1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

JANUARY TRANSFERS

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by DragonPhilljack, Dec 28, 2017.

1. Bob the slob

Bob the slob Well-Known Member

Gomis a joke who has scored 34 league goals in 47 games (7 assists) in two good leagues ... hilarious!

2. Kwame B

Kwame B Well-Known Member

Do they not have the off-side rule in the Turkish Super Lig!

3. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

They would not be valued at what they are if they never earned it.......Every player is overvalued due to greed today imo anyway and while players are being valued at £140 +m at the top then teams like us end up paying over the odds......Baston should not be out on loan, He should be heading our front line and not playing for another team.....

4. Taffvalerowdy

Taffvalerowdy Well-Known Member

So Borja is as prolific as Wilf?

Guess Monty will play more when it's warmer!

5. ValleyGraduate12

ValleyGraduate12 Aberdude's Puppet
    Forum Moderator

So, you think Gomis was effective leading the line for us? The only thing he did for us was kill every attack because he was offside, and then kept laughing about it.

P.S. Turkish and French leagues, bar 4-5 clubs are no better than top 6 in championship.

6. Bob the slob

Maybe if we'd had a midfield that didn't need to look up three times and take four touches before passing he'd have been on side.

I don't buy the foreign leagues are weaker than our second tier arguments., especially France's Ligue 1.

Let's face it Swans fans are never satisfied.
    Llorente was useless
    Bafe was lazy
    Bony was lazy
    Michu wasn't interested
    Graham was a boozing gambler
    Scotland was lazy
    (Am I seeing a pattern here?)

swanseaandproud likes this.
  7. ValleyGraduate12

Forum Moderator

Don't remember people calling Llorente useless or Bony lazy.

Gomis was however, crap. No hunger or desire for us.

DragonPhilljack likes this.
  8. keith gatebroth

keith gatebroth Well-Known Member

It’s frustrating times for Swans fans as the clock ticks down through the transfer window with no signings, just speculation on moves out for our only half decent players.
    We shouldn’t be surprised as it follows the usual pattern. Plenty of names mentioned, then other clubs become interested and whoops, another player lost, as the indecisive DOF dithers along, until we come right to the end of the window and we sign the inferior cheap as chips left overs that nobody else wants.
    If the Board are serious about saving our PL status then they should be urgently proactive in trying to bolster the squad, but the silence from the club is deafening, and it looks as if our only hope is that CC can work a miracle with the players we’ve got. If not then it’s down the chute we go.

9. trundles left foot

trundles left foot Well-Known Member

Or could it be the defending was better in the PL. quite often players are not suited to certain leagues, where as the pl may not have the quality of top la ligue sides, what it does have is a much more pacey game and it simply didn't suit Gomis. So I can see why he could score goals in a league that is slower paced and of a lesser quality to the top leagues. But do have to say I do agree with Valley in that I don't rate either of those leagues, compared to the PL, German Spanish or German leagues, now if he was doing it in one of those I would go more with your argument.

10. Bob the slob

If you take a look at the European competitions our sides (tbf Leicester bucked the trend) find their level against European sides from the four major countries playing at about the same level within their leagues.
    Watching the Bundesliga is no different to Ligue1 or EPL - a few outstanding teams but then the rest of the teams from most European countries are of similar standard. A decent Turkish team, French ten etc will do as well against a decent EPL team as amy others.
    TBH I think we sold the whole EPL being great league because of the frenetic nature of the games. Exciting but is the quality really there?

DragonPhilljack likes this.

11. trundles left foot

whilst I in no way believe that the PL is the best, many good players just can not cope with the pace of it and that is why I believe good players fail here but work elsewhere, I just don't believe that about the decent Turkish teams, don't see them qualifying or doing much in the Europa league, where as you do with clubs from the so called big 4 leagues. The French league always has one good side, but they tend to share it about between Monaco, Lyon and now PSG with the money that has gone there.

It is about opinions and I suppoise mine differs from yours.

12. 55282

55282 Well-Known Member

13. Bob the slob

With talk about bids for Mawson does anyone else think we should look to sell him now for a decent fee (£25 million) and put that money into buying a quality (ish) striker or creative midfielder.
    I can see he same situation arising as happened in the Summer with Llorente and Siggy leaving so late we couldn't have brought anyone in even if we'd wanted.

14. trundles left foot

I thinkit would be worth selling him and replacing him and a tidy striker for what they are quoting.

15. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

Matthew Bound Still Lurks Well-Known Member

Yes I do, perhaps you should move to another part of the ground

16. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

Your spot on Bob <ok> ..Our problems of winning today is we are a Div 1 mentality club trying to compete in the premiership and look where we are because of it....Even Notts County would Prefer to play us because they think they have a better chance against us than wolves.......

17. swanee

swanee Well-Known Member

I`d just like to congratulate the board and in particular big nose for concluding our transfers so early in the window. It will be great to see the transformation in the team now that we are fully up to speed for the rest of the season.

Well done to all!

18. Kwame B

Kwame B Well-Known Member

Anyone have any update on the rumours about our interest in Daniel Opare?...seems to have gone a bit quiet

19. ValleyGraduate12

Forum Moderator

Who?

55282 likes this.
  20. ValleyGraduate12

Forum Moderator

If the £25m went out and bought a top creative midfielder then yes.

However, he has said he will stay even if we go down I think so I'll say keep him on the basis that we won't spend a penny from his sale.