1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Hack Watch

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by humanbeingincroydon, Sep 21, 2016.

1. Manchester United have introduced a heavily discounted season ticket for 16 to 25-year-olds in a bid to improve the atmosphere at Old Trafford. (Telegraph)

Surely, the best way to improve the atmosphere at OT would be to get rid of Mourhino?

deedub93 likes this.
  2. Or relocate the club closer to the core fan base in Guildford?

deedub93 likes this.
  3. https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...-belgium-world-cup-roberto-martinez-tottenham

Only the journalist is responsible for exaggerating the ‘out of favour with Pochettino’ comment, but also focusing on the fact that he hasn’t played any games for a few weeks - avoiding the fact that a) he’s been injured and b) none of the squad have played for the last 2 weeks other than Internationals. And oh yes, he seems to have come through one of those games ok....... even the comments attributed to Martinez are reasonable.

Toby may well be on his way in the summer, but this lazy journalism is appalling. Wouldn’t have expected that from the Guardian. Spelling mistakes yes, but not this <laugh>

4. humanbeingincroydon

humanbeingincroydon Well-Known Member

Actually it's par for the course with the Grauniad, as they're just as reluctant to give us credit while being just as gleeful to stick the boot in whenever we come up short as as their News Corp/DMG peers.

5. humanbeingincroydon

I see Yahoo Sport is...
    a.) Still a thing, amazingly
    b.) Employing impartial journalists

6. humanbeingincroydon

The Standard is reporting that, in the event of us finishing fourth for the third season in a row, we can relax our wage structure and start throwing around Chelsea-like salaries as if it was nothing.

Note to self: never read the Standard's financial section, considering their advice is that you got a bonus at work so you can spend - while ignoring the fact you just moved house.

(And that, Custar and Moggy, is better financial advice than either of your two "scroungers" can offer)

7. "Thanks for that Brian"

"Thanks for that Brian" Well-Known Member

It's worse than that. Dear ol' 'Spurs loving Tom' can't bring himself to say "can relax". He goes with "may be prepared to relax". It's very funny that The Standard just can't report it.

I wonder what he's going to write when next year's financial results show us catching his beloved Chelsea and the following year, we significantly outperform them? That's what Sunday's result delivers. For the second year in three, Chelsea will not get their snouts in the CL trough. That's going to cost them £40m - £50m in TV payments and prize money and the same again in reductions on sponsorship income, ticket sales and other match day income. All this at a time when Spurs are going to shoot through to an income in excess of £400m with regular CL football, ever increasing sponsorship deals, massive growth in ticket sales and other matchday income and our stadium raking in money from additional events.

Tom, mate, this is why Daniel Levy's getting a bumper payment. He's hitting the targets that he was set and the players WILL profit as a result. As for Chelsea? Well, we shall see what 4 or 5 years playing at Brentford's new stadium does for them? I wonder why that's not being reported, eh?

Last edited: Apr 4, 2018
  8. The RDBD

The RDBD Well-Known Member

I know, hilarious.

Come over to the PL board, where I am having immense
    fun with the usual suspects on all manner of things
    relating to the 2017 financial report (mainly on why
    Levy can justify his 6m remuneration this year) .

I may well actually be conversing with all the hacks
    that write about Spurs by the looks of it. :)

"I wonder what he's going to write when next year's financial results show us catching his
    beloved Chelsea and the following year, we significantly outperform them?
    That's what Sunday's result delivers. For the second year in three, Chelsea will not get their
    snouts in the CL trough. That's going to cost them £40m - £50m in TV payments and prize
    money and the same again in reductions on sponsorship income, ticket sales and other match day income."

Meanwhile, their wage bill won't be dropping to compensate
    for the loss of revenue. < so sad >

9. SpursDisciple

SpursDisciple Booking: Mod abuse - overturned on appeal
    Forum Moderator

Can I just remind you that the season isn't over. We lead them now by 8 points. We can only lose 2 to still be mathematically safe and a relegation threatened Stoke and the best team in the country to follow.

remembercolinlee likes this.
  10. That’s the RCL-spirit!! <applause>

11. Tottenham players were stunned to learn that the club's chairman Daniel Levy earns more than any of them at £6m a year. (Times)

<doh>
    He owns the ****ing club, you journo muppets!

Why would our players find it surprising that he is richer than they are?

12. Real Madrid are no longer interested in signing Liverpool andEgypt forward Mohamed Salah, 25, or Tottenham's England striker Harry Kane, 24. The La Liga side's top transfer target is Bayern Munich and Poland striker Robert Lewandowski, 29.
    (Sports Illustrated)

Here's a novel idea...

Why don't you Spanish journos write critical articles asking the question of both Real and Barca, "Why don't you produce your own super-star talent, instead of always looking to rape other clubs and buying your way to glory?"

Just a thought.

13. humanbeingincroydon

Can't wait for De Bruyne to demand wages on a par with Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed bin Sultan bin Zayed bin Khalifa Al Nahyan...

14. Put him in line for a handy cut-off - ooops, I mean pay-off.....
    <laugh>

15. humanbeingincroydon

Weirdly, Stoke fans have come out in defence of Levy's pay raise...

Oh...

16. "Thanks for that Brian"

I get their consternation. I went to university in Stoke. £25m would buy the whole place, and all the satellite towns, twice over, with enough left over for chips and change...unfortunately, the chips are cooked in beef fat and will kill you before you're 40. I reckon Big Kev's been tucking in.

17. humanbeingincroydon

A great bit of tactical ineptitude from HITC today

Tottenham should used Toby Alderweireld as bait to seal blockbuster deal for Real Madrid's Marco Asensio

Here are the things wrong with that headline.
    1.) Do we drop Christian Eriksen to accommodate Asensio?
    2.) Do we drop Son Heung-min to accommodate Asensio?
    3.) Do we drop Dele Alli to accommodate Asensio?
    4.) Does this mean we sell Erik Lamela to Inter, four years after talkBALLS first started running that headline into the ground?
    5.) How do we break it to Lucas Moura that we've done exactly what PSG did and signed a player who'll keep him out the team?
    6.) Considering Los Ladrones pay him £143k a week, which of our current first team squad won't be getting a hefty pay increase?
    7.) Oh yeah, so about the gaping hole in our defensive options that such a move wouldn't address...

There's a reason why nobody is suggesting that Los Ladrones include Keylor Navas in their deal to take Salah to the Francobunker this summer...

18. humanbeingincroydon

I take it that, when Steven Spielberg kicks the bucket, these same churnalists will be posting pics from Star Wars?

please log in to view this image
    please log in to view this image

19. humanbeingincroydon

In a quite remarkable moment of irony missing, The Transfer Tavern have an article titled TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR WILL BE MUCH BETTER OFF WITHOUT THESE 2 TOTAL MONEY GRABBERS NEXT SEASON - even though it's one of those obnoxious articles where 200 words of content is split between numerous pages you have to click through to triple their ad revenue, which as money grabbers go...

20. "Thanks for that Brian"

Levy and Pochettino?