1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Frank as interim - What do we think?

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Bodinki, Apr 6, 2023.

1. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

I mean....pfft, might as well have kept Potter on till the end of the season if we were gonna do this, or even Bruno Salter.
    The seasons a write off anyway, unless we can do Real in the CL, which we wont, we'll get slapped regardless.

2. Chelsea Pensioner

Chelsea Pensioner Well-Known Member

Who knows?? Frank couldn't be worse than Potter and Brunos' never had a go at Managing and seems to have been shafted by Boehly after 1 game, so get the maximum payout you can Bruno, go lay on a beach for the summer and good luck, you're well out of this shambles.
    Maybe Frank can resurrect Lazarus , but half the team have never met him. Hope Frank is on a huge payout. This smacks of the short termism that Boehly seems to like.
    Here's a tip for Frank from a big admirer. Play Aubamayang a proper striker, what we haven't had since Potter. Depend on those you know can do the job. Don't play Boehly' duds because they are on big salaries, you know the difference between show ponies, inexperienced players, out of form players and true pros.
    Good luck. I think something good might happen, even though we will be put on the rack by Real.
    Frank is not the way forward, but might just be the best way to start to make the players understand what a Team Chelsea was and needs to become again.

3. BobbyD

BobbyD President

no. I'm not expecting much from frank, didn't do great for us, did even worse at everton. He doesn't have any tactics and he can't organise a defence.

Good luck to him

4. Gareth1808

Gareth1808 Well-Known Member

Doesn’t fill me with delight but it does make sense to me. The mistake we made at the start of the season was sacking Tuchel a few days after the transfer window and hiring someone who had no time to work with a squad he didn’t know.

Nothing left to play for this season but it gives us time to get the right person in next season with a full pre season, with what is realistically an excellent squad, especially with the additions of Nkunku and Gusto.

Our league games we’ve got left are tough and I don’t expect we’ll get many points but we’re bang in mid table anyway so we’ll finish about where we are now.

5. The Ginger Marks

I remember that being said about Roberto D Mateo:emoticon-0104-surpr

Bristol Blue likes this.
  6. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

Roberto Di Matteo had Didier Drogba, Frank Lampard and John Terry
    Frank has Kai Havertz, Mason Mount and Koulibaly

Bristol Blue likes this.
  7. Bullet tooth Tony

Bullet tooth Tony Well-Known Member

Frank may have JT and AC as assistants some are saying, can only hope it happens.

8. Chelsea Pensioner

Franks' also got Ziyech, Cuccerella and Pulisic !!!!!!!!

Bodinki likes this.
  9. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

Oh we are saved then <laugh>

10. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Please don't sack him before we play you.

That is all.

11. Chelsea Pensioner

How long have we got????

12. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

lol

About 10 days I think.

13. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

I watched you against Real last night. You played well until the goal but it all boiled down to the same problem - no one to score the goals.

Fwiw I think playing Sterling was the right decision. He at least can play in that final third and can score goals. But he needs others getting forward and draw away defenders otherwise he'll end up down cul de sacs.

At 1-0 you were still in it. Maybe you still are, but without the goals you may as well be 2-0 as 4-0 imo. Fck it play Auba, he at least has some experience against Real and done well against them scoring and assisting for Barca.

14. TheBear

TheBear Well-Known Member

I thought you guys looked improved against Real. Just a tough team to beat.

Bodinki likes this.
  15. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

Dont get me wrong, we have played poor on many occasions this season, but the issue is, even when we play well, we still cannot seem to frickin score!!
    We didnt get trounced by Real last night, it was a respectable result, especially after we went down to 10 men, but we still cant put it away and thats just a recipe for disaster.

16. Gareth1808

Gareth1808 Well-Known Member

All I keep hearing is it’s not over as it’s only 2-0. Have they watched us play over the last few weeks? We haven’t scored a goal in 61 shots, what makes them think we’ll get 2 in a game against arguably the worlds best?

Out of the games left, the only two we might not lose are Bournemouth away and Forest at home. Cant see us getting points in any others.

17. Bwood_Ranger

Bwood_Ranger 2023 Funniest Poster

Made me chuckle anyway.

BobbyD likes this.
  18. Chelsea Pensioner

On form you are quite correct, you'd only put money on us getting points in 2 matches.
    We've now lost Koulibaly for a couple of weeks too, meaning Cucurella will get more game time?
    Not looking great, but you never know, someone might actually score !!!

19. Bristol Blue

Bristol Blue Well-Known Member

I think that Todd Boehley is going to end up with the full wrath of pretty irate supporters if things don’t start going right on the pitch very soon. No way will the supporters turn on Frank Lampard, another error by Todd Boehley and Co.

Treble likes this.
  20. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

I don't get any of it. Don't know how else to put it, where do you start! The recruitment, the sacking of Tuchel. And then Potter, ok he wasn't getting the best out of your forwards but why sack him to bring in Lampard??

Boehley genuinely looks absolutely clueless and seems to have no one around him capable of advising him properly or capable of running the footballing side of things.