1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Frank as interim - What do we think?

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Bodinki, Apr 6, 2023.

1. Bristol Blue

Bristol Blue Well-Known Member

Obviously, it all started with the British government confiscating the club from Abramovich. I’m no lawyer but I’m sure the confiscation was illegal under international law. Then the club ends up with it’s heart being ripped out losing Petr Czech, Tuchel, Marina etc. Boehley then brings in some great players and probably now wonders why the results aren’t coming because he didn’t realize the difference between baseball and ‘soccer’. Baseball - buy the best players and you’ll win stuff, in football players can take a few seasons to gell and play as a team.

As for not having a striker, we should be getting goals from every outfield player on the pitch given their ability - but they don’t play as a team and struggle in the final third.

2. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Even with the change of ownership, I remember when Abramovich came in (clearly wasn't a football man) he brought in Kenyon to run the football side of things. I've got no idea who Boehly has, but whereas Abramovich was happy to let others take control of that side of things, it seems like Boehly has his hands on everything and that's the mistake here.

With regards to a striker, I agree about goals from elsewhere. Having said that I'm sure once you do get a decent striker in the summer the whole team will click. I fully expect you to be back at the top next season, your squad is already way ahead of all but two of the top 7/8 clubs.

Bristol Blue likes this.
  3. Bristol Blue

…….yep, we could ‘be back at the top’ - the top of the Championship. We’ve got true relegation form at the moment and I don’t know where the next win and 3 Premiership points is going to come from.

4. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

The way the womens team is mopping up all the trophies, maybe we should stick Emma Hayes in charge of the mens team, she couldn't do much worse <laugh>

5. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

No I think in terms of the squad you're almost complete. Get a couple of decent CF's in and you're back at the top (meaning top 4).

You should've stuck with Potter, got the summer transfers, and trimmed the squad ready for next season. Having said that you'll have your pick of managers to choose from.

6. Chelsea Pensioner

Chelsea Pensioner Well-Known Member

Potter had to go because he's not got the experience of managing a Club with Clowns for owners. He "bought into" Boehleys chaotic "long term plan" of the Manager being pert of the Management of the Club, a very big mistake. Tuchel said "no way, I manage the Team, not the Club" and was sacked.
    Boehlys' biggest mistake. Then he started throwing money around like a demented whirlwind, bringing in players unsuited for whatever style Potter had in mind, plus totally destroying the wages status quo, the spirit and then the soul of the Club. Total wasted so far, above half a Billion.
    Potter faced with having to play at least 7 if not more players totally unsuited to his style, could not do the job. Possibly he should have got until seasons end, but it was inevitable.
    Already Frank is starting to look and sound like Potter with his talk of "hard work" being the only way forward. It isn't, organisation and a vision is.
    We need significantly better football brains than Boehlys' at the top of the Club, That wouldn't be difficult because Boehly has none.
    We need a Manager with experience, guts, and a proven record running the Team. There aren't many available, so choose wisely. With Boehly calling the shots, that probably won't happen because he wouldn't know a good manager if he was kicked in the bollocks by one.
    First job getting rid of duds now earning salaries miles beyond their abilities.
    Second job, loaning the players with talent not ready for 1st Team places.
    Thirdly bring in players for our weak positions, let's start with striker ?? One is not enough, we need two. Same with Enzo, he is a kid, and will burn out like Mount did if overplayed.
    Fourth, reinstall our Team spirit and will to win.

Bristol Blue and Bodinki like this.
  7. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

Agree with this. Been saying it since Potter was sacked, the next permanent manager next season needs to be a big name, with proven class and a big rep.
    Needs to be Enrique, Zidane, Ancelotti, Mourinho, Simeone someone of that ilk.
    We dont need no ****ing kids with no experience for a "long term project". We need someone who can come in and kick these players up the arse and show these players what a real manager is, and someone who can tell Boehly to sit down and shut the **** up and let them manage the team.
    We dont need Lampard, we dont need Nagelsmann and we dont need no other mediocre 40 year olds who have never won a trophy.

