1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Membership conundrum

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by Eireleeds1, Feb 15, 2019.

1. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

Bought a silver membership months back obviously to guarantee match day tickets. Didnt want to keep annoying lads on here to get them for me. Thing is, its no use basically anymore because of higher demand. So I contacted club re upgrading to gold or platinum but they explained I cant, must spend a further 40 quid. Thats not a problem but they also said if demand continues to increase Gold may not guarantee a ticket either. Im wondering is there any point in continuing buying memberships if I wont be able to get a ticket after buying flights etc. I could end up with a wallet full of useless membership cards by end of season and Rad will have my cash

wakeybreakyheart likes this.
  2. wakeybreakyheart

wakeybreakyheart Well-Known Member

Same here bud ive been robbed too. What will they do next season have they plans to introduce a new membership structure for an inflated price. Lets say £150 for first five thousand to include crappy lutv. So they would get first dibs on tickets but maximum of two each. Season ticket holders should not be allowed to buy extra matchday tickets. The membership is a farce and what about members clubs do they get a priority period to block book their tickets. Best thing to do for next season is watch via tv or computer.

3. lifecheshirewhite

There's always going to be 10,000 tickets on sale to gold members,but like you say no guarantee,if we go up,will be another big jump in Season Tickets and very few tickets left.

4. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

I think this is a problem for the club and almost falls under miss-selling rules like PPI. A membership scheme should have benefits for being a member and if that benefit is a guarantee for tickets then great. I get having a different members scheme for guaranteeing away tickets but that should be it and if a 3rd membership scheme is allowed it should be to guarantee home and away tickets. So Eire and Wakey membership has become defunct and they should be reimbursed pro-rata and offered an upgrade to a new scheme that guarantees what they had in the first place

Last edited: Feb 15, 2019
    Eireleeds1 and wakeybreakyheart like this.
  5. lifecheshirewhite

I was a gold member 2 years ago and could only get away rickets for about 4-5 away games,that was also the season we looked like being in the play offs,the club sold 40,000 memberships despite there only being 30,000 tickets available if we got Wembley,also in 1989 I went 43 league and cup games but the club sold tickets for last game away to anyone and I couldn't get a ticket <grr>

Irishshako and wakeybreakyheart like this.
  6. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

It's a form of miss-selling and the club should be ashamed

7. Eireleeds1

Exactly what I thought Doc and would happily upgrade. Just a bit reluctant to hand over another 40 quid probably for nothing. Might have to as backs sort of to the wall having already forked out for the travel

8. Jammy 07

Jammy 07 Well-Known Member

I'll have go at getting tickets for you Eire if you need a bit of help.

Should be able to get up to 6 extra as have 2 ST.

Just let me know asap if you've already booked flights etc.

Eireleeds1 and lifecheshirewhite like this.
  9. Jammy 07

It's not though is it ?

The membership T&C's have always been quite clear that there is a pecking order...Platinum/Gold /Silver/. When I didn't have a ST I always bought gold (at that time platinum didn't exist) just in case we made the play offs as I thought silver would be insufficient.

You can't blame the club for giving people a choice, although not being able to upgrade is perhaps harsh, but then if you think about it everyone would upgrade now and that would penalize the platinum/gold members who decided it was the wise thing to do before a ball was kicked.

10. lifecheshirewhite

2 years ago they sold 15,000 extra memberships in march and April taking away the guaranteed play off ticket that 25,000 had paid for in August.

wakeybreakyheart likes this.

11. lifecheshirewhite

Not sure season ticket holders should get the chance of getting 3 tickets as gold members,with 20,000 season ticket holders and another 20,000 gold members,in theory that's 120,000 tickets they can buy between them but only about 12,000 available.

Irishshako likes this.
  12. Eireleeds1

Thanks a million Jammy. Ill pm you later

13. Jammy 07

You could argue the case for there being a cut off point for sale of membership...say end of January for example, but why should a business deprive themselves of a revenue stream. There is, never has been, nor ever will be any guarantee of tickets, membership merely gets you closer to the front of the queue.

Supporters are continually reminded that the only way to guarantee your seat is to be a season ticket holder but even that does not guarantee a Wembley play off final ticket for example as nothing does.

I presume those who took advantage of the reduced price for the East Stand Upper will be relegated to last in the queue should that eventuality happen.

14. lifecheshirewhite

No they have placed them who travel more than 5 miles at the top of the queues,and them who use VPN's at the bottom <whistle> as for choosing money instead of looking after their most loyal fans,there is no club without them loyal fans,the fly by nights in North Yorkshire who only go when they win,won't keep the club going.

Irishshako and Jammy 07 like this.
  15. Irishshako

Irishshako Well-Known Member

The thing is Chesh we have been in the Premier before and I can't ever remember having hassle getting tickets. Even when O'Leary was manager. I think the increase in season ticket holders has had something to do with it. What used to happen was if the club was playing badly the hop on the bandwagon fans would stay away. Remember all the hassle when we got to the playoffs against Watford. Supporters were trying to buy memberships to get a ticket. <ok> Like I said before Chesh, I've always had a membership because that was the only way of more or less guaranteeing you a ticket.:)

16. lifecheshirewhite

Think the ground held over 40,000 last time we were prem though m8,but seen the club saying they wont have any new Season Tickets if we go up.

Irishshako likes this.
  17. Irishshako

Irishshako Well-Known Member

That's true although I thought it was always just under 40,000. It would be interesting to look up those seasons.<ok>

I just looked back at the 92/93 season after we had won the first division. The highest home games were just over 30,000:grin:

18. Eric Le Merde

Eric Le Merde Well-Known Member

Screen Shot 2019-02-16 at 2.42.07 am.png

19. lifecheshirewhite

Times have changed though m8,seen our first year back in the prem was 25,000 average,you could pay on the gate every where and there were very few sell outs,even scum away was pay on gate and only around 50,000 crowds.Think the year we went down they had changed even then,think we lost at home to Pompey near end of season and crowd was about 38,000

20. lifecheshirewhite

Irishshako likes this.