1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

General Election 4th July ...

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Smug in Boots, May 22, 2024.

1. rooch 3

rooch 3 Well-Known Member

I hope they’ve changed, as that is exactly what my Labour MP mate did, kicked his friendship into touch after 3 months.

2. Grizzled Wanderer

Grizzled Wanderer Well-Known Member

I think it all starts with getting good constituency MPs. Less likely to be in it just for the money.

vic9 and FellTop like this.
  3. FellTop

FellTop Well-Known Member

This is fundamental in my opinion. I get the sense these days however we vote more for the leaders than we do policy at either local or national level.

Topic of conversation over our sunday dinner yesterday. Argument over why my oldest refuses to vote - he says he thinks none of them offer his generation anything. Mum said vote for the local candidate you think best able to represent us at Westminster. He asked her to name them and their local policies. Silence. I went to wash the pots <laugh>

4. Smug in Boots

Smug in Boots Well-Known Member

5. Saf

Saf Not606 Godfather+NOT606 Poster of the year 2023

6. Smug in Boots

In the recent manifesto Rishi Sunak has promised a process to level up the North, finish HS2, build forty new hospitals, stop the boats, bring down NHS waiting lists, grow the economy, reduce national debt, deliver Brexit and bring back professionalism and integrity to the government then reintroduce national service ...

... these radical new policies are unlike anything seen during the last 14 years of Tory rule.

I'm beginning to think about having a bet on them winning, what are the odds?

7. Blond Bombshell

Blond Bombshell Well-Known Member

Looks like Liz taxi has been ordered...

https://news.sky.com/story/liz-trus...-to-cast-ballots-on-her-record-as-pm-13157398

8. COYCS

COYCS Well-Known Member

It's become obvious that with out raising taxes, whoever win will need money for the promises the are making.
    Liz Truss, failed quickly because she want to tax and spend. Her problem was she wanted to spend before raising the money.

It appears to me there is an undertone for radical change which can be seen in some poster, posts.
    I can assure you, whoever wins the next election, just as l did with Brexit, respect the will of the people.

9. Saf

10. rooch 3

rooch 3 Well-Known Member

Saf likes this.

11. Smug in Boots

All kinds of politicians are all kinds of things but she's the only one that I believe has serious issues in her mind ...

... there's something just not quite right about her imo.

The intelligentsia of the Tory party thought fit to anoint her PM which possibly indicates how compos mentis that lot are. If anyone can bear to sit through this it might explain better than I can ...

Last edited: Jun 24, 2024 at 7:32 PM
    Blond Bombshell and DH4 like this.
  12. DH4

DH4 Well-Known Member

I have said it before but the woman is clearly insane, just watch any clip of her. Mad as a pan of crabs :emoticon-0102-bigsm

13. Grizzled Wanderer

Grizzled Wanderer Well-Known Member

She's as big a crackpot as Truss, just in a different way. Broken by Brexit.

Saf and vic9 like this.
  14. Nonsense Potter

Nonsense Potter Well-Known Member

I've voted every time I've been eligible to...this will be the first time I don't vote and im not sure I'll ever vote again tbh. Covid/lockdown was the last straw for me. If you don't get a single dissenting voice from a party you can vote for, in that scenario, then I don't think there is actually any choice. Its the illusion of choice. They are all basically the same. Starmer will get in, nothing will change...inevitable scandel ensues cos they are ALL on the gravy train...outrage...election... REPEAT.

COYCS, rooch 3, FellTop and 1 other person like this.
  15. vic9

vic9 Well-Known Member

Broken by something she tried to break :emoticon-0148-yes:

16. Nig

Nig Well-Known Member

14 years :emoticon-0148-yes:

Montysoptician likes this.
  17. Saf

The leader of France's far-right National Rally party has highlighted his party's plans to tackle the cost of living crisis while targeting immigration and law and order, with the promise "we are ready" to rule.

Jordan Bardella, 28, told voters ahead of the first round of parliamentary elections this Sunday that National Rally was "the only credible alternative" to respond to France's aspirations.

He is hoping to be France's next prime minister if National Rally becomes the biggest party in the National Assembly, as opinion polls suggest.

As well as expelling foreign criminals, his party wants to restrict immigration by abolishing the right of nationality - droit du sol - for anyone who has lived on French soil for at least five years from the age of 11 to 18.

Opinion polls put National Rally (RN) several points clear of the left-wing New Popular Front. President Emmanuel Macron's centrist party, Renew, was behind in third place, after he responded to RN's European election victory earlier this month by calling the snap election.

The vote will be held over two rounds, on 30 June and 7 July.

But polls suggest National Rally could fall short of an absolute majority of 289 seats in the 577-seat National Assembly.

The three leading groups go head to head on Tuesday in a TV debate pitting Mr Bardella against Prime Minister Gabriel Attal and Manuel Bompard for the New Popular Front. Mr Attal has already ridiculed RN's economic plans as a disaster.

President Macron warned in a podcast that the plans of the "two extremes" would lead to "civil war" - both those of National Rally and France Unbowed, which forms a big part of the four-party leftist alliance.

While he said that National Rally was divisive because it reduced people to a religion or ethnicity, the far left was little different because it split France into separate communities.

Laying out his nationalist credentials, Mr Bardella said that the most sensitive of jobs in defence and security would be limited to French citizens, barring dual nationals.

The welfare budget would be cut under a programme of national priority that would limit social spending to French citizens, he added. This would probably contravene France's constitution, so Mr Bardella said if necessary he would push it through with a referendum.

18. Bob the Mackem

Bob the Mackem Well-Known Member

Do you know him? Have you ever met him? Or are you just another sheep who believes everything in the scum media.
    He will bring our country back from the brink.

19. TopCat_

TopCat_ Well-Known Member

Farage is a racist ****. Those are the facts. He's reeling people of a certain generation in by playing on their fears about immigration and "lefty culture".
    He's a horrific human being .

TopClub, Nig, safc-noggieland and 7 others like this.
  20. TopCat_

TopCat_ Well-Known Member

Said this for years - Tories aren't normal people. They aren't capable of just being normal. Whether it's May robotting onto the stage, or Gove clapping like a drunk seal, or Truss and her pork markets. They have no connection with the average working man or woman, they are (for the most part) privileged, self-serving etonian robots