1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours January Transfer Window.

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Brian Storm, Dec 13, 2017.

1. Brian Storm

Brian Storm Well-Known Member

Starting to get some transfer rumours. so may as well start to share. All out goings at the moment of course.

Lewis Grabban talks begin in significant update for Wolves and Aston Villa transfer target - reports
    Wolves transfer news and Aston Villa transfer news includes an update on Sunderland's on-loan frontman

ByShane Ireland
    09:34, 13 DEC 2017
    S
    Wolverhampton Wanderers have made contact with Bournemouth about signing Lewis Grabban in January.

Grabban is currently on a season-long loan at Sunderland, but the Cherries are poised to recall the striker when the transfer window opens next month will a view to selling him.

His 11 goals in 17 appearances for struggling Sunderland has alerted suitors with Bournemouth prepared to cash in.

Molineux boss Nuno Espirito Santo is keen to bolster his attacking options to provide competition for top scorer Leo Bonatini.

And our sister title Chronicle Live reports that Wolves have approached the South-Coast club to register their interest.

Aston Villa are also said to be interested in Grabban but Wolves have stolen a march on their rivals by speaking to Bournemouth ahead of the window.

Cherries manager Eddie Howe was prepared to sell Grabban in the summer, satisfied that he had enough attacking options in Jermain Defoe, Joshua King, Callum Wilson, Benik Afobe and Lys Mousset.

Instead he allowed Grabban to join Sunderland on loan, however he has now raised the prospect of cashing in on the 29-year-old in the New Year.

“With Lewis, we will make the right decision for him and for us,” said Howe.

“I think it will be something we will sit down and talk about.

“We have got some excellent strikers here. I have got some real options in that position, especially when you consider you have got the quality of Lys Mousset who is out of the squad at the moment.

“That is something for a later date when we will have a chat with Grabbs.”

Howe also said that Grabban’s form for Sunderland was proof of the ability of a player he paid £8m to re-sign from Norwich City in the summer of 2016, having allowed him to join the Canaries 18 months earlier.

He said: “I am not surprised. Lewis is an outstanding player. When we signed him back when we were in the Premier League we paid a substantial fee for him.

“I have worked with him before and really enjoyed that process. The journey we went through together was incredible really.

“He did very well for me in both spells so I have got a lot of time for the player and the person.

“We will make the right decision for the next step in his career.”

Sunderland boss Chris Coleman confirmed at the end of November that Bournemouth had a recall clause in the loan agreement but said at that stage there was no suggestion that the South Coast club intended to trigger it, although he admitted he had drawn up contingency plans just in case.

“We’ve got Grabban, the top scorer, there’s lots of speculation about clauses in his contracts and whether he can be recalled,” said Coleman at the time.

“We’ve not heard anything from Bournemouth to suggest that would happen, that is what it is, a contract is a contract.

“I’ve been here a few weeks, in my head, the positions and the people I’d like to bring in I already know.

“Of course we have to look at that and if does happen we need to make sure we’re on the front foot and we’ve got someone coming the other way.

“Fingers crossed that it won’t.”

Makemstine Roger likes this.
  2. Brian Storm

Everton news: Sunderland happy to accept cut-price Lamine Kone transfer
    EVERTON will be allowed to sign Sunderland centre-back Lamine Kone on the cheap.
    By ALEX HARRIS
    PUBLISHED: 00:00, Mon, Dec 11, 2017 | UPDATED: 00:06, Mon, Dec 11, 2017

please log in to view this image
    GETTY

Sunderland are happy to let Lamine Kone join Everton
    Toffees boss Sam Allardyce is considering a January swoop for the Ivory Coast international.

According to The Sun, he will move to bring Kone to Goodison Park if he proves his fitness.

Allardyce snapped up Kone for Sunderland two years ago and he proved to be an inspired addition as they beat the drop.

But the 28-year-old suffered a wretched campaign last term as the Black Cats ran out of lives in the Premier League.

Kone has struggled to make an impact in the Championship due to a knee injury.

Football Manager 2018: Championship transfer budgets revealed
    Thu, November 2, 2017
    Click to reveal the Championship transfer budgets on Football Manager 2018

And Sunderland chiefs are happy to sanction a cut-price deal to get him off their wage bill, The Sun claim.

