1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Jan transfer window

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by Stan Dupp, Nov 8, 2021.

1. Rangers Til I Die

Rangers Til I Die Well-Known Member

Don't know about Rangers but surely we're a better prospect than Swans atm?

2. QPR Oslo

QPR Oslo Well-Known Member

PlanetSwans claim Swansea have turned down 2 bids from us for Paterson

3. Steelmonkey

Steelmonkey Well-Known Member

Warburton hopeful of late business

Matt Webb @QPR

QPR boss Mark Warburton says he hopes the club are close to strengthening the squad even further ahead of Monday’s January transfer window deadline.

Rangers have already brought in goalkeeper David Marshall and defender Dion Sanderson to aid our promotion push during the second half of the campaign.

And speaking before Saturday’s home clash with Reading in W12, Warburton told www.qpr.co.uk: “Hopefully we can get one or two more done.

I hope we’re close – but I don’t want to tempt fate.

MARK WARBURTON
    “I hope we’re close – but I don’t want to tempt fate.

“We’ve all seen David Marshall’s quality – he’s come in and done outstandingly well. His experience around the players has also been first-class.

“And we’re well aware of Dion’s pace and power. He gives us another layer of quality to choose from.

“Two or three will also probably go out to get some game time – whether that’s a more senior player to play games or a younger one to get some more experience into their legs.”

Rangers go into tomorrow’s clash with Reading looking to build on an unbeaten start to 2022.

As things stand, the R’s – currently in fourth spot – are four points off second-placed Blackburn Rovers with a game in hand.

QPR were frustrated by Swansea City in midweek as they chased a fifth-straight Championship win – but Warburton said: “Four points from six against Coventry and Swansea is a good return.

“I understand the expectation but it (point gained from 0-0 draw versus Swansea) could be very valuable come the end of the season.

“Teams are going to have bad results – we just have to try and get something from every game and enjoy the fact we’re having a good season.”

This weekend’s visitors Reading sit just a place and two points above the relegation zone in the second tier.

Warburton is extremely wary of Veljko Paunovic’s men, though, commenting: “They’ve got very good attacking options – the likes of [Lucas] Joao, [George] Puscas, [John] Swift, [Yakou] Meite. Danny Drinkwater sits in.

“A mixture of Covid and their points deduction has affected them but any team would be foolish to underestimate Reading.

“It’s an expensively-assembled squad and they’re in a false league position. We have to prepare and apply ourselves well.”

In terms of team news, Warburton also confirmed that he has a fully-fit squad to choose from after Ilias Chair, Seny Dieng and Andre Gray – who are all away on international duty.

Kick-off against Reading at Kiyan Prince Foundation Stadium is at 3pm GMT

4. Hammersmith reborn

Hammersmith reborn Well-Known Member

2 bids turned down by Swansea for Paterson, Jesus we must be taking the piss with our offers ! They want 750 000 for him after triggering a 1 year extension to his contract. I know he's 30 but come on its peanuts for a player that could well get you promoted. Put in the asking price ffs and let's get him onboard

WalsallHoop likes this.
  5. Hammersmith reborn

3 at the back, 2 wing backs, holding midfielder, attacking midfielder, 2 wingers and a striker !

6. Stroller

Stroller Well-Known Member

I think Col's head just exploded.

7. rangercol

rangercol Well-Known Member

3-4-3. Pretty standard, except with your version the midfield would be wide open.
    I thought Warbs was attack minded!

8. Trammers

Trammers Well-Known Member

Keeganesq..... you score 4 we score 5 approach........

Not sure i'd have that much faith in that approach........ don't think the heart would cope.....

rangercol and jeffranger like this.
  9. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

10. Hammersmith reborn

Yep let's rip teams apart, remember I was the one that kept saying Adomah had to start and that hasn't turned out too shabbily. Field is alot better than anyone we deployed in that position earlier in the season, Johansen hasn't looked tge same this season to be fair. If we get Paterson in them playing him and Willock either side of a striker would terrorise teams, put Chair in behind that 3 and think of how many chances we'd create. Sure we'd conceded a few too but I'd fancy us to outscore most teams. We wouldn't have to use that formation every game especially away from home but at home where we've struggled to create chances in alot of games then I don't see a problem with at least trying it out

11. jeffranger

jeffranger Well-Known Member

Do you know much about football? Just wondering

Last edited: Jan 29, 2022
  12. Hammersmith reborn

Wandering , where to ? Yep coach Raynes Park Vale u18's currently 2nd in league. Used to coach , at similar levels in Isthmian league many moons ago. Played for various clubs up until 20 until serious knee injury when went into Bookmakers and later coaching. What about you ? Just cos someone has different views to your way of setting up a team doesn't mean it's wrong, I'm a more expansive minded coach than you would be obviously !

NigsyHoops likes this.
  13. IwasanotherwatfordR

IwasanotherwatfordR Well-Known Member

Anyone seen the Tweet of Ivan Toney saying “fu@k Brentford”. I’d put it up but don’t do Twitter. We are lucky that we apparently don’t have types with that attitude in our squad. Seems the present team bond well so no new egotistical additions please.

14. Hammersmith reborn

Another thick ****er with an equally dumb bimbo in tow !

WalsallHoop likes this.
  15. Totallyqpr

Totallyqpr Well-Known Member

If I have understood it correctly, he has friends who are QPR supporters and it was said in conection with communicating with them.

16. Uber_Hoop

Uber_Hoop Well-Known Member

Where does one go to acquire these dumb bimbos?

17. SW Ranger

SW Ranger Well-Known Member

You don’t acquire them … they acquire you :emoticon-0105-wink:

18. rangercol

rangercol Well-Known Member

Absolutely.
    I wouldn't be quite so cavalier, but there's no doubt your method would rip some sides apart.

Opinions innit.

19. SW Ranger

SW Ranger Well-Known Member

Nothing wrong with ‘out of the box’ thinking. But there’s no way MW is going to change everything around now; he has most things settled and players know their roles. He’s going to be looking for players who can drop into our style, perhaps play in a couple of roles to cover injuries or poor form. Key now is to keep the results coming in and not let the season fizzle out.
    PS I’m not sure we’d outscore most teams right now. Our forwards have dropped right off and need to get back on it. Eight goals today would fix things :emoticon-0105-wink:

20. qprbeth

qprbeth Wicked Witch of West12
    Forum Moderator

Because Chair is not there.

He sets up and allows others to score.
    I hope he comes back rested and TOMORROW

Hammersmith reborn and SW Ranger like this.