1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

January Window Rumours

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by Doc, Nov 5, 2018.

1. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Back on goalkeeping duty and a strange one because we have been knocked back by Newcastle on their 3rd choice keeper but it seems a move for Karl darlow their out of favor No2 and former No1 is a goer now and a substantial bid has been tabled?

2. Gessa

Gessa Well-Known Member

According to Birmingham Live, we're in a £4M battle with Villa for his signature.

3. Leedsoflondon

Leedsoflondon Well-Known Member

Not sure I believe that, well certainly not for that fee.

4. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

This was mentioned in my post of 3rd December on page 2 of this thread. Not sure on facts but seems to have legs

bucks_is_leeds likes this.
  5. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

More stories this weekend on Gomez

ristac and FORZA LEEDS like this.
  6. esteponawhite

esteponawhite Well-Known Member

Doc,I was reading the spanish press this morning,seems he's very close to signing for athletic Bilbao,
    With us and leicester also interested,he has a buyout clause of 10m€

7. Whitejock

Whitejock Well-Known Member

I'm assuming he'll be too old &/or too expensive for us. Would be delighted to get a surprise.

8. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

My understanding is he had a €10m buyout clause but contract runs down and he walks in the Summer. Alavez last chance to cash in is a knockdown buy this January window. €4m is the price I heard but could be less?

9. esteponawhite

esteponawhite Well-Known Member

Yeah that's what I read,bilbao being very much favorites though,he does have history with bielsa so you never know.
    Him and llorente would be ideal.

Doc likes this.
  10. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

SO the Newcastle soap opera is nearing an end as firstly we went for Woodman the England U21 keeper who is the No3 at Newcastle, but the barcodes said no he is now our No2. This was news to Karl Darlow has been No1but Now 2 but got injured so relegated to 3 and available for Leeds. I dont think Darlow is good enough but will be led by Bielsa.

Whilst this is going on news in Southampton is that we are in talks with Saints and Frazer Forster the England keeper has been knocked down the pecking order by the new Austrian coach. I like Forster I hope it happens

bucks_is_leeds and Farsleyexile like this.

11. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Forster for me too out of those rumoured so far

12. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

I have left this one alone simply because its not for me and maybe just a bit of paper talk. However it seems to gotten legs so in fairness I need to put in this thread. Huddersfield have hardly used Rajiv Van La Parra all season, even though he was a big part of their promotion team, but Wagner doesn't think he's good enough. If stories are true it would mean we are in talks with udders to sign him and it now seems Boro and at least one other Championship club are chasing him. For me he isn't good enough for the Prem and that's what we should be looking for. A loan maybe but he needs to be better than what we have and i wonder?

13. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Leeds attacker Pawel Cibicki is ‘very close’ to a return to Sweden, according to Scandinavian outlet Aftonbladet.

Cibicki, who returned from his loan to Norwegian side Molde, earlier this month when their season finished, is homing in on a return to Sweden with Elfsborg.

14. leeds60

leeds60 Well-Known Member

Westwood on a free for me

15. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Getting close to the window opening now as we’re on 27th December. The media stories doing the rounds are still a keeper a winger and a striker. A new name for the gloves has appeared yesterday and today:

Fabri the Spanish keeper who Fulham payed £7.5m in the Summer has only played 3 times for the Cottagers and Ranieri doesnt like a keeper to play the ball out with his feet.... this one looks like gaining momentum so lets see.

The winger spoken about is a player mentioned in previous posts on here Jermain Lens the Dutch International winger who can play on either flank or as a striker. Having a great season with Besitktas but failed when last in the UK at Sunderland.

The striker is also a player mentioned a few times on here being Boun Baghdad the Al-Saad striker who is on fire, but this striker will cost at least £10m and is wanted by Marselle, Olympiacos, 3 Spanish teams due to Xavi and maybe Leeds

16. wasper

wasper Active Member

Brentford striker Maupey will be a good addition.

Doc likes this.
  17. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

The Huddersfield player Van La Perra is on Teeside right now having a medical, so obviously Pullis fancies him

18. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

According to BbC Humberside we have offered cash for Jarod Bowen from Hull, so if legs in this story we will deffo here more by Saturday. 6 goals and loads of assists this season and top player last season too. 22 year old with a big future

wasper likes this.
  19. Whitejock

Whitejock Well-Known Member

Never heard of him. And yet, according to the BBC, he's scored 8 with 3 assists. https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/hull-city/top-scorers

Hmm. He's only scored every 251 minutes. That's about 1 every 3 games. Roofie, Bampot, Roberts & Pablo are way ahead of him - & Pablo's MF!

An improvement? Don't see it myself.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2018
  20. Leedsoflondon

Leedsoflondon Well-Known Member

You have not factored in the Bielsa effect to your stats <cheers>

wasper likes this.