1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours January '22 Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by originallambrettaman, Jan 3, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JoelTheTiger

JoelTheTiger Well-Known Member

I remember Jack Clarke from Leeds moving to Spurs a few years back for about £9m. Not sure if he had any injuries but don’t think he has ever been the same player, his career has stagnated.

On the other hand you can look at Ryan Sessegnon who joined them and has had more success, but again he’s had to bide his time and spend a lot of time in the U23’s before getting a first team chance.

Idi Amin likes this.
  2. Amin Yapusi

Amin Yapusi Well-Known Member

Conte wants to see more maturity and more thought to his game first. They won’t be making a move for him yet, just monitoring him.

3. Shark Sports

Shark Sports Well-Known Member

He's miles off being ready for Spurs. Bowen had 2.5 seasons with us and stepped it up each season. He just wouldn't get a look. He definitely needs at least another 18 months with us to keep improving and developing other parts of his game.

In terms of a goals/assists comparison to Bowen. KLP is currently on 8 whereas, Bowen got 15 in his first season so he's pretty much on track.

I understand why PL clubs are looking at him, they'll want to get him cheaper now but it's certainly not in our interest

SW3 Chelsea Tiger likes this.
  4. John Ex Aberdeen now E.R.

John Ex Aberdeen now E.R. Well-Known Member

I was actually just thinking about Tom H and whether Shota might see him as a lynchpin in the midfield. Will be really interesting to see what he does. I think with the shortage of time, for the Swansea game, you are likely to see a similar team like Bournemouth, apart from William's who I guess must be injured, but going forward things might change a bit.

5. John Ex Aberdeen now E.R.

I suspect you are right, though they might try to buy and then loan him back, just to ensure they don't lose out?

6. Shark Sports

Assuming Shota watched the Stoke game, I think there's very little chance Tom H will be starting for us any time soon

askewshair and Tigerboy98 like this.
  7. Deano's Volley

Deano's Volley Well-Known Member

Are we expecting any more signing's imminently? Bit worrying there's only a few days left of the window and we've only signed Slater, which is that exciting I've actually put an extra pair of socks on.

8. SydneyTiger14

SydneyTiger14 Well-Known Member

Or perhaps he'd use him off the bench or in a refined role than that used by Grant against a pacey Stoke side.

9. John Ex Aberdeen now E.R.

I didn't see the Stoke game, as it wasn't shown here, but the games I have seen him feature in he has looked a class apart. No one in the Stoke game from what I have read covered themselves in glory. I am really interested to see how Shota does put his mark on the team, and whether he tries to change things?

I would prefer to see Tom being groomed for a coaching role, as there is no doubt he doesn't get around the pitch these days, and was never the most mobile of players. I guess TWT.

10. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

People have overreacted to that Stoke result. He struggled in that game no doubt, but as you suggest, so did many others. He was excellent against Everton and has been in most games. His ability to find a clever, progressive pass in any situation is incredible. I think he's actually better in tight situations than he was in his first spell.

You can be old and not so mobile but still do a job. as we've discussed before, Jagielka has won twice at our stadium this season and kept clean sheets both times.

11. Shark Sports

I can't see Shota changing much till the summer and I think it'll be very similar to as it was under Grant. Obviously it depends what we do in the market in the next few days, but the midfield doesn't appear to be changing much.

I don't think there's a need to try and shoehorn Tom in. He's always been best when playing alongside a ball winner, and his inclusion means you either drop Doc or Honeyman. I can't see either happening.

He might be a useful option off the bench in some games but as I said I think a lot depends on the next few days.

It's hard to see him staying around next season too

12. SydneyTiger14

Yes, I find it quite remarkable he's been written off purely because he was used in an inopportune role in an inopportune game. He showed literally the game before that how good he still is.

13. SydneyTiger14

I think you're misunderstanding. I'm not suggesting there needs to be a starting spot for him.

14. Shark Sports

Oh that's fine then.

That's pretty much how Grant used him, he's been fit since the end of November apart from a brief covid spell

15. Amin Yapusi

Amin Yapusi Well-Known Member

I think the danger with big Tom is, does he call it a day in the summer? Do we get a full season out of him next year? Big risk to consider making him a focal point, which he has to be really to make proper use out of him. Difficult to replace his attributes at this level. Can’t set up to play the same way without him on the team.

16. Shark Sports

If he can't get in the side now, he certainly won't after a big rebuild in the summer. If Shota wants to play high tempo as has been mentioned, then he won't fancy Tom.

17. over18and legal

over18and legal Well-Known Member

Just comes across as a dick and it's all about him.
    Probably why he changed his hair colour for the playoff final.

18. over18and legal

That's easy for you to say.
    We should have some fun on the speeling on this one, or should it the grandma.
    Chaz will do for me.

Shabby Tiger likes this.
  19. jeffratcliffe's_hat

jeffratcliffe's_hat Active Member

You're not wrong
    Had more Lockdown parties than Boris

20. over18and legal

Has Conte told you this?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.