1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

How long do we give him ?

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by KIO, Nov 9, 2014.

1. Dangerous Marsupial

Dangerous Marsupial Well-Known Member

Had a listen and Eadie sounded genuinely angry at what was going on. Never heard that from a pundit on RN before tbh. No really crazy people phoned in though, couldn't really argue with most of what was said.

2. canary-dave

canary-dave Well-Known Member

I thought he was questioning my ability to respond!

3. carrabuh

carrabuh Well-Known Member

I prefer the previous.

Although I'd aim it at JWM.

4. 1950canary

1950canary Well-Known Member

Difficult to follow your line of thought there. She takes nothing out of the Club, all catering profits go straight to the Club and the profits from her last 3 books went straight to the Club. She has also never called in any money she has given or lent to the Club and will only get the money back for her shares if she sells the Club. Please explain what you mean.

5. carrabuh

carrabuh Well-Known Member

Are you sure about all that?

6. Swedish Dave

Swedish Dave Active Member

The idea that Delia Smith needs Norwich City in order to boost book sales is one of the more ridiculous things I've read on here.

7. SUPERNORWICH 23

SUPERNORWICH 23 SUPERNORWICH

She is 71 years old and sold more than 21000,000 books most of which before her envolvement with Norwich .
    There are some pretty warped views on here but that is just mental.

8. gruffnuts

gruffnuts Active Member

Really? Feel free to link me up to such generosity. Hats off of that's the case but I'd be surprised. I wouldn't expect her to take anything out the club. They are club restuarants - again, I wouldn't expect her to be taking profits. That should be the norm, not something she's congratulated for.

I didn't say she needed the club to sell books, just that I'm confident it helps and keep her name out there - she's got a fair bit of competition out there these days. Without the club I imagine she'd be more reliant on tv programmes/advertising. Everyone knows Delia smith and what she does - I don't think that's entirely down to her soufflés.

9. Tony_Munky_Canary

Tony_Munky_Canary Well-Known Member

Honestly mate, I really don't think you know what you're talking about

10. SUPERNORWICH 23

She is a 71 year old lady who has made her fortune it's not like she will be fighting Peter Andre for Iceland adverts.
    Get a ****ing grip.

11. canary-dave

canary-dave Well-Known Member

I think her association with NCFC is FAR more beneficial to the club than to her! Were it not for her, nobody would know our club existed apart from a couple of envious binners!

12. ncgandy

ncgandy Well-Known Member

Not sure how a thread about Neil Adams has turned into a 'knock Delia' rant.

13. Canary Rob

Canary Rob Well-Known Member

Always worth quoting Peter Cullum on this:

"the two of them have been brilliant for Norwich City - and I've always said that. Every home and away game they are there. They've put a lot of their own personal wealth into this. If you happen to be Abramovich and you have stuck £10m into Norwich City, it's an accounting entry that barely covers the cost of a holiday. But here are two people who have put in a considerable amount of their total wealth. So I feel it's disappointing if they are now being seen by some as the devil incarnate. It's unkind and it's unfair"

14. 1950canary

Absolutely certain. It is all set out in the accounts which, as a retired accountant, I scrutinise every year.

15. Tony_Munky_Canary

Tony_Munky_Canary Well-Known Member

Heck, don't let a silly thing like the truth and actual facts get in the way of Carrabuh's 'wicked witch' hunt

16. RiverEndRick

RiverEndRick Well-Known Member

I find these rants against Delia beyond understanding, especially when they are based on complete untruths.

17. SUPERNORWICH 23

Look at these bloody parasites bleeding our club dry ,especially Delia's mum i bet she doesn't even pay for her ticket makes me sick to death.

please log in to view this image

18. 1950canary

You really do not know what you are talking about. The Club Catering was set up using her own money, not the Clubs, and she has never taken that money back nor taken any profit out of it. That is not ' the norm ' She has put millions into the Club to keep it going. In normal business life the provider gets interest on that money - she doesn't. That is not ' the norm ' If you are a Shareholder you get paid dividends. Delia is the majority shareholder but doesn't take anything. That is not ' the norm ' She does not need to get ' here name out there ' She is running that side of her life down and is virtually retired. She came out of retirement for books and Waitrose adverts etc to raise cash for NCFC. There are millions of people out there who have had our Club brought to their attention because of Delia. I doubt if there is one solitary soul who have only heard of Delia because of NCFC. Your attitude is a classic case of biting the hand that feeds you. I doubt if there is anybody else out there who would have done what she has for the Club. I do not have her wealth but if I had I would not have ploughed it into the Club as she has done and I think I bleed yellow and green.

19. 1950canary

It might be my age and the fact that Mrs1950 has been in Australia for the past year but I looked at that photo of Delia and thought ' I might need a couple of brandies first but I bloody could you know ' although she would have to join the queue behind Carol Kirkwood.

20. johnnywarksmoustache

johnnywarksmoustache Well-Known Member

Carol 'funbags' Kirkwood Now you're talking! <ok>