1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

JANUARY TRANSFERS

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by DragonPhilljack, Dec 28, 2017.

1. Kwame B

Kwame B Well-Known Member

Defender currently at FC Augsberg, heard a few rumours back in December, but apparently there was also interest froma couple of other Premier League clubs

ValleyGraduate12 likes this.
  2. MasterOfNone

MasterOfNone Active Member

Given there was talk about Man City sniffing around Rodon in our U23s I wouldn’t be worried about cover. These kids need to come good at some point

Bob the slob likes this.
  3. 55282

55282 Well-Known Member

All the monies spent on training and academy facilities and no one of quality coming through.
    We had better quality when we trained at Ashleigh Road.

4. Nosugarman1

Nosugarman1 Well-Known Member

It was interesting to hear Pep say in an interview this week something I have thought for a long time. That is that the gap is too big between the under 23's and the PL . He says that the La Liga teams have a second team in the Spanish Segunda league. Years ago we had our reserve team in the Combination but pulled out for financial reasons and ran the reserve team in the Welsh League instead. The poorer standard between the two was noticeable whenever a youngster played for the first team and had a detrimental effect on them. The only answer I see is to give some of our promising youngsters and there are some, a 20 minute runout as a sub in the first team although unfortunately our PL position may not allow this. I don't see that sending out our youngsters on loan is of benefit to them unless they get guaranteed a minimum amount of game time.

Bob the slob likes this.
  5. Bob the slob

Bob the slob Well-Known Member

Portugal do the same but only a few teams are involved.
    Given the money involved teams will not risk youngsters if relegation threatens.
    IMO this is where we were really stupid in loaning in two young development players and taking the risk for other teams. Clement took a lot of credit for both of these ad should shoulder a lot of the burden. Abraham I can sort of understand but Sanches was a massive gamble that has backfired spectacularly.

6. Bob the slob

7. Nosugarman1

Clement didn't want to start them earlier in the season because it would have put too much pressure on them. His wrong decision means there's even more pressure on them now.

8. trundles left foot

trundles left foot Well-Known Member

9. Bob the slob

Javier Hernandez on the move from WHU. Although he's not done much for them I'd prefer him to Ayew.
    Any thoughts?

Also I thought we had reached our loan limit but does the 2 player rule only to loans from othe EPL clubs?

10. Nosugarman1

£115,000 a week at West Ham . I don't think so.

11. When Swans are flying

When Swans are flying Well-Known Member

Just over a third of the month gone & what a surprise, no sign of any transfers yet. We needed reinforcements 01/01/18, sorry 12/08/17, but hey-ho, Huw knows what he's doing..

Is this £30m+ summer surplus really available, because we're seeing no evidence...

12. Bob the slob

I'm getting cheesed off but not surprised about the transfer situation (or lack of) but Carvahal is keeping me entertained.

"When asked about transfer news at his press conference ahead of Saturday’s trip to Newcastle, Carvalhal said:

“The boat is on the sea, but the fish didn’t bite the hook so far.
    “When the boat is on the sea, it depends if there is a storm, if the fish are sleeping or not and if they really want to come to the boat or not.

“We are in the process, but I don’t know yet what will happen.”

When asked whether any deals could be an imminent, Carvalhal added with a smile: “I am not on the boat! I am on the beach, so I can’t see the fish.

“We will try to bring in the best quality players possible. I don’t want to talk about how many, but the most important thing is to bring in quality players who can help the players we already have here.

“They are doing so well, with good attitude and commitment, but they need help, with some quality players who can help us go up a level."

please log in to view this image

13. 55282

55282 Well-Known Member

Fishermans Tale

14. FrankfurterBlue

FrankfurterBlue Well-Known Member

Makes a change from seagulls, I suppose!!!!
    ON a more serious note, HJ said in that recent interview that you had to always sell before buying and that was always why he is always late in the window. But the yanks guarantee on the overdraft should have sorted that issue out.....which is why he brought them in. But still the slow window?

15. Bob the slob

He has also said the profit from Summer sales would be available in January.
    Sell Mawson early and add that to the Summer money for a decent war chest.

Stumpy likes this.
  16. trundles left foot

Did anyone actually believe we would do much if any business yet alone do it early. That lot are just full of bullshit. They said after our near miss last season that they wouldn't allow that to happen again and to be fair they have kept there word, because we actually made a few signings and stayed up last season and this year hardly anything of any use signings wise and poised for relegation.

Stumpy and ValleyGraduate12 like this.
  17. Taffvalerowdy

Taffvalerowdy Well-Known Member

Carlos on transfers: "The boat is on the sea and the bait is on the hook. I am not on the boat, I am on the beach watching. They are players I want; they have to be the players a manager wants.”

Does this indicate that he is not prepared to take Huw's suggestions?

18. trundles left foot

Now that would be a novel idea for Swansea City

19. Taffvalerowdy

Taffvalerowdy Well-Known Member

We can but hope!

20. ValleyGraduate12

ValleyGraduate12 Aberdude's Puppet
    Forum Moderator

If they won't spend to stay in the PL, there's no way they'll spend heavily in the championship.