1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours January Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by originallambrettaman, Nov 24, 2023.

1. NewcastleTiger

NewcastleTiger Well-Known Member

Reminds me slightly of when Vaughan broke through at the end of last season, didn’t look particularly out of place but didn’t stand out. Albeit I think Jacob was excellent defensively against Willock today who I’d happily sign next season. Definitely took to grow, would happily have him start the remainder of the games.

Kirkella Tiger likes this.
  2. Shark Sports

Shark Sports Well-Known Member

Agree with the Vaughan comparison.

I thought Willock looked lively, he was the permanent winger we thought we were going to get in January. I wish we'd have ended up with him instead of Zaroury.

It's certainly no coincidence that since the number of loanees in the team has reduced we've started to improve.

NewcastleTiger likes this.
  3. NewcastleTiger

He’s out of contract in summer, will have a lot of suitors but hopefully we made good impressions in Jan to get him in summer. As we need the right sided player, albeit Omur is showing he is more than capable, with a Giles esque right back to overlap him as he drifts centrally we would be a serious force going forward. Slater has done it well but lacks those final moments

4. Shark Sports

I think he's right up our alley and his output has dropped over the last few seasons so that'll mean he can't command daft wages. I think players like him would be very keen to come and play for LR.

5. NewcastleTiger

The right winger role for us is a funny one, especially if you have Philogene on the other side. You almost need someone who holds the width but is kind of safe. Omur does that very well, he’s just very good that he can do more difficult things with ease because he’s on a different wavelength to others. But he very rarely loses the ball but can carry and draw multiple defenders to him at once

springtiger likes this.
  6. Tigerboy98

Tigerboy98 Well-Known Member

There’s just no way on earth we manage to get Carvalho unless we’re promoted

7. Mckechnie Orange

Mckechnie Orange Well-Known Member

Admittedly seems unlikely, but would you put anything past our owner?

Aquity likes this.
  8. NewcastleTiger

I think Morton and Delap are unlikely, Carvalho is a level above right now.

Mckechnie Orange likes this.
  9. Shark Sports

It depends on Liverpool. If they don't think he's got a long term future with them, then letting us have him for the next year isn't the worst idea. They'll be able to sell him for £25-30m next summer, the worst thing for them is if he goes on loan somewhere and either doesn't play or doesn't have a great time.

From the few mentions I've seen of his time at RB, it seems that the higher level of club don't believe he's creative enough to play as a 10 and consequently gets pushed out to the wing. I've seen a few Liverpool fans say similar. We're becoming a safe bet for decent talents now

I think Morton is way more likely than it was in January, he's shown his youth, naivety and inexperience a lot more in the 2nd half of the season.

10. Mckechnie Orange

Mckechnie Orange Well-Known Member

Yeah. I agree.

11. SydneyTiger14

SydneyTiger14 Well-Known Member

Did he start the game?

We know he's injured because he went off injured against Leeds and the injury has been spoken about. You don't have to be Sherlock Holmes.

12. SydneyTiger14

This is a pretty perfect example of why I wouldn't be overreacting/making decisions on Giles based on any output from Jacob. We all thought Fleming would be our solution at LB and he fizzled out, and then similarly with Vaughan as you said, who we thought would be the next big thing after his cameo last season. Jacob has shown great signs, and granted I'll take the point there might be other options out there who could do a job, but Giles has the runs on the board over multiple seasons in promotion chasing sides where I'd be looking to sign him, regardless of whether the fee is slight overs or not.

13. SydneyTiger14

Yeah like I was saying a while back, I think Carvalho would command a fee of 20-25m and only if we were in the PL.

14. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

It’s just an option. If it was mandatory, it would by definition, not be optional.

Howdentiger2 and NewcastleTiger like this.
  15. NewcastleTiger

I think the main difference with Jacob is he performed in the midst of the season when all was still at stake, Vaughan performed when the season was over.

Jacob again performed today against a seasoned player in Willock, did well against Bowler for the most part too. I’ve said it a few times I think he should be given the season now to prove himself and then go again in pre season with competition for the first choice. I don’t believe that should be Giles as I don’t think he’s good enough in a back 4.

Summerof69 likes this.
  16. Tigerboy98

Tigerboy98 Well-Known Member

True! Shouldn’t count it out completely

17. Deano's Volley

Deano's Volley Well-Known Member

No, how do you know we are definitely signing (before injury) him not the injury Sherlock.

18. SydneyTiger14

In fairness I think Keiren Maguire has spoken about how terms can be classed as mandatory options when certain circumstances are triggered, It's a bit of a counterintuitive set of terms, but for instance if we'd been promoted perhaps it would have been mandatory, perhaps if he played a certain number of games or got a certain number of assists.

This has been discussed at length previously, so not particularly interested in retreading it when you're just after a back and forth.

19. SydneyTiger14

Fleming performed when we were flirting with relegation and combined excellently with Greaves and KLP..

20. Aquity

Aquity Well-Known Member

I honestly think we can get delap on another loan next season, the loan has already proved successful injury aside and it’s not like he’s going to be knocking on the me door to be starting at Man.C so I’m hopeful

Morton I feel will be a similar scenario, if he’s not in the first team plans for Liverpool he will come back to us.

As for Carvalho - we have to remember that although he didn’t have the best of times at Leipzig he’s shown his stock again with us and I would say he will have a lot of suitors my gut feeling is that Liverpool will try cash in on him and well, if he’s happy here with Acun you just never know