1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

KLD on TalkSport

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Southern A, May 26, 2021.

1. Southern A

Southern A Well-Known Member

Apparently...

Smug in Boots likes this.
  2. Blond Bombshell

Blond Bombshell Well-Known Member

Great, finish work 4.30 and will still have time to pop to the offie <laugh>

Smug in Boots and sheepman like this.
  3. DAPARKERSAFC

DAPARKERSAFC Well-Known Member

Another article released this morning saying Johnson could be sacked. Can't see it myself but this interview should put it to bed.

Smug in Boots likes this.
  4. Southern A

he is on in next 2 mins

5. Southern A

just confirmed LJ is staying

6. Southern A

this will go down well. Personally I think he is passive-aggressively publicly reminding Donald he needs to contribute or he's gone

7. young2077

young2077 Well-Known Member

Knew it was papers putting two and two together.

He needs a full season with his own players. I am 50:50 cause he started half way through and at least he got us into play off and looking up the table, looked more like relegation threatened season under Parky.

However, to not really push all the way for automatic due to a drop off in form in the final games is worrying.

Guy Incognito, Nads and Random lad like this.
  8. Random lad

Random lad Well-Known Member

Big mistake sticking with this bloke

Paperback Ruiter likes this.
  9. Southern A

Positives
    • Spoke well
    • His message about LJ being a long term appointment, whether all fans agree he's the right long term appointment or not, was encouraging
    • He re-insisted his long term commitment
    • He still comes across as thoughtful and passionate to do things right.

Slight Concerns
    • Not sure why he feels the need to be doing public interviews. We've been there done that. Stick to the SAFC Unflitered stuff which is great
    • If he's going to do public interviews - why to Jim White on TalkSport - seeing Jim's relationship with Donald is well founded
    • The reference to the ownership group. My optimistic hope was his way of reminding everybody (and therefore them) that they need to contribute. But it could easily be negatively spun, especially considering the other 2 bullets above, that they're more involved than we all hoped.

10. C19RK73

C19RK73 Red & White army!

@markdonnelly
    Kyril Louis-Dreyfus speaking on talkSPORT this morning: 'I was quite disappointed obviously that this season didn't finish as we expected. However, I do see a lot of positive and I'm looking forward to next season.'

@markdonnelly
    Kyril Louis-Dreyfus confirms that Lee Johnson is STAYING as Sunderland manager.

Says he was a 'long-term' appointment.

@markdonnelly
    KLD: 'I'm definitely here for the long-term and hopefully there's a lot of good things to come.'

@markdonnelly
    KLD: 'I'm not the sole owner of the club. There's an ownership group consisting of more than me. As an ownership group everyone is committed to supporting the club.'

@markdonnelly
    KLD: 'Over the last few months we recruited a lot of people from across the industry. I trust that we have a good team in place to look for replacements.'

BackO'TheNet and Nads like this.

11. clockstander

clockstander Well-Known Member

Great to hear, what a difference KLD has made already, every supporter should give him nothing but full support.
    Mistake maybe, but with the set up now at the club it looks like he could be replaced without the usual disruption. For now it seems we have to give him a chance, he will never get a better one, and if he does not improve I'm sure he will go, there's too much at stake to stick with an incompetent coach imo..

12. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

I fully back the new regime and trust them to make the call on Johnson if it’s required.

Let’s see how recruitment goes and how he works with a core of his own players, I have zero issue with him staying as it stands.

13. Essayyeffcee

Essayyeffcee Well-Known Member

Thought KLD spoke very well, gave nothing away apart from he was here for the long term. I was glad that he didn't go for the supporter sound bites that the previous incumbents liked to spout such as we've got the biggest budget and we're gonna do this that and the other! He didn't promise anything that could bite him on the arse later down the line and kept it low key. This guy and his family can only be a good thing for the club

14. Blyth_bucaneer

Blyth_bucaneer Well-Known Member

Missed it.........just heard a droning voice spattered between Wickes and screwfix adverts.

C19RK73 likes this.
  15. Dave_39

Dave_39 Well-Known Member

the players bottled it for 3 managers lets see what he can do with his own players willing to give him a chance here

16. Nig

Nig Well-Known Member

I'd of been more worried if Johnson had of been sacked tbh.
    After only 5 months in the job he won a Wembley final and very nearly dragged us up when we looked a mid table team before he took over.
    Sacking him now would of shown weakness and panic.
    He'll get the benefit of a proper transfer window now and can be judged better then.

Nordic, butcher58, young2077 and 23 others like this.
  17. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

This is it. There’s a massive overhaul happening and the new guys will absolutely be the kind to look at personality and character.

We’ve ****ed that goose for 12 years.

The Norton Cat likes this.
  18. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

Glad that Johnson's staying, from the start he was frantically polishing a turd and eventually he just ran out of polish. He did a great job turning round the mess that Parky left and he deserves a chance to show what he can do with his own players. Seems like a very good man manager to me.

I'm not going to forget that he won us silverware too. It was a great feeling.

19. Dorset

Dorset Well-Known Member

100% this

The Norton Cat likes this.
  20. Prehab26

Prehab26 Well-Known Member

Jury is out on Johnson for me. Massively. He crumbled in the run in and showed relegation form. Didn't react to Appleton changes in the second half either.

That said, KLD promised him that he would get this season to have a full run at it. True to his word, he is giving him it.

Big call. Let's hope, with Johnson getting his own players in, we can find some consistency.