1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

January Window Rumours

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by Doc, Nov 5, 2018.

1. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Thought it would be wise to put all the rumors in 1 place as its going to be busy with media speculation over the next few weeks.

It seems Leeds Utd have had someone over in Greece again this weekend because there are now 2 players that Bielsa likes, both strikers. Prijavic for PAOK has scored 6 league goals in 9 games and his team are top of the league. Prijavic is prolific and scored 27 last season 22 the season before, and so far this season has scored a total of 12 goals from 18 league and cup games. We know that Orta has spoken to his club on at least 2 occasions and Prijavic indicated he would love to join Leeds.

AEK Athens have a p-layer on loan from Roma called Ezequiel Ponce who is 21 years old and supposed to be the next Batistuta. Bielsa had him has a teen at Lille. Roma love the kid but have had him out on loan for the last 3 seasons, but he was watched yesterday and the kid has scored 5 goals from 9 in the Greek Super league so just behind Prijavic. He also started at Bielsa's club Newells Old Boys. Story with legs?

The 3rd striker we are supposed to be chasing is Mbaye Diagne and this has been a story since the Summer, but if its still a thing I'm not sure as its all gone quiet. He has so far scored 11 goals from 11 games in the Turkish Super league this season and scored 22 from 26 last season for his team Kasimpasa. Hes from Senegal.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2018
  2. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

3. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

4. Eric Le Merde

Eric Le Merde Well-Known Member

Actually I'm more concerned about leavers. We are doing fine this year with some good performances Roofe, Phillips, Klich, Cooper and Jansson and I can imagine that some of the underachievers in the premiership will be casting their eyes over our squad.

5. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

If we’re still sitting top and have Bielsa in charge surely they’d be mad to leave? If it was money well spent and invested back on a Bielsa target I wouldn’t be worried if we cashed in on Saiz, I never thought I’d be saying that at the start of January. Saiz isn’t going to cut the grade in the Premier League if we get there and with Izzy Brown possibly fit to cover the Role in January it might be a good time to bring in a more pressing position.

Bamfords injury proneness concerns me too, really wish we could get a refund on him.

Farsleyexile likes this.
  6. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

I agree on Saiz now and I too never thought I'd say that. Bielsa needs to sort him or move him on. cant wait to get bamford and Brown going again as that will be key to final league positions.

YEP have today said that 3 La Liga clubs are chasing Bielsas target Ibai Gomez but the thing in favor of leeds is that Gomez hasn't played outside Catalonia before and has played for Bielsa?

YEP also say that the club sent someone to watch Ponce in Greece which backs up my post of yesterday

YEP also say that Mbaye Diagne is also been watched by Wolves as well as Leeds, but I read somewhere yesterday that the player has told his club he doesnt want to leave until the end of the season and hes not sure if he wants Spain, UK, France or Holland, so I suspect this is why we are back in greece looking at Ponce and Prijavic

The story from last week about Brentford's Lewis Macleod is on again but 3 Championship clubs chasing him but Leeds supposed to be interested? Not sure he came on my radar from our recent game with the bees

ristac likes this.
  7. Eric Le Merde

Eric Le Merde Well-Known Member

Understand the point about Saiz but I would prefer not to mess with things until May, team togetherness/ understanding. I am not looking forward to the jan window this year as it has the potential to upset a winning team but last year I was looking forward to it as we needed to improve.

ristac likes this.
  8. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Another name that crops up is Ali Reghba and I have now seen it 3 times so thought I would mention it. He's playing in Ireland at the moment and Leeds are checking on a loan deal with a view to buy? he plays for the bohemians so maybe one of our lads will know more about him. Another striker

9. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Funny enough I was thinking apart from more depth in defence who could we sign in January to improve us, which player would I drop assuming we had a fully fit squad? I couldn’t justify dropping anyone

10. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

11. Infidel

Infidel Well-Known Member

Let’s have action not rumours, we were found out last weekend and we need to strengthen, CH, Cooper is not good enough, CF as Roofe also is not an out an out striker

12. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Bielsa has sent scouts into Portugal and so far they have watched Porto play twice and Benfica once. This is an indication that we will see additions in January unless this is ready for next season. That however makes no sense until we know which league we'll be playing in.

So last week Portugal for the top clubs matches and the week before in Greece to watch the top 2 clubs.....

FORZA LEEDS likes this.
  13. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Pontus pulls out of Sweden squad with a foot injury, which I reckon was the twisted ankle he got on Saturday. No indication of how bad or how long yet, but I reckon he'll be fit enough for the next one

Alioski never showed up for training with his national team, so another injury or ?

14. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

One of the players Leeds were scouting in Portugal was the ex Arsenal kid Willocks. Apparently we tried to buy him in the Summer. This could be a newspaper made up story by putting 2 and 2 together because we were in Portugal and mainly Porto and Benfica with Willock a Benfica player?

15. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Media are going big on young Willocks from Benfica B and one paper going as far as saying a deal has almost been agreed?

I have serious doubts about this as the Leeds scouts took in only 1 Benfica first team match and 2 Porto first team matches. This means they were sent to look at a player from one of those clubs. Yes they may have had a look at a B league match to look at Willocks but if he cant get in Benfica's first team what can he add to our promotion push?

16. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Can only be rumours until the window opens ;)

17. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Another one now on day 3 in different media outlets is Daniel James the flying Swansea winger who seems to be ignored and apparently Bielsa wants him? pinch of salt as we all know how agents work. They can create a story simply because they are due to negotiate a new contract for the player?

ristac and bucks_is_leeds like this.
  18. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Day 2 of this story but now in 3 different outlets. Cardiff and Kadeem Harris in fall out (easy done with Warnock) Bielsa has watched dvd's of him and has sent scouts?

19. FORZA LEEDS

FORZA LEEDS Well-Known Member

Very good player, ran the show when Cardiff won last weekend

ristac, Eric Le Merde and Doc like this.
  20. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Latest story is Sunderlands Josh Maja who has scored 10 so far this season?

bucks_is_leeds likes this.