Everton attempted to sign Kone in the summer of 2016.

Speaking after the move collapsed, he said: “Everton, they are not a small club. There were other clubs interested too. But it was not concrete like Everton.

GETTY

Sam Allardyce is considering signing Lamine Kone for the second time
    “It was a very good opportunity for me. A golden opportunity. They are playing for the top positions. They could be in Europe.

“So it was an interesting challenge for me. At the time, I was disappointed.”

Everton have struggled at the back this season, shipping 29 goals in 16 Premier League games.

3. Brian Storm

Reports that Khazri will be recalled to sell to Everton is complete bollocks by the way. That wouldn't happen until the Summer as Khazri has played for two clubs this season.

Gil T Azell likes this.
  4. Brian Storm

5. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

Please be true. I think he's the worst CB I've seen for us, in recent memory anyway.

I wonder what a cut price figure for Kone would be, it depends if it's in comparison to their previous offer or just simply cut price. I'd sell for about 6 mil and literally kick him up the arse on his way out.

Brian Storm likes this.
  6. Brian Storm

He's doing well this season so we should get shot while we can if we can.

7. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

Deffo, the timing looks like it's going to work out for us there. If they genuinely want him we might get decent money, for a player of his standard that is.

8. Brian Storm

Never getting our money back but something for the transfer kitty would be nice

Nacho likes this.
  9. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

Nah, but half of it wouldn't be a disaster considering what a turkey he is. I wouldn't be gutted if we got ten mil for him and Kone combined seeing as we won't miss either of them. I'd hope for a few more mil though.

Nads and Brian Storm like this.
  10. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

I think we’ll get £6milliin for Kone and a bad of out of date Mr Porkys for Djiafuckinguseless.

Good business for 2 absolute plant pots.

Dorset likes this.

11. red&white wanderer

red&white wanderer Well-Known Member

That's exactly it everything seems to be turning In our favour since CC came. Some managers just seem to have a positive aura about them (eg Keegan when in the dark zone) _ more positive things happen
    Hopefully Kone - out, khazri - out, Djillibodji - away and off wage bill and our club morale increases.
    Jobs a goodun :emoticon-0148-yes:

Nads likes this.
  12. marcusblackcat

marcusblackcat SAFC Sheriff
    Forum Moderator

Errr... Bit rough on me turkey - it'll be lovely on Christmas day with the trimmings

13. clockstander

clockstander Well-Known Member

Kone is a quality player who has been unsettled and has not been fully committed to the cause in recent days, but he is a decent premiership quality CD. As I said elsewhere I hope we can do a deal with Everton and maybe include Browning in the deal, I think that could be a good move for both clubs.

14. Vincemac

Vincemac Well-Known Member

Sunderland Official Statement – June 2014:

“Jack is a player we have nurtured and developed through our academy system since he was eight years old.

“We gave him the opportunity to become a professional footballer and are therefore extremely disappointed in the events that have led to his departure from the club.

“This wasn’t about money – the club agreed to all of the terms demanded of us during discussions and we were always led to believe that Jack wanted to stay with us.

“At his and his representatives’ request, final talks were put on hold until the club secured its top flight status.

“To our dismay however, we were subsequently never given the chance to negotiate with him to stay.

“For him to then leave the club that has supported him throughout his formative years in such a manner, with no chance for Sunderland to recover any of the significant investment that it has made in him as a player, has left a bitter taste."

Apparently he is linked with us

15. Charley Farley

Charley Farley Well-Known Member

16. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

Charley Farley and Gil T Azell like this.
  17. Vincemac

Vincemac Well-Known Member

Can’t see me been
    Whelmed

18. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

Just heard that Hirving Lozano, plays for PSV, is in middle of a £42million bidding war between Arsenal and Liverpool.

The relevance? He was one of the strikers Allardyce had lined up before England called.

You can’t help wonder what might have been can you.

19. Makemstine Roger

Makemstine Roger Well-Known Member

well im over flemed

20. Paperback Ruiter

Paperback Ruiter Well-Known Member