1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

General Football Thread

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by Forgot_My_Lines, Aug 11, 2015.

1. General Melchett

General Melchett Well-Known Member

You're a positive poster, yet you are attacking our over priced Scots and Supers?

Bah!

2. General Melchett

Good for City, not so good for my accumulator!

Bah!

3. General Melchett

I heard Moyes was not only interested, but being touted for the job.

Bah!

4. General Melchett

On the Hooper thing, I agree with DD in so much as, if Supers stated Hooper would finish top scorer without any doubt, he was wrong. I do also agree that he was occationally predisposed to being a little condecending and appeared to value his own posts far more greatly than others. But he was a good interesting poster and contrary to what DD said also capable of a laugh and joke too.
    Back to Hooper, I too thought he would be a good buy, however he was never going to be able to shine in the systems the managers he played under played. He also wasn't as good as we thought in my opinion. Its not like he has pulled up trees at Wednesday, he is finally doing well this year, but it's been a very long time since he had a 20 goal season and as a player who offers little apart from his goals, I think that that says it all. You can blame managers for not picking him, but if he isn't doing it in training or when on the pitch, they will pick someone else.

Bah!

5. DUNCAN DONUTS

DUNCAN DONUTS SOCIAL JUSTICE WARRIOR

The over priced Jocks not playing is a positive.

I have been consistently positive with.
    a. Our youth prospects
    b. Our new style of play
    c. Our results even the 0-0 s
    d. Our chances of finishing top 6
    e. Our National side
    f. Our future as a country post Brexit

In fact I spend more than enough time squabbling with doom mongers on most of the above subjects.

Couldn't give a **** if I'm not liked on here It's a computerised football forum not real life.

6. General Melchett

I can't speak for others, but I don't dislike you at all. I enjoy your posting for the main, like others myself included at times, you can go over the top, but if no one did, ever! what a dull bloomin forum this would be.

I'm all for a good bit of positivity, but unrelenting positivity just comes across as unobjective in my humble opinion. An acid test is often, if you are the only decenting voice then maybe just maybe the others have a point. In Englands case, I just cannot comprehend that you can be happy with how we are playing and our prospects going forward under a manager so limited.
    Looking at the flip side, as you rightly say, we have qualified and done so comfortably, other sides that we would all probably trumpet as better have struggled more and even failed to qualify. Could the rest of us be a little more positive? Now yes, but not in the immediate aftermouth of watching that piss poor dross mascarading as fooball. A fully fit England side, on paper could still trouble the 1/4's or semi's, the talent is there. But not the way they're playing, I don't believe they can with this manager.

Bah!

7. DUNCAN DONUTS

I hope England win the World cup playing horrible disjointed negative football in front of a global audience of billions ,Inspiring a generation of children to go outside and do something more constructive than watching 22 blokes kicking an air filled sphere around surrounded by digital boards advertising credit cards and disgusting junk food.

8. 1950canary

1950canary Well-Known Member

How quickly you forget people who regularly posted but now have disappeared or become irregular visitors to the site. Supers, Tony, RBF , Rich, Cruyff, Carrabuh to name but a few. I must be honest and say that I only tend to visit the site when I am in the UK and tend to forget about it when I am back home in France and I suspect that lately a lot of other ex-pats are the same. A while ago we had regular contributors in Denmark, Sweden, Gambia, Thai, China - again to name a few - but that has ebbed. Is it a loss of interest in NCFC, a loss of interest in English football, a loss of interest in the UK? I remember when the old BBC '606' folded looking back a couple of years later and thinking ' whatever happened to him ' and the same applies if you look back to earlier threads on here. It seems to be like Pubs nowadays - you lose existing customers but don't pick up many new ones.

JM Fan and canary-dave like this.
  9. DUNCAN DONUTS

We are the Wetherspoons of the Internet.
    Inhabited by bitter middle aged men staring at the little metal condiments holder with sad dead eyes ,nursing a pint in a soulless vacuum, waiting for the sweet release of death .

:cheesy:

10. General Melchett

More relentless positivity :emoticon-0140-rofl:

Bah!

11. DUNCAN DONUTS

It's a poem <whistle>

12. General Melchett

In that case <rose><rose><rose><rose><rose>

Bah!

DUNCAN DONUTS likes this.
  13. 1950canary

Or in my case the ageing French Bar Drinker of the Internet
    Inhabited by grumpy old men staring at the arse of the waitress with lustful eyes recalling past adventures, nursing a Pastis whilst enjoying the warm autumn sunshine, waiting for the wife to pick him up and take him home for his evening meal.

A bit of positivity General before I head to Gatwick for a plane to take me home tonight. Back to Bar Magnan tomorrow!!

ncgandy and DUNCAN DONUTS like this.
  14. DUNCAN DONUTS

I don't drink in Wetherspoons it was a metaphor ...<ok>

15. 1950canary

In my case it was a self portrait!!

16. DUNCAN DONUTS

Ask the waitress to join not606 we could do with some estrogen on here.

17. canary-dave

canary-dave Well-Known Member

If only to learn how to spell it! :police:

18. Walsh.i.am

Walsh.i.am Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Too true. Similarly RvW.
    Hooper cost about £5-6m from Celtic and RvW we all know about <yikes>
    But the managers / coaches at the time tried to get them to fit into an established style of playing, whereas in my view, if you're going to invest money in an 'off the shoulder, penalty box' type of striker and make no real attempt to mould the team around him / them, then surely it's doomed to fail?
    We carried on with a fairly religious 4-2-3-1 - which is far more Jerome's kind of game than it ever was (or will be) Hooper or RvW's <ok>

19. goldeneadie

goldeneadie Well-Known Member

Oi, what about me in the Philippines? I am basically a glass half full by nature so I tend to go with the flow until it al goes tits up. Consequently most of my posts are boring.

20. canary-dave

canary-dave Well-Known Member