz Well-Known Member

Where's the goals footage of Power that Tees put on here? ...trying to show me work mates lol and can't find it?!

8. Vincemac

Yeh

9. Burly Hurley

As long as I've been on here its always been the form that the guy who creates the thread "owns" the thread if you get what I mean. Why has this changed?

Brian Storm likes this.
  10. Teessidemackem

It was whisked away onto the transfer rumour thread from under my nose. Theres another reason why its annoying. Youll have to troll through all the posts now.

11. Vincemac

Owns the thread you must be joking
    Merge merge merge that’s all I’ve ever known

12. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

Aye I like the main thread for rumours and anything more concrete to have its own thread. Hasn't mattered quite as much with not having a fecking clue who any of our new players are but that's the way it should be nonetheless.

13. Vincemac

Yeh mate I’ve lost track

14. Brian Storm

Brian Storm Well-Known Member

The Rumour thread was mainly used for reference as I used to do it long before Gordon even posted here as I would keep a running list and post it at the end of every week/month. Round the time I did the predictions and match threads and the place ran like clock work. Main board was always used for signings with legs, or even rumours with no legs. People posted what the wanted on the main board before that grammar Nazi turned up. Tinkering and switching and swapping and changing things that have been in place a very long time has ****ed the place. I don't mind old things changing, so long as it's for the better and not for this half arse chaotic bollocks which is a million miles from improvement imo.

I know it's discuraging mate. It's part the reason I've gone from doing all sorts for this board to **** all.

Teessidemackem likes this.
  15. Brian Storm

Brian Storm Well-Known Member

Cause a certain somebody thinks he owns the place and has been making his own rules up as he goes for a while. Deleted threadsonly came him when he arrived. Threads were never ever deleted, closed at the OP discretion yes, but never ever deleted, people used to have to stand by their words. Now if something developed to the point the police had to be involved there'd be no evidence as Mr Sweep it up will have already been there to **** it all up like he's ****ing everything else up.

16. Vincemac

That must be where all my posters have gone into cyber space

17. Jack TheLad

Jack TheLad Well-Known Member

I hate the merging too.

Complete power trip and abuse of power to a degree.

18. Disco down under

Disco down under Well-Known Member

Don't really understand why it keeps happening when people have outright asked for it to stop happening.

clockstander, Dorset, Saf and 3 others like this.
  19. Burly Hurley

I was thinking the same thing earlier.

Weird! Or maybe just arrogance.

20. Disco down under

Disco down under Well-Known Member

Presume it's a compulsion thing. Something difficult to break. Otherwise it's the height of arrogance.

21. Teessidemackem

Exactly mate i purposely created 2 threads to talk about 2 individual players we are linked with so we could chat and debate amongst ourselves about them and how they would strenghen our team.
    Why would i post it on a rumour thread, and why should i even have to justify my reasons for writing a thread? The more threads created the better in my opinion. People get bored clicking on an everlasting thread all the time.
    Why not just show abit of common courtesy and ask before merging a thread somebody's taken the time and effort to create?