1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Legal Help?

Discussion in 'The Premier League' started by luvgonzo, Aug 7, 2018.

1. Big Ern

Big Ern Lord, Master, Guru & Emperor

well, you've spoken to the store manager (though always get it in writing), so if you get another letter from the parking company it's time to write a letter/email to someone high up in Lidl, telling them how appalled and disgusted you are with the draconian way a regular customer, who has over stayed by 3 mins, is treated and maybe hint that unless there is a satisfactory outcome the local press may get involved. Play it right and you may get something out of it.
    But always use the truth, just omit the uncomfortable bits rather than lie.

HRH Custard VC likes this.
  2. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

I'll see how I feel about the next letter, I'm also contacting the DVLA to discuss the release of my personal information to a 3rd party.

3. Big Ern

They are allowed to if the car-park company is affiliated with either of the two bodies that were set up by the car-parking companies. That was done a few years ago for the express reason that they could then legally penalise people.
    This is why it is no longer a good idea to ignore them, they got their act together.

4. aberdude

aberdude Well-Known Member

sheeple hey......bend over and say thank you

5. Big Ern

yeah, I guess it's a conspiracy by the lizard people.
    please log in to view this image

6. aberdude

aberdude Well-Known Member

you guess a lot dude.......are you wogan in disguise

7. johnsonsbaby

johnsonsbaby Well-Known Member

You won't get any joy. This is from their current 'Release of Information' booklet. -

Properly managed data release and our support for law enforcement helps control the costs of motoring, reduces vehicle related crime and benefits the motorists and the environment. Information can be released to:

• Local authorities for on-road parking enforcement, and dealing with abandoned and nuisance vehicles.

• Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA) to improve the roadworthiness standards of vehicles through MOT certification and ensure the compliance of vehicle operators and drivers.

• Motor manufacturers to issue vehicle safety recall notices and remove potentially dangerous vehicles from use.

• Transport for London for the enforcement of congestion charging, which aims to reduce vehicle numbers and emissions in the city centre.

• Insurance companies to pursue claims following accidents, to investigate fraud and to trace uninsured motorists.

Landowners or their agents who offer car parking facilities under specific terms and conditions to contact drivers who may have parked their vehicle in breach of the parking conditions.

• Trespass companies who issue charge notices where parking is not permitted.

It's shocking that they are allowed to release your name and address to 3rd parties which could include any individual btw claiming 'reasonable cause' for instance, that you damaged their car.

Page_Moss_Kopite and luvgonzo like this.
  8. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

Thanks mate.

johnsonsbaby likes this.
  9. brb

brb CR250

My advise would be to pay it.

You will get lots of advice not to, but Lidl like Aldi car parks clearly sign their land and strictly enforce anything outside of the timings displayed/allowed. This includes parking on their land when the supermarkets are closed ie Sundays before 10am and after 4pm and risks immediate issue of a ticket.

The ticket will go into hundreds of pounds if you do not pay it and could affect your credit rating in the long term.

Pay it and take the lesson away. If you want to challenge it fair enough but whatever you do, DO NOT ignore it and keep within the appeal process times.

Most their car parks have VNPR which registers when you enter and leave their land, I believe motorway service areas use the same methods. Their bastards but a lot of the cheaper supermarkets are built within restricted land space which affects the number of parking spaces available for their customers, this is measured and built in to planning permissions and indirectly the local authorities accept the supermarkets doing this as a method of controlling the limited spaces they have.

luvgonzo likes this.
  10. Big Ern

no no, you go to Lidl first, they are the people with the power, and as he shopped there on that day, and he shops there frequently, they'll drop it, as it's their land and it isn't worth losing a customer who probably gives them more in profit than the £90 fine. And it certainly isn't worth the bad publicity, local rags love this kind of story.

11. brb

brb CR250

Depends if he can prove he was in there for over 2 hours and has a till receipt to substantiate that length of time. My guess is he dosent and Lidl will not care about the bad publicity aa it sends a message, don't steal our car parking spaces.

12. johnsonsbaby

If there are notices up warning how long you can stay for free and what the penalty is if you overstay and you overstayed then you've been caught fair and square. The parking company must be one of the only two who are affiliated with the govt. [British Parking Association - BPA or Independent Parking Committee - IPC] and therefore allowed to get your details from the DVLA. There are lots of rogue parking companies who will put a ticket on your windscreen, don't ever reply to them as doing so gives them your name and address which they didn't have until you wrote to them.

If you don't want to pay the fine that's up to you, they are unlikely to pursue it but they may just pick you as one they will take to court. I found this -

Private companies can issue parking tickets and may call them Parking Charge Notices, but they are not the same as the Penalty Charge Notice. They are not backed up by law. Instead, they are invoices for a breach of contract.

If the car park operator wants to force you to pay, they will need to take you to the civil court, which is costly and time-consuming. If the car park operator takes you to court and wins, you then have pay the costs in addition to the original charge. If you lose and still refuse to pay, you could find the judgment going on to your credit file and damaging your chances of borrowing or taking out contracts, such as for mobile phones. - https://www.saga.co.uk/magazine/motoring/cars/using/2016/parking-fines-on-private-land

If you want to take a chance and hold out to see if they send a reminder notice, then do that. If they don't send any further notices then you've got away with it.

luvgonzo likes this.
  13. DUNCAN DONUTS

DUNCAN DONUTS SOCIAL JUSTICE WARRIOR

And you were too cheap to play by the rules.

I hope you had a big argument on the way home too ****o. <laugh>

brb likes this.
  14. DUNCAN DONUTS

DUNCAN DONUTS SOCIAL JUSTICE WARRIOR

The only way you can avoid paying it is by selling the car.

15. brb

brb CR250

The lazy cheap skate thought he could buck the system and now it's cost him 90 notes <laugh>

DUNCAN DONUTS likes this.
  16. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

Pricks.

brb and DUNCAN DONUTS like this.
  17. johnsonsbaby

Just going back to the OP this doesn't involve credit so refusing to pay or ignoring the warning won't affect your credit rating. The only way it could would be if you were taken to court, ordered to pay and refused.

luvgonzo likes this.
  18. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

That was what I was most concerned about, we've decided to appeal other than ignore.

johnsonsbaby likes this.
  19. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

Have a google for their own terms of reference, as well as those from any car park operators association they're members of, and try to find parts of it they didn't comply with. <ok>

EDIT.

I just read that back, and realised I slipped up and posted a sensible reply, so I thought I'd best add 'and next time don't be such a tight ****/smart arse'

20. johnsonsbaby

Check this out for excellent advice -https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/private-parking-tickets/ - scroll down to 'How to appeal if the parking firm IS part of a trade body' 3. The appeals approach - do it 'by the book'. There's a template letter you can download to use when you appeal.