Bristol Blue likes this.
  8. Bristol Blue

Apparently, Luis Enrique wanted the Chelsea job but Boehley chose Frankie Lampard instead. Enrique would have been the perfect choice in my opinion.

9. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

That can't be true. I know he's been a bit stupid, but I don't think that's remotely possible. The problem is he's become such a joke recently anything rumoured like this sounds possible.

10. Bristol Blue

…….well, 4 losses from 4 games by Boehley’s new appointment as interim Chelsea manager says it all. I just hope we’ve got enough points already to stay in the Premiership because I really can’t see us getting much from our remaining Premiership games. Our best hope for 3 points looks like our home game against Nottingham Forest.

11. Bullet tooth Tony

Bullet tooth Tony Well-Known Member

Lampard is the worst caretaker since Ian Huntley.

12. Chelsea Pensioner

On a hiding to nothing from the start. Not enough experience to deal with the basket case the Club has become, and far too many dispirited, unhappy , puzzled players of dubious ability to sort out for the Clowns that created the problem.
    Very surprised that Luis Enrique has been ruled out, of all the others mentioned, he seemed the best fit to me.
    Don't have a lot of hope that Bozo Boehly and his troupe of Clowns will get the right man in, or that the right man would want the job anyway.

Bristol Blue and Bodinki like this.
  13. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

They are gonna go and get ****ing Nagelsmann, I can feel it already.
    Which is another bogus move for me.

I wanted Enrique too, but if he is out, then I want Zidane.
    Mourinho or Ancelotti I would take back, but they both look settled in their roles at the moment.

14. Super_Chelsea_Blue_Boys

Super_Chelsea_Blue_Boys Well-Known Member

It’s a funny one. Every manager coming in knows they’re going to have a near vertical task, never mind uphill.
    Will they really get the chance and backing they deserve? Apparently Boehly has been in the dressing room after the Real Madrid match and gave them a bollocking. Who the **** wants that?

Pochettino has been touted as the next coach too. That’s another bad idea.

15. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

I'd prefer Poch, marginally, to Nagelsmann, purely because Poch has managed in the PL before at two other clubs, and has a decent record here, and knows the league and its style a lot better.
    He would still be far from my first choice though.

16. Gareth1808

Gareth1808 Well-Known Member

Nagelsmann ruled out now apparently. Surprised to see Kompany on the final shortlist, that one isn’t going to happen surely....

I think it’ll be Pochettino, wouldn’t have been my first choice but I wouldn’t be opposed to it. Did make Spurs very watchable when he was there at least, we’re the complete opposite of that right now.

17. Bristol Blue

…….writing of watchability - masses of tickets available on the club’s ticket exchange for the Brentford game. Amazing for what is a local derby. Boehley and Co have crashed the club - no doubt about that, and will Pochettino want to take the poison chalice that is now the Chelsea manager job?

18. Chelsea Pensioner

Kompany would be ridiculous. We shouldn't be having our heads turned for the toughest job in world Club football by an inexperienced manager of an ordinary Club who has had one very good year in charge.
    Perhaps any new Manager will be clever enough to write in a Boehly "no go" list that will keep Bozo out of all things to do with the Team ??

19. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

I think it would be a worse move for Kompany than it would for Chelsea. I don't see why Poch wouldn't be a good appointment. As long as he comes in strong and everyone knows he's in charge you should do well under him.

20. Chelsea Pensioner

I hope, like Nagelman and Tuchel, Poch will refuse the job Boehly is offering, where Bozo runs the show and the Manager becomes part of Managing the Club as well. Instead Poch needs to insist on a " No Boehly " clause and be guaranteed absolutely no interference from the Troupe of Clowns who have destroyed the Club. He's in a great position to get that accepted, since no one else is up to or wants the job.
    If not, Pochettino is both a fool and certain to be gone by Christmas.
    I don't think he's a fool, but equally I don't think he has anywhere near the qualities of Luiz Enrique, or especially Carlo Ancelotti.They are both big time, long term winners, maybe also Jose', but he's high maintenance. Neither would take the bollocks and bullshit delivered by Bozo and the Troupe, but would sort out both the Team and the image of the Club.

Bristol Blue and Treble like this.