1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Grayson

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by monty987, Oct 21, 2017.

1. Makemstine Roger

Makemstine Roger Well-Known Member

don't get it , is it , get lost, get ****ed ? can i have a route map to work it out mate as im lost........<laugh><laugh>

Tel (they/them) likes this.
  2. Brian Storm

Brian Storm Well-Known Member

upload_2017-10-22_1-0-12.png

Used a lot in the North East too. Didn't realise it was Lancashire term.

clockstander and Tel (they/them) like this.
  3. fredor

fredor Well-Known Member

It's bad as well

4. fredor

fredor Well-Known Member

It's Git delivered with more venom in the North East, Git can also used to describe size like Git Big Titties, or Large Breasts

5. Brian Storm

Never git round my way(Darlington). Always get, but the term is dying out. Git for size dyes out before Darlington but I know they say it in west durham, Places like Barney, Bishop and West.

6. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

Always used it in Yorkshire, it's usually 'cheeky get'.

Brian Storm likes this.
  7. QWOP

QWOP Well-Known Member

Get is a Northern thing in general. Don’t think it’s just used in specific areas.

8. Home_and_Away

Home_and_Away Well-Known Member

Spookily enough I was asked what 'git' meant last week (in Pompey) when I used it in the phrase "it was git massive". I tried to explain that I think it means 'vast' or 'very' but not sure?!?

As Bri says it's not really used much in Darlo, I think it's in my vocabulary from spending so much time with family (Shildon) as a bairn.

Stupid get, cheeky get, you thick get are regular phrases hoyed around the house

Brian Storm likes this.
  9. red&white wanderer

red&white wanderer Well-Known Member

Oh dear.... as a Sunderland fan this underachievement is par for the course.
    Man up get a bit of backbone, stop wingeing and get to the Bristol City game to see our first home with a for yonks.
    Failing that get on another board.
    Simple <cheers>

10. red&white wanderer

red&white wanderer Well-Known Member

I am hoping we are shot of short sooner as I do think we are (too) slowly improving and get 3pts on Saturday and our first home win.
    If not we are in serious trouble as I'm sure Bolton in midweek will capitalise on our mess

Brian Storm likes this.

11. DAPARKERSAFC

DAPARKERSAFC Well-Known Member

Norwich plucked Daniel Farke out of nowhere;

Team
    From To Record Ref
    P
    W D L Win %
    Norwich City 25 May 2017 Present 15 8 4 3 53.3

Leeds plucked Thomas Christiansen out of nowhere;

Team
    From To Record Ref
    P
    W D L Win %
    Leeds United 15 June 2017 Present 16 9 3 4 56.3

Huddersfield took a number 2 in David Wagner and look at them now.

The let's keep Grayson cos who would we get is a ****ing ludicrous pathetic argument.

There's hundreds of coaches all over Europe who'd do better than the ball sack currently in charge

rooch 3, Makemstine Roger and Nads like this.
  12. The Norton Cat

The Norton Cat Well-Known Member

Daniel Farke was manager of SV Lippstadt and then manager of Borrusia Dortmund II, which is nothing like managing a reserve side in this country. Thomas Christiansen was manager of AEK Larnaca and then APOEL Nicosia. They weren't plucked from nowhere; they had shown that they were competent coaches/managers elsewhere. The examples you used previously were a man who had no experience at all (he didn't even attempt to manage the non-league side he partially owns) and a man who had been thrust into jobs on the basis of his name and was crap in both of them. And Keane, who you also mentioned, was heavily financially backed which any manager we get now will not be.

You are right about excellent coaches abroad though. The problem is, Short's football radar is so limited that he's never going to look that far afield. The thing is, it's not the manager that is the problem. It's the squad and, ultimately, the owner.

13. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

Cant argue this bit for the most part, but there’s no question that Grayson is tactically limited and make some extraordinary team selections and substitutions.

I don’t think we’d be any worse off with someone lacking experience, the question is would we be any better off?

14. The Norton Cat

The Norton Cat Well-Known Member

I think that depends entirely on the individual. Some people seem to take to it really easily. Others are completely clueless. I can't say that I'd trust Short or even Bain to get such a decision right.

Most managers seem to struggle to some extent and Sunderland and we know that whoever the manager is they won't be backed in the transfer market. Grayson knows the division and is getting to know the squad. A new manager might give us a quick 'New manager bounce' but he'd still have all the same problems and he'd be starting from scratch.

15. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

One thing I absolutely credit Grayson for is having the balls, standing firm. He does get the job, he does get the club, it’s just far too big a job for him I feel.

I’d love him to price me wrong and there have been signs of better days, I just can’t see it at the minute.

We could easily win next 2, get some confidence and it all changes, but the limitations would still be there, only masked.

He is the right sort mentally I’d say. Just not in a footballing sense as it stands.

red&white wanderer likes this.
  16. marcusblackcat

marcusblackcat SAFC Sheriff
    Forum Moderator

How much money did keane spend to do that? (Hint... A lot more than we have this season) so how would a manager if that stature help? Bring in scholes or seedorf with no connection to the club or fans and no managerial experience or success would be suicide.

I can't see how anyone can blame Grayson for yesterday. First goal there was much more of a foul on Catts in the build up than there was which led to the free kick they scored their second from. Third goal I haven't seen properly but looked offside. I think the player knew he was as he was trying to get out of the way and apologising. Otherwise it's a 3-0 win? Or maybe 3-1.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2017
  17. marcusblackcat

marcusblackcat SAFC Sheriff
    Forum Moderator

Thing is that those limitations won't change even with a new manager as we'd still have the same squad. Same players with same limitations. Doesn't matter who's in charge. We could go gt Ancelotti and he would struggle with a transfer budget lower than some league 2 clubs I believe

18. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

Do you honestly think this squad is limited for this level mate?

We are short up front for sure but we have ridiculous quality for this level in midfield that we haven’t found a way to maximise.

Look at teams in the top half, look at their players. Don’t tell me we aren’t capable of more with this squad mate, we are massively underachieving.

It’s a combination of factors for sure, lack of ability isn’t one. We are second bottom of the league mate, we are nowhere near that short.

commachio and Makemstine Roger like this.
  19. Disco down under

Disco down under Well-Known Member

I read once that Niklaas Bendtner astounded psychologists as he was the player who had the most confidence in their ability.

When asked about why he didn't score in a certain position... The ball bounced badly. If it had bounced normally I'd have scored.

When asked about another. The keeper got lucky. If he had done what keepers usually do I'd have scored.

When asked about another. The defender fouled me. If he'd left me alone I'd have scored.

He made a **** load of excuses but never ****ing scored.

Decisions didn't cost us the win. We cost us the win.

20. Brian Storm

Well I can walk to Yorkshire from my house so makes sense we take a lot from there.