1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Membership conundrum

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by Eireleeds1, Feb 15, 2019.

1. FollowMe&LeedsUnited

FollowMe&LeedsUnited Well-Known Member

In the 70s many a time we thought there were more fans in the ground than stated!

2. Jammy 07

Jammy 07 Well-Known Member

Totally agree...the cheese wedge along with the south stand creates a wonderful atmosphere at that end of the ground. Fans started to come back because we were doing well and they enjoyed themselves so much they kept coming even though we imploded on the pitch after xmas last season.

The support currently given to the team is as good as I can remember so we definitely don't want to be messing with the equilibrium.

FollowMe&LeedsUnited likes this.
  3. Jammy 07

That's true...we thought it was probably a tax dodge given fans paid cash on the turnstiles in those days.

FollowMe&LeedsUnited likes this.
  4. FollowMe&LeedsUnited

FollowMe&LeedsUnited Well-Known Member

The amount of kids they let hop over the turnstiles for free too. They always did that with us; bless the turnstile operators.

5. Jammy 07

As a city Leeds has changed so much since we were last in the PL and it seems the people have now woken up to the fact that as well as having a decent side to support it's actually a great experience going down to ER.

Of course many fans from far and wide have also returned and youngsters will have inherited the passion from family members regardless of where they are from.

However I would agree that until recently numbers have been disappointing and for such a large vibrant city that was a bit of a mystery. Hopefully those days are now behind us and the fanbase both local and worldwide will continue to grow.

It's absolutely imperative though that the connection between the city and the club/team be maintained by having a stadium within walking distance of the city centre, as it is now. Fortunately there is enough land available around ER to make that entirely feasible and hopefully there will be a collaboration between the club and LCC to see that happen.

6. DirtyLeeds

DirtyLeeds Well-Known Member

Pretty sure the website shows silver and gold simply get priority for home tickets, doesn't mention anything about 2nd or 3rd priority. It does in the small print, of which I am now painfully aware, but who reads pages and pages of small print ? I've always had silver membership and never had problems getting a ticket until now.

wakeybreakyheart likes this.
  7. LeeUtd

LeeUtd Well-Known Member

Need a bigger ground so no-one goes without a ticket when the demand is high. There is not a big enough support from the city alone, to alienate those those that travel from further a field, whether that be Eire, NI, Cheshire, Norway or Southampton.

8. 2 pennth

2 pennth Well-Known Member

I remember that in the mid 50s. And I had one of the best seats in the house. First cross piece on the floodlight gantry perfect view.