1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Match Chat

Discussion in 'Fulham' started by 2whitestripes, Oct 17, 2020.

1. Super Brian McBride

Super Brian McBride Well-Known Member

By all accounts Saturdays game against Blackburn is going to be a close game.
    Since we beat them at the beginning of November 7-0 they have only let in 9 goals.
    I'm expecting them to sit back and hit us on the break to snatch a goal, so we need to score early to open them up.

2whitestripes likes this.
  2. Surlyc

Surlyc Well-Known Member

Blackburn have struggled to score goals since Brereton-Diaz picked up an injury, so they will look to set up defensively and snatch a goal as you said. We'll need to be far more clinical than we have been against Huddersfield/Peterborough, but we have enough firepower to do that.

Who is next on our central midfield roulette? Seri and Cairney haven't played together yet, but this could well be a Chalobah/Seri game.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2022
  3. 2whitestripes

2whitestripes Well-Known Member

TC is still getting back to match fitness, a test before the game tomorrow awaits. Seri and Harrison for me, if TC doesn't come through.
    Kebano and Robinson are both fit following illness, and I will be surprised if they both don't start.
    A big, big game tomorrow, 12:30, and it's live!, on Sky.
    A win will put us in a very commanding position, hopefully that will be the outcome.

4. Fred's Cultured Left Foot

Blackburn today - got to be at least 7!!!

5. 2whitestripes

Two will do..
    Good 1st half, and a great win as our challengers lose points.

6. 2whitestripes

Swansea away this eve, ko 19:45.
    Sky have not included our game on the red button, so it's GJ on FFCTV commentary, unless there is a stream.
    The team has been announced and is unchanged from our win against Rovers, but TC is on the bench.
    This will be another tough game, the Swans play possession football and had more than ourselves at the Cottage, albeit we won 3-1.
    A good result tonight, and we will be a step further up the road to the EPL.

7. Fred's Cultured Left Foot

In the end another big win. We are so much more ruthless these days. 14 points clear - can't be bad!!

8. Fulham COYW

Fulham COYW Well-Known Member

Delighted for Neco Wiliams scoring his first and second goals for Fulham. He's becoming a great player. I hope we can buy him this summer.

9. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Just saw this reply - get over it pal. It's a wonder he didn't call for a lateral flow test to waste another 20 minutes.

Your guys were falling down all over the place with 10 minutes to go - we thought we had a sniper in the stands.

Nothing wrong with a bit of gamesmanship but don't give us the injured party bit. You're an excellent footballing side but you've got a lot to learn with regards auditioning for Casualty. You need to be more convincing in real time or you'll be asking the ref to call on makeup artist to give it some realism.

Never mind - enjoy yourself in the Prem next season. You'll deserve to be there from what I've seen - just stay there this time. <ok>

Fulham COYW likes this.
  10. 2whitestripes

A swap deal for Fabio??
    I wish...........

11. Surlyc

Surlyc Well-Known Member

He's certainly got a great eye for goal, not unlike the other Welshman playing in front of him.

Anyone else think that we need to exercise a little more squad rotation than just Neeskens? Our first XI is very good, but some of them are starting to look a little tired with the mounting number of games.

Fulham COYW likes this.
  12. 2whitestripes

A good question........................ just waiting to see if Marco agrees and changes, but I'm guessing not too much. Perhaps Kebano starts along with TC?
    Another tough game tonight, and very different from Barnsley (ridiculous penalty, and yet to see the EFL ban the culprit, as at Coventry). It will be physical, and WBA will have gain some needed confidence from their late scoring against Huddersfield. We will need to be at our very best to keep the away form, being so positive.

Team now announced, I'm wrong, in comes Chalobah for Seri, and Bobby keeps his place as Kebano isn't in tonight's squad.
    It's live on Sky for a 8pm ko.

13. 2whitestripes

Not a good game or result for us, we weren't at it for much of the game.
    I have watched Chalobah in the recent games he has featured, and I'm far from impressed. He has such a casual manner, which is of little value. When he was near any of our throw-ins, he didn't show any signs of interest, and at the 2nd half kick-off, he was talking to one of our defenders, not realizing the game had restarted. He also gave the ball away many times, albeit others did the same (Robinson for the goal). We therefore lost the midfield battle, protecting our defence and moving the ball to our forwards. Seri would be a better choice from now on.

As Surlyc said last eve, we look tired, and last night was proof of that.

14. Super Brian McBride

Let's hope we can get back on track against QPR and take a point or 3.

15. 2whitestripes

We need to be quick and error free today to get a result, so no Chalobah then.
    Bragging rights and more importantly a step closer to the winning line.
    You all know who, where and when, I'll be listening into Gentleman Jim and Jamie Reid .........

Super Brian McBride likes this.
  16. Fred's Cultured Left Foot

15 minutes in Mitro again.

17. 2whitestripes

18. Super Brian McBride

Another 3 points and step closer to going up automatically <cheers>
    another 6-9 points should do it.

19. Fulham COYW

Fulham COYW Well-Known Member

All looking good. I went yesterday, good comfortable performance and good atmosphere. Johansson got a good reception and nice that he gave us a clap of appreciation as he was subbed.

20. 2whitestripes

Middlesbrough at the Riverside Stadium tonight, 7:45pm and live on Sky.
    They are in good form, especially at home, so this will need us at our very best to get a positive result.
    A win would leave only a couple of teams being able to stop out promotion, mathematically anyway.
    With no reported injuries, I see the only change would be Robinson coming in for Bryan, perhaps BDR replaced by Kebano.
    A long trip for our supporters, hopefully a return journey in good spirits..........