1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

England World Cup Squad

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Irish Tiger, Apr 29, 2014.

1. Irish Tiger

Irish Tiger Member

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/27211179

No Davies, Huddlestone, or Livermore then. How can he say that he will not judge them on form during the last couple of games. Davies has been one of the most outstanding defenders in the league this season. We will do better in Europe than England do in the world cup. :steam:

2. Spanner82

Spanner82 Well-Known Member

the fact that smalling and cleverley have a chance to go to the world cup is ****ing mental

3. WhittlingStick

WhittlingStick Well-Known Member

From what i heard in the interview it did sound that ANY changes will be because of form over the last few months not these next couple of weeks , doesnt mean anyone is currently out , or in really.

4. Tuckin

Tuckin Well-Known Member

Exactly.

5. Irish Tiger

Irish Tiger Member

Do you honestly think he will select Davies after consistantly ignoring him all season. He along with others in his clique are heavily biased towards the bigger clubs.

Can anyone explain to us why any United player deserves a place other than Rooney?

6. Tuckin

Tuckin Well-Known Member

Someone said on 5 Live that Hodgson had told him he's picked his 23 already, which I can believe. But there are always injuries.

7. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

8. Tuckin

Tuckin Well-Known Member

This is what I reckon he'll go for - I've just got a bad feeling Barkley will miss out:

Goalkeepers: Fraser Forster (Celtic), Ben Foster (West Bromwich Albion), Joe Hart (Manchester City).

Defenders: Leighton Baines (Everton), Gary Cahill (Chelsea), Phil Jagielka (Everton), Glen Johnson (Liverpool), Phil Jones (Manchester United), Luke Shaw (Southampton), Chris Smalling (Manchester United), Kyle Walker (Tottenham Hotspur).

Midfielders: Michael Carrick (Manchester United), Steven Gerrard (Liverpool), Jordan Henderson (Liverpool), Adam Lallana (Southampton), James Milner (Manchester City), Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain (Arsenal), Raheem Sterling (Liverpool), Jack Wilshere (Arsenal).

Forwards: Rickie Lambert (Southampton), Wayne Rooney (Manchester United), Daniel Sturridge (Liverpool), Daniel Welbeck (Manchester United).

Standby: John Ruddy (Norwich City), Steven Caulker (Cardiff City), Frank Lampard (Chelsea), Ross Barkley (Everton), Jermain Defoe (Toronto FC).

9. cityhull

cityhull Well-Known Member

Can't see him taking Jones, Smalling & Walker. There is no need for Walker as the other 2 can cover RB

I think you are about spot on although it will be a toss up between Cole/Shaw and he will take Lampard/Barkley over Walker

10. Tuckin

Tuckin Well-Known Member

I hope he does leave Walker at home and take another midfielder.

Then agin, I hope he does a lot of things he hasn't done and will not do.

11. Davies Headband

Davies Headband Well-Known Member

Hold on, you're saying 3 Hull City players should go with us in 13th, but only 1 Man United player should go with them in 7th? How does that work?

I think you've got it about right there, I though I think Caulker and Barkley will both go over Carrick and Smalling.

Davies has been good for us, very good in fact. But I'm still not 100% convinced that he's good enough to go to a World Cup. I think he's in a similar bracket to players like Shawcross, Williamson, Ward that their own fans really rate them but not so much around the rest of the league.

12. Steven Toast

Steven Toast Well-Known Member

I don't think I've ever met anybody who has really rated Iron Mike, whether you follow Newcastle or not. He's a bit **** and shouldn't be in the same bracket as Davies or Shawcross. Even so, from what I've seen over the course of the season, Davies should be better placed for an England call up than Caulker, but neither should be going to the World Cup and I highly doubt they will.

13. Kempton

Kempton Well-Known Member

We'll definitely not make it past the group stage anyway ! Davies or no Davies....

14. Amin Yapusi

Amin Yapusi Well-Known Member

I'd swap Carrick for Lampard, possibly Smalling for Lescott, and I think that will probably be the squad. I'd be happy with it too.

I'd also prefer Andy Carroll ahead of Lambert. Carroll is better in the air and the only time him or Lambert should be on the pitch is when our normal game isn't working and we need something different to mix it up.

15. Charlie1

Charlie1 Well-Known Member

I gave up on watching/hoping/caring about our national team years ago. A succession of mediocre managers, poor team selection/tactics and a clueless hierarchy that is the FA made it impossible to really be interested except a passing meh every now and again.

16. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

Bit plastic. Why is it acceptable to to have this attitude towards the national team but not at club level?

Regarding the squad. Why is it generally accepted that we should take one RB and load of **** CBs like Smalling who can also play RB? No one says the same about LB. Everyone agrees we should take two of those so why not RBs?

17. Tuckin

Tuckin Well-Known Member

I'd say it's partly because Jones and Smalling (if he's taking them - not saying I would) have plenty of experience there, and partly because Walker has had an injury-plagued and frankly ropey season and he's not exactly demanding selection. The outstanding RBs in the Premier League this season have been non-English.

None of the CBs who are going are left-footed (Lescott being our of favour), and there's no midfielder either who could fill in there, so two LBs is a must.

18. Charlie1

Charlie1 Well-Known Member

Surely being a bit plastic would be not only not supporting England but say supporting another national team that is better than ours for that reason. I don't do that. I am just apathetic about them.

19. Amin Yapusi

Amin Yapusi Well-Known Member

Is Liam Rosenior not English anymore?

I guess Londons so southern, he's practically French...

20. Tuckin

Tuckin Well-Known Member

I love Liam - but he's not been one of the Premier League's outstanding right backs. Have you seen how Zabaleta has defended and Coleman has bombed down wings this season?