1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours January 2021 Transfer Window

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by Rangers Til I Die, Dec 4, 2020.

1. QPR Oslo

QPR Oslo Well-Known Member

Guess it's up to the Owners. They were reported to be putting in a £ 1 million a month last Spring to keep us running. Maybe they will be willing to finance 2 or 3 players the Management think we need to keep us up, purchase, or loan more likely maybe. Or perhaps they cannot afford more, no idea. But the Squad looks so thin to me, in need of a goal scorer, a mobile big strong midfielder, and ideally another CB and Back as cover.

2. QPR Oslo

QPR Oslo Well-Known Member

Agree. The same applies to Dykes especially with his apparent success in Scotland. But the goals from open play count of 3 from Dykes (1) and Bonne (2) season to date if I remember right, with Kelman unproven, strongly suggest we need a proven goal scorer at this level, plus surely we need a better replacement for Amos than Thomas, or anyone else has shown to date this season. I havent heard that little Smyth or Oteh have started scoring for fun out on loan either.

3. SW Ranger

SW Ranger Well-Known Member

Some interesting feedback on our transfers. I seem to remember an awful lot of people being very complimentary about our incomings at the beginning of the season. :emoticon-0108-speec

WalsallHoop, NigsyHoops and kiwiqpr like this.
  4. Quite Possibly Raving

Quite Possibly Raving Well-Known Member

Happy to confess to being one of them. Still hopeful that Dickie, Dykes, Willock, Kelman and Bonne can prove to be good signings over the longer run. Losing hope on Adomah and Thomas. Carroll decent but not long term signing. Worry Amos won't come back from this injury.

SW Ranger and Uber_Hoop like this.
  5. Stroller

Stroller Well-Known Member

I think Dickie has shown his worth, despite one or two rash moments. If he had a bit more pace, he could be a top player. Carroll is a very good player in this league and is still only 28, so we could get a few good years out of him. I think the criticism of Dykes is overdone and that he could still prove to be a very good signing, as could Willock. I'm not as hopeful for Bonne though, and it doesn't look like we'll get much out of Adomah or Thomas. Kelman could be anything and I'd like to see him get a chance alongside Dykes in a 3-5-2.

I still think that overall these were a reasonable bunch of signings for bugger all money, but we are still left with a very thin squad of players and could do with a couple of strong loans in January to bolster it.

SW Ranger, Uber_Hoop, Ninj and 5 others like this.
  6. Ninj

Ninj Well-Known Member

All players that have came in at the start of the season were taking a step up from where they were. Uncle Albert hadnt played much last season, Bonne had one good season with Charlton and prior to that played Div 2 with Orient. Dickie played with Oxford. Dieng served an apprenticeship with the likes of Doncaster and various clubs in Scotland and Dykes also climbed the leagues in Scotland.
    At some point we will have one of those games where every shot hits the targets and we will have a decent win. We are a young side. Amos being out for the season has probably made more of a difference than we realised
    Keep the faith

7. Ninj

Ninj Well-Known Member

Diego Costa is available on a free. I wonder if he does anything for charity...and hates the small team in fulham enough to sign for us.

Quite Possibly Raving likes this.
  8. Bwood_Ranger

Bwood_Ranger 2023 Funniest Poster

NigsyHoops and Uber_Hoop like this.
  9. qprbeth

qprbeth Wicked Witch of West12
    Forum Moderator

SW Ranger and Uber_Hoop like this.
  10. Sooperhoop

Sooperhoop Well-Known Member

11. Turkish" Premier" Hoops

Turkish" Premier" Hoops Well-Known Member

What does ?

12. Ninj

Ninj Well-Known Member

Ben Whiteman (Doncaster midfielder) for Joe Lumley. I had to go into the link as for one moment I thought Diego Costa was a QPR fan who had ambition to play for us.

13. Quite Possibly Raving

rangercol likes this.
  14. Steelmonkey

Steelmonkey Well-Known Member

Adding Lumley into the deal is a no-brainer too

Quite Possibly Raving likes this.
  15. Bwood_Ranger

Bwood_Ranger 2023 Funniest Poster

I didn’t know who he was when I woke up this morning but he’s definitely the messiah we need.

kiwiqpr, Uber_Hoop, WBA2_QPR3 and 2 others like this.
  16. Quite Possibly Raving

We've signed players I know and think are good who end up being rubbish, players I don't know who end up being rubbish, and players I think are rubbish who end up being good. I won't assume he's good, bad, or halfway between the two, but it's still pleasing we're at least after someone in the right position and someone who is a club captain.

QPR999, Hoop-Leif and rangercol like this.
  17. Sooperhoop

Sooperhoop Well-Known Member

Give him half a dozen games and he'll be a very naughty boy...

18. QPRNUTS

QPRNUTS Well-Known Member

RCD

Sorry but can’t agree with the comment that we have a good squad. We don’t. We’ve replaced the bit of quality we had with very average players. The table doesn’t lie.
    Also, none of the 3 players mentioned would currently fit into our wage structure

NigsyHoops and bobmid like this.
  19. Uber_Hoop

Uber_Hoop Well-Known Member

Yeah, I was one. Still think a number aren’t being used in a way that best suits their ability, although reckon Adomah is shot and was probably a heart buy rather than a head one.

kiwiqpr likes this.
  20. qprbeth

qprbeth Wicked Witch of West12
    Forum Moderator

I believe Adomeh bought himself out of his Forest contract...so to become a free agent for us to sign.
    We signed him as a free. Obviously we are paying his salary, but suspect his salary is well within our wage cap.

He really wanted to play for us...yes it was a heart judgment...but although he has not really done much...(.but wasn't it his cross that BOS missed at Norwich..)...He is giving his all...and I have a sneaky suspicion that he will have his QPR moment...I do hope he does...as he is really one of our own..

WalsallHoop, Rodney, Ninj and 4 others like this.
: QPR