1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Henriksen

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Hutch-tiger69, Sep 16, 2017.

1. Steven Toast

Steven Toast Well-Known Member

So he was **** at AZ, is that what you're saying? Not like he was consistently scoring goals from midfield or anything.

2. Leon T Trout AFC

Leon T Trout AFC Well-Known Member

Some players transition and adapt, some don’t.

It’s inexact, hard to predict and is consequent to a web of direct and indirect variables.

Simple as that.

GLP and PLT like this.
  3. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

Exactly. Markovic at Liverpool.
    Didn't Norwich pay 15 million for wolfswinkel? Disaster.
    Chelsea, shevchenko, an argy whose name I can't remember up front. Scored on his debut and was **** after that.
    Man U had one under van gaal who was dog ****.

4. Tuckin

Tuckin Well-Known Member

Glad to see I haven't gone mad and someone else saw that too!

5. Edelman

Edelman Well-Known Member

Some just don't adapt to English football.
    You can be great in Holland and MLS but totally ineffective over here.

6. ImperialTiger

ImperialTiger Well-Known Member

I thought Derby was the 2-1 defeat, not the 5-0. Shows how much interest I'm showing now.

7. FLG

FLG Well-Known Member

Hernan Crespo.

8. balkan tiger

balkan tiger Well-Known Member

Torres = Liverpool :emoticon-0148-yes: Torres Chelsea :emoticon-0149-no:
    Carrol = Newcastle :emoticon-0148-yes: Carrol Liverpool :emoticon-0149-no:

Just goes to show it's much more than how much a player costs.

9. Steven Toast

Crespo scored 10 in 19 in the PL, hardly a failure.

10. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

He scored 20 in 49.

11. Brucebones

Brucebones Well-Known Member

Obviously if a player is good somewhere they're not **** there, but the few players mentioned on here that something happens when they come to us is bollocks.
    Sometimes a player is good & then moves on & everyone is wondering what all the hype is about, therefore labelling them ****!

12. Steven Toast

It isn't bollocks. It is a fact that people have been saying that the aforementioned players are **** players. Not **** Hull City players, just **** players. Now, that is bollocks because they clearly aren't. Dio aside, all were playing at a good level when they came in and had good reputations.

There's a huge difference between not playing well and not having any ability, something which in desperate times people rarely differentiate between.

13. TIGERSCAVE

TIGERSCAVE Well-Known Member

Was it Darnborough who signed him or was it before his time..

14. Brucebones

Brucebones Well-Known Member

IMO & a lot of people, if a player is good at one club & rubbish afterwards, they are classed as ****. Unless they improve then they are still classed as ****, Henricksen is 100% unproven outside of AZ!

15. redroar

redroar Active Member

Everyone is going on about henricksen, hence the post, he was totally ineffective, but we improved massively when hector was subbed also, allowing us to go to 4 at the back. Hector had a bad game albeit for one great pass through to dicko. Otherwise looked troubled and off his game, tomoro looked much more comfortable alongside daws. This all allowed meyler to pick the ball up deep and thread some nice balls through.
    I'm not a great fan of myler but for some reason we do better when he's on the field, and at this time we don't have many options.
    Would like to see Irvine on, but guess he's not getting game time because Toral is a similar player. I only see toral and Irvine playing together if Bowen is not available.
    I guess slutsky hasn't a clue at the moment because he knows as much about the new players as we do, not much. Our biggest loss at the moment is Hernandez who did seem to be enjoying his football.
    On the Sunderland game, it's one we should have had the points in the bag, as they were not much better than Bolton, but they at least came with three very forward players, which caused our three at the back big problems, so slutsky should have bee able to see this, and he should have had more about him to make immediate changes. I could go on and on with the analysis!

16. GLP

GLP Well-Known Member

Different country and the English game is different in tempo to European football.

Henriksen is dreadful in CM - Even fan boys can't deny that. His position I thought was as an attacking midfielder. He shouldn't ever be played as a central midfielder again.

With regards to Larsson, as Henriksen was so poor he was having to do the work of two midfielders.

I like Slutsky, but he cannot keep on picking players in the wrong positions. Elementary mistakes that are proving very costly, particularly with a defence that looks so porous and ponderous.

Meyler in the second half was doing EXACTLY what you would expect from a proper central midfielder. I find it incredible that Charon can still find criticism. Meyler single handedly dragged us back into the game, his performance improved us as a team 100% and he very nearly got us all 3 points.

Regarding Dawson - He's still more than capable in this division, but he's unfortunately having to marshall and babysit the entire back line as the rest seem completely clueless on the basic requirements of defending. Mazuch when fit would in my opinion be a better suited partner for Dawson. At least he has played regular first team football. Beyond Mazuch it'd be Tomori who seemed to have a bit about him for a young player.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2017
  17. HullCityAFC1904

HullCityAFC1904 Well-Known Member

Henriksen gets some stick including from me but he must be doing the job in that position in training to get picked on a match day which makes me think he just isn't good enough for English football. Selling Clucas was a disaster for us and I'm not going to blame Slutsky for the fallout from that which isn't going to be addressed until December at the earliest. When you have hardly any options then you have to use what you have available, Hernandez injury too has shafted us.

18. pierredelafranchesca

pierredelafranchesca Well-Known Member

Would be interested to know how many top 3 MOM nominations he's got on here, discounting piss take ones, other than that league cup win last year can't imagine he makes many

19. citycityhull

citycityhull Well-Known Member

The main issue I have with Henriksen is that he is obviously been picked to get on the ball and get attacks going . It is obvious that he doesn't thunder into tackles and never has done, that can be negated by tracking runners and interceptions.

But he never looks to get on the ball, he doesn't seek space, I remember seeing Clucas screaming at him V Villa and Burton for not showing for the ball. When he is on the ball it is only a back pass to the defence. If his role is to be building the attacks he needs to be more active seeking the ball and more positive on it.

20. Hutch-tiger69

Hutch-tiger69 Well-Known Member

Maybe our scoutings ****e and we cant correctly identify payers that have the potential to make the transition to English football
    Or we just buy ****e players

A lot of teams looked at henriksen strangely none bought him