1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Europe

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Billy Death, Oct 1, 2017.

1. Billy Death

Billy Death Well-Known Member

Are we out yet?

2. Brian Storm

Brian Storm Well-Known Member

No,Tories are ****ing it up though.

3. red&white wanderer

red&white wanderer Well-Known Member

Think the remoaners , opposition parties and the EU in Brussels are all messing up the UK's future . We are comming up short again <doh>

4. Jack TheLad

Jack TheLad Well-Known Member

May struggling like **** to reign in the moron that is Boris Johnson.

Brian Storm likes this.
  5. Burly Hurley

Burly Hurley Well-Known Member

Still early days yet.

6. Brian Storm

See giacc's post. <ok>

'Remoaners' are just exercising their liberty. They have the right to free speech and referendums are not legally binding, They've every right to challenge it every single step of the way. If May can't deal with democracy it's further evidence of her incapability to not only handle Brexit but to lead the country too.

7. rooch 3

rooch 3 Well-Known Member

So what you are saying is they can challenge it until there is another referendum and if the vote is still out they can challenge it until there is another referendum and if the vote is still out they can and so on and so on. The vote was out so as far as i'me concerned the remainers can do one they lost except and move on or you will be a grandad and you will still be challenging it.<ok>

8. gelders pie

gelders pie Well-Known Member

Not yet, but I reckon Merkel will score the winning penalty in the 1/4s

9. Brian Storm

No, I'm saying it's their right to challenge it every step of the way, not that it's their right to get another referendum out it. If they get another referendum out of it more fool the Tories imo, after all, it was their(Tories) decision to leave, they should stand by it. It's dressed up as the people of Britain decided but what the public did was a glorified poll. Tories had every right to what they wanted. They chose to leave ultimately. I respect that they did as I respect the referendum result and I voted to remain, they need to stand by it and do a good job.

Every person has the right to stand up for their beliefs, imo how a government deals with that if it gathers enough momentum to directly effect politics, reflects on their leadership. Remains to be seen how this plays out but knowing the Tories they'll either fold and do another referendum or it will result in riots a few years down the line when the effects of their inevitable ****s really starts to effect the country. Can you tell I don't like Tories.<laugh>

rooch 3 likes this.
  10. red&white wanderer

I know it's a democratic right to oppose the referendum result but it's equally my democratic right to support Brexit which I voted for -mainly to take back control of our judicial system in the future. I just see any opposition to Brexit flying in the face of the democratic referendum result. But we are still lucky to live in a democracy -vis a vis Catalonia -horrendous police action.

11. Brian Storm

Sounds like a case of some aspects of democracy suit you while other aspects of it doesn't. Cake and eat it man.

12. red&white wanderer

Yes it seem thats how democracy works - good and bad results.
    Mainly poor with Sunderland AFC in my lifetime mind <doh>

13. DAPARKERSAFC

DAPARKERSAFC Well-Known Member

You'll know when we are out.... you know when the economy totally collapses, business flee the UK like rats from a drowning ship and the evil Tories squeeze every last penny out of the working man.

And all for what. Because we gave a vote to every racist and bigot in the country on an issue that their tiny little minds couldn't understand.

"Coz ov tha immagruntz innit"

Indeed!

14. Billy Death

Billy Death Well-Known Member

So everyone who voted out is a racist bigot?
    Seriously? Is that what you're saying?

15. rooch 3

rooch 3 Well-Known Member

Sounds like it.<doh>

Mackem-Tiz and Makemstine Roger like this.
  16. Burly Hurley

Burly Hurley Well-Known Member

Wow!

17. thefanwithnoname

thefanwithnoname Well-Known Member

Had this discussion with my father in law who voted leave for the same reason, taking control of judicial system, and when we got into the nitty gritty of it the judicial system wasn't in any danger.

I personally couldn't give a monkeys whether we remain or leave as I think the issues are not in Europe but at home and our politicians have been ****ing us for years with their incompetence

However the more on more I look into it the arguments such as control are based on untruths from what I know.

Could be wrong and not here to cause trouble :emoticon-0148-yes:

Nordic likes this.
  18. red&white wanderer

You're not causing any trouble we all have views on this for right and wrong. To be honest so many lies from both sides of argument were spouted and I don't believe anyone truly knows the details of Brexit -hence negotiations . imo think the negative arguments of some objectors are undermining the process. We need more positive objections and the EU to get to serious detail instead of vagueness. It's operating in a climate of fear on both sides atm.

thefanwithnoname likes this.
  19. QWOP

QWOP Well-Known Member

Due to a load of bullshit on both sides I lost interest pretty quickly. Regardless, the country is presently a basket case and those in charge are inept at best. With better leaders/negotiators I think we can make a good go of this. Sadly, my fears of incompetence, appear to be coming the fruition.

20. Brian Storm

He clearly didn't say that.

He said bigots were given a vote. not everybody who voted a certain way are bigots.