1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic May vs Corbyn

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Albert's Chip Shop, Dec 12, 2018.

1. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

Well.. the vote of confidence has been triggered.

If she loses.... then it's highly likely a general election will be triggered which will mean that Marxist Jezza will bool in with his wrecking ball and become PM.

Surely even Tories aren't dumb enough to chose Corbyn over May because effectively that is what it will be in tonight's vote?

I can sense the hoop of the middle classes twitching as I type.....

2. JakartaToon

JakartaToon Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Not sure why you think a General Election would be triggered unless the DUP choose this moment to withdraw their support for Conservatives. I doubt they would do that at the moment as they want to be in a position to influence the Backstop Arrangement, and they risk losing their influence over the ruling party if they do.

Pound currently in freefall. Its even falling against the Lira so we must be ****ed.

3. Judge Death

Judge Death Well-Known Member

Profiteering - nothing more, nothing less

The sooner the financial services market is brought to account the better

Flash likes this.
  4. JakartaToon

JakartaToon Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I know - I am going to let it fall a bit further till I convert my Dollars!

5. Freddd

Freddd Well-Known Member

I'm not aware of any person or organisation which could prevent international currency trading, nor prevent the UK being perceived as a total ****ing shambles which is dead set on destroying its economy.

6. Captainchaos.

Captainchaos. Well-Known Member

I blame the leavers they've ruined the country on the basis of hope.

TheJudeanPeoplesFront likes this.
  7. Hung Drawn and Quartered

Hung Drawn and Quartered Well-Known Member

I have quite a few dollars in shares
    Give me a shout when it's time to sell

JakartaToon likes this.
  8. Judge Death

Judge Death Well-Known Member

So when the financial institutions were essentially betting on, and generating huge profits from, banks etc collapsing during the last recession - was that down to Brexit as well?

I agree that it would take a worldwide shift which is extremely unlikely to happen to change the current system, but I find it morally abhorrent that institutions can profit from creating a scenario which affects, potentially, millions of people

9. Freddd

Freddd Well-Known Member

No, the 2008 crash and all the crashes that came before it had nothing to do with Brexit. Brexit isn't the only way of ****ing up an economy, it's just the one we're using at the moment.

As for currency trading as a concept, capitalism isn't pretty. My assessment of it is much like Churchill's assessment of democracy: it is the worst system possible, except for all the others.

10. Geordie lass in the Fen

Geordie lass in the Fen Well-Known Member

I blame the leavers they’ve ruined the country on the basis of LIES.

11. Hung Drawn and Quartered

Hung Drawn and Quartered Well-Known Member

Dorty Dogbreath likes this.
  12. Freddd

Freddd Well-Known Member

There's no question that it costs something to be a member of the EU. As to whether it is value for money, though, that is a different question.

£9 billion is 3.2% of UK's current exports to the EU. If we can negotiate an arrangement which (after we've paid the £39 billion exit fee) preserves at least 96.9% of our current trading levels, then you are right: once the £39 billion is paid, leaving will be good value for money. If trade to the EU falls by 3.3% or more, then being in the EU is good value for money. Neither of us can see the future but I know what I would predict.

Dimi and TheJudeanPeoplesFront like this.
  13. Captainchaos.

Nigel farage looks like jimini cricket

JakartaToon likes this.
  14. Freddd

Freddd Well-Known Member

he really does

Captainchaos. likes this.
  15. TheJudeanPeoplesFront

TheJudeanPeoplesFront Well-Known Member

Yeah, what Freddd said. Unfortunately the leave vote was literally put together on the financially moronic assumption that we would exist on the same or similar trade deal despite backing out of Europe... oh look, we have all this extra cash! Lovely...

Oh wait. The pound has fallen through the floor, as of the present moment face a choice of no trade deal or paying through the nose for it (worse value for money), and the leave voters STILL refuse to see reason.

I mean, at every stage the leave voters have been told exactly what would happen, why it would happen etc, and the bullshit being peddled by Farage and Boris (who have since ****ed off) is still being touted as fact in large quarters.

It's an absolute mess, but there cannot be another referendum or a halt to Brexit because if there is, we will not simply go back as if nothing ever happened. We're like a playboy who ****ed over the perfect woman and is now going crawling back.

Also, and this is partially me being silly and angry, if we did have a referendum, and anybody did still vote to leave, I think we should send those people to Scoland, and then cut them adrift from England to float towards a few of the lefty Scandinavian countries. See how they like that.

16. TheJudeanPeoplesFront

TheJudeanPeoplesFront Well-Known Member

Also...

On Corbyn vs May...

I do not align to many Tory policies, but I will give May credit for trying to steer someway through the ****, because anybody except a bloody leave supporter would have had the foresight to know whichever PM presided over this would be ****ed anally by a huge hammerheaded dildo machine. She has done it with class and terrible granny dancing, and is far from the most unlikable **** to represent the middle class, a real feat for a Tory candidate.

It was obvious there would not only be friction and politicking from careerist opposition, but from within the Tory party itself. Politicians really are scum that don't represent the voting corpus, only their bigoted self interest.

This was a moment when all parties should have tried to work together, but no, this was far too good an opportunity to miss to beat up the opposition. It was inevitable, but still unpalatable.

**** anyone who has a go at Corbyn without actually knowing one of his policies though. Far too many of you ****s out there heard a mate down the pub saying he was a communist, and have jumped on the bandwagon. I can only hope he becomes PM at some point, just to watch your pathetic panic that to start growing your own turnips for fear of being sent to the Gulags.

17. Captainchaos.

Nearly as much as Jonny Nelson

18. Darren Peacock’s Ponytail

Darren Peacock’s Ponytail Well-Known Member

Hmmm.... another Mike Ashley sympathiser. HOPE!!

19. Captainchaos.

I need all the hope I can get I've quit my job just before Christmas

20. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

You drew me in with the dildo.

Comrade.