1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Goal music

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by rovertiger, Oct 1, 2024 at 9:42 AM.

1. originalminority

originalminority Well-Known Member

Sunderland don't own Wise Men Say but it's an own goal to play when they visit, they know we play it, it would be like playing the Angelic Upstarts if they score, **** em up and bang Caravan of Love on as a one off for the next home game kick off.

2. TwoWrights

TwoWrights Well-Known Member

Techman strikes again. :emoticon-0138-think

The views expressed in my posts are not necessarily mine.

rovertiger likes this.
  3. johnbo

johnbo Well-Known Member

For a full house from the home fans on Saturday i thought it was a strange atmosphere, I know the game despite us winning 4.1 had some good footballing moments but then had periods of not much happening. This seemed to filter into the crowd who reacted in the same way. I’ve been at the MKM when there as been so great atmospheres but Saturday wasn’t one of them. Something as to be done, would moving the North stand fans next to the East help?, music I don’t know until it’s tried? That’s only when there is a goal so what about the rest of the time? Is it simply down to the players to get us near the top end of the table and then would the fans respond better. Supporters should be fully behind the team at all times shouldn’t they. Like I say the crowd can really get behind the side from most parts of the stadium but it needs to be more often. I thought E10 where I sit was pretty quiet on Saturday but so was much of the East stand except the ones towards the away fans. Every game is different I suppose and like some have said many home crowds are quiet but surely have a ferocious home crowd is such a massive advantage.

4. kirkellatiger

kirkellatiger Well-Known Member

The whole approach to the build up to kick off needs a refresh rather than goal music. There’s no tension and atmosphere created and that’s in part due to the MC who has very little personality and can’t seem to get the crowd pumped up. The DJ playing house music was a good idea but hasn’t really worked.

It’s been mentioned before but the Tigers, Tigers Burning Bright track was good at building atmosphere and tension.

5. Tentotwo

Tentotwo Well-Known Member

No fan of a music after goals full stop.

The ‘atmosphere’ thing especially at home games has been done so many f’kin times certainly since I first started going to watch City back in the 70s it never ceases to amaze me how quickly many supporters soon forget those crazy scenes at times and occasions when we argued about tickets as we witnessed crazy scenes and deafening noise at home in those promotion seasons amidst the play off madness ect. Point being made here is get the football or occasion right and there is f’kall wrong with our support as history will tell you. Tim should concentrate on building a side that will get supporters exited again and the rest…as they say will take care of itself.

UTT.

Ehab's Member likes this.
  6. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

That seems so small time to me. We've sung it for all of the 26 years I've been attending and probably longer I assume. How long does it need to be before we're allowed to count it as our song?

7. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

I think the biggest difference there isn't in the organisation but the culture. We love our football here but in a very limited, dare I say negative way. We revel in the misery of it. It's sort of uncool to be positive and excitable. If someone stood at the bottom of the East stand with a megaphone trying to get chants going when we're playing poorly, people would sit there and say what the ****'s that twat doing. Maybe in Germany and other countries that would be different.

8. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

There was that one game against Burnley when Barmby was manager and we did a ticket offer where some local boys teams got a block of tickets next to the away fans, and they made loads of noise. Again I think that comes down to culture. For that group it was exciting and fun to make noise as a group, everyone in there seemed to be up for it and they bounced off each other like kids in a group do.

9. Plum

Plum Well-Known Member

If there is to be goal music each player should have his own song to go with his own goal celebration!

10. Tigerboy98

Tigerboy98 Well-Known Member

I think a big problem is the over policing of the north stand, they’re the ones that help build the atmosphere and they’re always getting told off for something.

Not allowed to stand, not allowed to wind away fans up, etc. Just let people get a bit rowdy and express themselves without threat of ejection or a ban.

11. TwoWrights

TwoWrights Well-Known Member

Don't know, I'm sure the Sunderland fans won't sing it though, oh ... :emoticon-0138-think

The views expressed in my posts are not necessarily mine.

12. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

If they want to join in with us singing our song we sing at kick off every week then great. How is it a problem?

13. balkan tiger

balkan tiger Well-Known Member

The kids would get trampled on by the dickheads running towards the away fans when we score.

14. Erik

Erik Well-Known Member

There once was a club named Hull City
    At football they were mostly quite ****ty
    They could be worse
    But they'll never be first
    So let's pray that the football is pretty

Here endeth my ditty

15. Febbos

Febbos Well-Known Member

Been a long time since I went to a home game, but I used to really enjoy this one pre game :emoticon-0111-blush

Goal music on the other hand? Nah, that's for ice hockey

16. Cityzen

Cityzen Well-Known Member

And how do you know that was not what I intended to post?

17. Ric Glasgow

Ric Glasgow Well-Known Member

Our song?:emoticon-0102-bigsm

TwoWrights likes this.
  18. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

As I said, we've sung it for decades. How long before we can consider it our song?

19. Ric Glasgow

Ric Glasgow Well-Known Member

I don't think it will ever lay claim to being 'our song',at a rough estimate it's been Sunderland's for 5 decades...

I never sing it when I come down,I don't like it and to me it's unoriginal and boring.

allowentry and TwoWrights like this.
  20. bradymk2

bradymk2 Well-Known Member

do you think theres some old dortmund fan whod refuse to sing youll never walk alone as another club sang it decades longer

PLT likes this.