1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Has James Fowler (assistant manager) left?

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by marcusblackcat, Sep 19, 2019.

1. rooch 3

rooch 3 Well-Known Member

I don’t think so they reckon when the new owners come in.:emoticon-0136-giggl

2. flandersmackem

flandersmackem Well-Known Member

If we wait till Xmas, then we stay in this league another year....we simply cannot have another year in this god awful league.

Makemstine Roger and Nads like this.
  3. Sunderpitt

Sunderpitt Well-Known Member

Well, how I see it is we are stuck in the turd division for a second season and I would venture to suggest that Sunderland supporters are frustrated and furious in equal proportion. The target for this fury/frustration is the manager cos we are not winning enough games and too many draws 1 bloody 1.

Certainly it would seem 'new' manager bounce worked for our survival in the 1st division for a while. Would a change of manager get us promoted?

Under Ross we have bought several duds Giggs, and too many CBs to mention. Ross struggles to know his best side and formation, or so it seems. Personally I reckon conceding 1 goal per game is par for the course, what we need to do is score more at the other end.

So should Ross go now, last season was nearly very good but fixture congestion (how many fans were so pleased we were in the tinpot cup?) Losing Maja and injuries to key players stopped us going over the line.

This season has been a mixed bag, so new owners or not I cannot see Ross leaving before Christmas and if we are in say the top 4, he will not go.

4. The Norton Cat

The Norton Cat Well-Known Member

I'd agree that much of the anger towards Ross stems from the fact that people think we should be walking this league. The fact is that we don't have a good enough squad and he's still got us there or thereabouts. Most people on this forum will discuss it sensibly but go over to Twitter and it's like a pack of rabid dogs. And those that shout loudest...
    I don't see another manager making a difference until January, and only then because we're all anticipating a spending spree which probably won't happen anyway because of financial rules etc.

cumbrianmackem likes this.
  5. cumbrianmackem

cumbrianmackem Well-Known Member

Norton,
    The trouble with a lot of our fans is they think we've got a god given right to win this league at a canter as we are 'a big club' in a ****ty little league where the reality is completely different.
    I don't think there's a quick fix to this whoever the manager is cos were stuck with this squad till at least January.
    Yes a new manager might install a bounce in results and turn our season around but that's a mighty big might imo.

clockstander and The Norton Cat like this.
  6. The Norton Cat

The Norton Cat Well-Known Member

Exactly. I'm afraid Ross was bang on with his comments about the support being negative. Sunderland fans used to be considered to be knowledgeable supporters. Sadly, I think that label can no longer be applied. To the majority at least.

7. Smug in Boots

Smug in Boots Well-Known Member

Just had this message from someone who's kids are at the same school ...
    ... Potters wife and kids are already back in Scotland.

8. Sunderpitt

Sunderpitt Well-Known Member

It's why RTG, can be awful it's just keyboard warriors outpouring bile a lot of the time

I get it I really do...I really hate being in the turd division... but being spiteful towards the manager as a focus of dissatisfaction..is too easy an out..yes come Christmas if progress is poor...yep a change might be called for, but atm cool professional heads are required

The Norton Cat likes this.
  9. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

Worst thing about RTG is most of the ****ers are active during home games <laugh>

**** off man. I had little to say about Rotherham as I missed the game, and I know stats and highlights tell you nowt, even live TV doesn’t you miss a lot of the movement etc.

What’s your bile based on if you ain’t watched? Mad.

Makemstine Roger likes this.
  10. Jack TheLad

Jack TheLad Well-Known Member

Fowler is on media duties today apparently....

The Norton Cat likes this.

11. marcusblackcat

marcusblackcat SAFC Sheriff
    Forum Moderator