1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Match Chat

Discussion in 'Fulham' started by 2whitestripes, Oct 17, 2020.

1. Fred's Cultured Left Foot

Strong team again - looking very settled

2. 2whitestripes

2whitestripes Well-Known Member

Millwall being very physical, but Mitro has us one up at HT .

3. 2whitestripes

3-0, Brilliant

4. Fulham COYW

Fulham COYW Well-Known Member

Just back, (via the pub) Good result which is the main thing but I thought we looked a bit tired or at least could step up a gear. Against better opposition we might have struggled. Millwall played better than when I last saw them but could have played all night and were never going to score.

Seems a bit odd to be slightly critical after a 3 nil win but I suppose it shows have far we have come this season. We can play some fantastic football at times and it is an absolute joy to watch.

2whitestripes likes this.
  5. Fred's Cultured Left Foot

Another good win. And clean sheet which is always worth seeing. The best bit was the tribute to the fan who died at the Blackpool game. We truly follow a fantastic club with all the right values.

6. 2whitestripes

Hui 0 FFC 0 at HT.
    We're not at our best so far, in miserable weather.

7. Surlyc

Surlyc Well-Known Member

3 points is 3 points, especially with Quina doing us a favour at Barnsley. 11 points clear of 3rd with a game in hand and 12 points clear of 4th.

We just need to keep banking these wins, as our run-in has so many away games at playoff contenders.

8. 2whitestripes

Listening to GJ today, we ground out a win, which is what is needed.
    Great result.
    <party>

9. Fred's Cultured Left Foot

These are the sort of games it's important to win. The ground out points are the ones that make the difference. We have been spoilt this season and we half expect to win every game by loads of goals, so yesterday's result is a good one.

10. Fulham COYW

Fulham COYW Well-Known Member

Cav has been playing well and it seems that the transfer hysteria has affected his game. I'd love him to stay but I'm resigned to the fact that he will probably go this summer. Obviously the transfer didn't go through so there's still a chance he might have a chance of heart and he seems to be loving the manager.

I saw a comment by Surlyc on the BBC website the other week, has to be our Surlyc surely. You felt he should not play again for Fulham if he signed for Liverpool in that January transfer window. Fair point, was it a heat of the moment comment and how do you feel now ? For me I'd have been happy for him to play either way. It's amazing how he has not only broken through into the first team but how he is now a very key player for us in such a short space of time.

11. 2whitestripes

Yesterday's result was more to do with the ref's imagination than what actually happened on the pitch.
    Nothing else to say............

12. Super Brian McBride

Super Brian McBride Well-Known Member

You wouldn't believe that Tony Harrington also was the Ref when we beat Reading 7-0.
    I thought the arssistant referee on the Johnny Haynes Side was well biased, normally they get 1 or 2 things wrong but he got 8 or 9 wrong and kept shaking his head at the crowds comments, something about his guide dog being left in the changing room.

We always give teams chances to score but we weren't as clinical in front of goal for this game.
    Need to be more clinical against Peterboro' on Wednesday who's manager Son o' Ferguson has just resigned.

13. 2whitestripes

Back in action again tonight, Peterborough at the Cottage, ko 19:45 and live on sky's red button.
    A good, convincing win is needed, following the disappointment of playing a 12-man Huddersfield........
    I would like Kebano and Harrison starting, otherwise as was.

14. Super Brian McBride

Good 3 points to get against Posh who's keeper was in inspirational form, but it's all about getting wins.
    Mitro breaks Ivan Toney's record and now goes after Whittingham's 42.

15. 2whitestripes

Another tough game this afternoon, Cardiff away at 3pm, GJ commentary on FFCTV.
    Cardiff is a direct, physical side, and we will need to match that, and play our football on the grass.
    I see Harrison starting, Tom is out with an illness. Oh, and Mitro to get a goal or two.........
    Let's hope so.

Super Brian McBride likes this.
  16. Super Brian McBride

A good gritty win for the 3 points and another nervous last 10 minutes because we failed to get the second.

17. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Your Oscar nominations have gone in. <ok>

18. BluefromBridgend

BluefromBridgend Well-Known Member

They won in every category.

19. Surlyc

Surlyc Well-Known Member

I'd possibly take this banter in better spirits if Ng hadn't elbowed Cavaleiro in the head. Disgusting 'play'.

20. Surlyc

Surlyc Well-Known Member

Sorry, I missed this post! The danger of using a common handle.

As long as Fabio is with us I want him to play and to develop and I've been impressed by his play since the transfer window and by his maturity. However I do think that once he leaves, then he's left - I don't want to develop another teams player if there's no chance of that player staying at the end of the loan. He's still our player for now though and there's no hard feelings from me.

I felt very strongly that leaving in January was the wrong move for Fabio, even if we got an extra million for him. I think the right move for him would also be to stay with us next season and play 38 games in the PL, but I sadly don't think that will happen (and Fabio is so good, maybe he should jump immediately). He'll have his pick of teams in the summer now, and he deserves his chance. Whatever happens, I'll most likely always follow his career once he leaves. He's one of our own, even if he might grow too big for the pond.