1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Frank as interim - What do we think?

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Bodinki, Apr 6, 2023.

1. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

I think both points are spot on. He needs Boehly to stay out of the footballing side of things. And he needs to be in control of the dressing room with players well in line.

2. Bristol Blue

Bristol Blue Well-Known Member

‘Bozo’ Boehley - a fitting epithet. :emoticon-0137-clapp Poch will be the best fit in my opinion as he’s Argentinian and a Spanish speaker - he should be able to get the best out of our Argentinian World Cup star that is Enzo and the rest of our Spanish speaking players.

3. Chelsea Pensioner

Chelsea Pensioner Well-Known Member

Agree that Poch is the best man that's available and wants the job. He needs to get some steel capped boots on and start kicking arses quickly and hard, starting with the Owners.The two blokes we hired as football overseers appear to have experience and knowledge, so there's hope if Boehly et al can be kept in the Directors Box with loads of Pizza, burgers and root beer to keep them happy. Maybe install a direct feed of a baseball game to keep their minds off becoming Football Managers??

Anyway, Franks the man now, so I hope he can get his set ups better and get this rabble sorted. Time for a win and a few goals.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2023
  4. Bullet tooth Tony

Bullet tooth Tony Well-Known Member

No one can fix what is wrong at our club at the moment and it will not be fixed until the transfer market opens again regardless who the manager or coach should be. There is absolutely nothing wrong with our defence only behind The Barcodes and Citeh and amazingly better than L'Arse currently. The sad bit is there are only four teams that have scored less. We do not have a recognised striker/goal scorer, It's not like we are not creating chances, indeed we created 28, a record I think in a particular game that we failed to score in. The current problem has been an underlying fault we have had for a couple of years now, the last proper striker to play for us was given the boot by Conte' I'd chew my own arm off for a player of his ilk now.

5. Chelsea Pensioner

Interesting that Pochettino is now engaged in " talks to clarify his role, authority and responsibilities at Chelsea, relative to the owners " according to several members of the Press.
    I take it that means getting a cast iron guarantee that Bozo Boehly and the Clowns stay well out of the running of the Team including visits to the dressing rooms.??
    He's in an even stronger position now Spurs have done a "Chelsea" and sacked their part time manager too. Spurs fans clamouring for Poch to rejoin them only helps Poch get what he wants and needs, before taking on the fruit cake mixture that is CFC.

Diego and Bristol Blue like this.
  6. Bristol Blue

Bristol Blue Well-Known Member

“Bozo Boehly and the Clowns” make President Joe ‘sleepy’ Biden look wide awake and competent. :emoticon-0140-rofl:

Diego likes this.
  7. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

I am finding it surprisingly comforting that Poch is holding talks to clarify his role before he signs, because it sounds like he doesnt want to walk in to the **** show Potter found himself in, whereby we have some clueless yank wandering into the dressing room to dress down the players, when even our boot boys have likely forgotten more about football than Boehly will ever know.
    I hope, if its gonna be Poch, he is given the freedom to manage the team as he pleases and is able to sign a damn striker in the summer.
    If we can achieve those two things, then I might hold some optimism for next season.
    Say what you will about Roman, he did interfere, and he did make some mistakes, but most of the time he learnt from them and surrounded himself with people who knew football like Cech. Hopefully Beohly will learn too and we can put these early years down to his over enthusiastic american outlook.

BobbyD likes this.
  8. Chelsea Pensioner

Looks as if we need to look at our medics and conditioners too. Reece James out all rest of season with hamstring and Mount same with stomach muscle surgery.
    This is after Frank has said the Team was not as fit as he expected. Something is not right, another example of needing to be on top of our game in every department.

9. CFC: Champs £launderx17

We've had terrible injuries for years. Youth team upwards

They need to get on to this fast before RJ becomes another RLC

10. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

Reece James' constant injuries are a concern.
    He seems to miss half of every season with injury.
    This does need to be looked at. Whether its the player, the medical staff or what, to be injured so much is abnormal.

11. CFC: Champs £launderx17

All the youth players CHO, RLC, have bad injuries

12. CFC: Champs £launderx17

Really agree with this CP

We need 2 or 3 new strikers. And build pivot around Enzo with Enzo 2 as Kova and Kante are sick notes

13. Gareth1808

Gareth1808 Well-Known Member

Worst Chelsea manager in my lifetime. Outstanding player I’m sure we’ll all agree but blimey, he doesn’t know how to manage a football team.

Bullet tooth Tony likes this.
  14. Naas Blue

Naas Blue Well-Known Member

Chelsea at the moment is a basket case. Thank feck we have 39 points because i don't think there is a worse team in the prem at the moment than us.

Bristol Blue likes this.
  15. BobbyD

BobbyD President

oh how prophetic although not hard though, he's terrible lol

Bristol Blue likes this.
  16. Chelsea Pensioner

He can't select a decent team either,Sterling has been in most of his teams and been the worst player / hauled off in every game. What's not to understand Frank ??
    He also played Kovacic, Dave, Kante, Gallagher all of them on the sell list. Why ??? All he's doing is reducing their value, as they all struggle in this shocking mess of a Team Boehly has created. I'd back our women's team to beat Franks line up,
    Frank has surely now damaged his own career too, whatever reputation he had as a Manager is now shot.
    I feel for Frank though, he came in and tried to help, but is being overwhelmed by the size and depth of the problem. If he quits it will be a bad look, if he stays he is unlikely to make a difference.
    Might be time to cut our losses and play more of the fringe players, though difficult with our coming games.
    What a bloody mess, and poor Franks' landed himself in the worst job in football.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2023
  17. Bullet tooth Tony

Playing Kante as a right sided midfielder come wing back is criminal, Kante is the best central midfielder at the club and one of the best in the league. He should have played behind Enzo and Kova as cover for the defence and let the other two push on to try and score. Playing Kante wide is pretty silly and shows lack of understanding the game.

Naas Blue and Diego like this.
  18. Bullet tooth Tony

You need a goal and he brings on a centre back and a defensive midfielder and has Chalobah and Dave as wingbacks. Just absolutely appalling management. Loved Lampard as a player but as a manager he has to be the worst manager I’ve ever seen.

Diego likes this.
  19. Chelsea Pensioner

His selections are simply terrible. Dave had an awful game and is sadly past his best by some distance. Fofana was also really poor, he can't pass at all. He's not nearly as good a player as Chalobah so far. RLC looked dangerous and was pulled for who ?? Pulisic ?? Koulibaly ??Pleeease!! Sterling again counters what good work he does with terrible passing and loose play. Lewis Hall is a very good young player.
    Nevertheless , we did create plenty of chances against a half- throttle City, so the Team is a bit better than a month ago.

20. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

We need a point against you to secure Top 4.

Typical draw between us would do.

And sod's law I still think you'll find your form and beat us lol