1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Derby going into admin

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by TeamOfTalents, Sep 17, 2021.

1. Snaggey

Snaggey Well-Known Member

2. Smug in Boots

Smug in Boots Well-Known Member

You don't wonder at all, you believe I'm not.

Fortunately I don't care what you believe and no one else seems to care either.

Anyway, get back to searching back years through my old posts, there's a good lad.

3. Porterfield73

Porterfield73 Well-Known Member

Hmmmm, not sure about that like. He may have wanted to buy Sunderland, but I just don't believe he is a match going football man. He seems to be heavily involved with his foundation in the USA, along with his missus, his huge art collection, and is still actively creating new companies within his business speciality, but I haven't seen anything amongst his PR stuff that suggests anything 'soccer' related. It looks to me like he dipped his toe into the water with SAFC, and to be fair he came out with a very nice profit, but he doesn't seem to have surfaced again in any football news. Just my opinion.

4. Saf

Saf Not606 Godfather+NOT606 Poster of the year 2023

He was chased from the RTG board because they got sick of them same lies in the end...

Makemstine Roger likes this.
  5. Smug in Boots

He goes to Chelsea games with his UK art dealer mate who has a box. I'm sure he's more interested in money than footie though <laugh>

6. Gordon Armstrong

Gordon Armstrong Just another S.A.F.C. fan
    Forum Moderator

Derby County's bid for Championship survival took a massive nose dive, after it was revealed last night that they would receive a further 9 points deduction for financial irregularities, taking the total loss to 21 points for the season.

Upon entering administration, the FA had already given Rams a twelve point deduction, but further investigations into their finances have prompted the powers that be to impose further restrictions on the stricken club.

There's not much that Derby County as a club can do about it. Whilst in their financial state, they are being run by administrators, who make all of the decisions. Not that fighting the FA has done them much good in the long term . . . . they have long memories !

Without punishment, they'd have accumulated eighteen points by now, and would be six points above the drop zone. The further nine point penalty will give them a minus three aggregate, leaving them fifteen points behind Hull in 22nd place, a point more than Barnsley in 23rd.

Does anyone feel sorry for the Rams?

please log in to view this image

cumbrianmackem and Smug in Boots like this.
  7. Snaggey

Snaggey Well-Known Member

22st?

Makemstine Roger likes this.
  8. Smug in Boots

Rooney is a bit podgy but that's surely exaggerated ....

Nordic, Snaggey and Gordon Armstrong like this.
  9. Sunderpitt

Sunderpitt Well-Known Member

Well they dump on Derby, a well famous and historic club, but allow the beheaders to take over the mags.

A few years ago the cricket authorities dumped on Durham cricket, demoting them... really just out of spite.

Both are wrong

Oldsandy and The Redbaron like this.
  10. Gordon Armstrong

Gordon Armstrong Just another S.A.F.C. fan
    Forum Moderator

I just copied/nicked it, Snaggey, man :emoticon-0136-giggl

Fixed now :emoticon-0148-yes:

Snaggey and Smug in Boots like this.

11. clockstander

clockstander Well-Known Member

I think it is wrong to cripple a club and punish the fans and players, its the perpetrators of the offences and those encouraging them that should pursued and brought to justice.

Nordic, Oldsandy, The Berk and 4 others like this.
  12. spirit of 73

spirit of 73 Well-Known Member

Top clubs try to screw the premiership by trying to form a new super league.
    Punishment, ruler across the knuckles
    Derby fiddle the figures
    Punishment, Armageddon.
    As the philosophy of Mungo Jerry states
    If her daddy's rich take her out for a meal
    If her daddies poor just do what you feel

Last edited: Nov 11, 2021
  13. cumbrianmackem

cumbrianmackem Well-Known Member

Got to feel for the fans, FA are adept at hammering easy targets but the big boys just carry on regardless.
    This fit and proper person check is utter bollocks.

14. Smug in Boots

I grew up, football wise, in the 70's and 80's so have an inbuilt hatred of most clubs including Derby ...

... visits to the Baseball Ground usually involved bother of one kind of another.

But I now feel sorry for the clubs and the supporters who, in most cases, are little different to us.

Derby were always a belligerent club with owners like Sam Longson, a blunt man with a high opinion of himself but a local haulier who had their best interests at heart.

I've now absolutely no idea who owns Derby County and I'd be surprised if anyone else really does, EFL included.

It's all falling apart and three or four different consortia can own the ground, training ground, the club and the assets not to mention naming and sponsorship rights.

Nothing will be done because the governing bodies are full of indecisive and weak people with vested interests in simply clinging onto their jobs.

Despite the hooligans, fences and decrepit stadiums I'm glad I saw football before it sold its soul.

15. Essayyeffcee

Essayyeffcee Well-Known Member

Some owners these days I think, own football clubs to try to get into the Premier League and make as much money as possible. Not for the club they own but to put into their pockets for themselves

16. E.T. Fairfax

E.T. Fairfax Well-Known Member

Thats a massive risk though. To buy a football club you'd have to be prepared to lose every penny you pump into it.

clockstander likes this.
  17. Gatesy

Gatesy Well-Known Member

Unfortunately mate the Premiership and EFL have different masters and the EFL do seem to hand out tougher punishments than the PL. Shame really, because those in their PL ivory tower would do well to take note of how the EFL handle things.

18. FellTop

FellTop Well-Known Member

I have a lot of sympathy for Derby fans. Like Smug I have some ropey memories of the baseball ground, but I also have a sense they arent a lot different to us as fans in what they want. I live and work with a lot of them, and they are decent lads who just want a club to be proud of.

The last owner was a Derby man and fan. In some ways I think he has dreamed the dream and the fans are paying. Mind you they enjoyed and crowed about Lampard and his time. They have done a few things too over the last few years, like selling the ground to the owner for a big price, that make you think on the one hand they should have the book thrown at them. As always though decent lads who work all week and want a club to be proud of get shafted.

I went to the wembley play off game against Villa with the lads I know and had the craic down there. It was a crap game with two rubbish sides. Derby keeper ballsed up on stroke of half time and Lampard didnt respond until 15 mins to go (waghorn on) and then they were bang on top. Fine margins as this would not be the situation now. The gamble failed.

Again like Smug the game has lost its soul. At least the part of its soul that made me fall in love with it. Money has destroyed what was once a tremendous football pyramid that allowed the likes of Forest to do what they did. Shame.

19. Oldsandy

Oldsandy Well-Known Member

I’ve always said this about point deductions. No matter what the offence, whether by a number of fans or the club authorities, punishing paying fans is wrong! It’s the easy way out.

20. The Redbaron

The Redbaron Well-Known Member

Now if the authorities began banning Directors/Ex Directors or Owners from buying other clubs, even make the new regimes pay a bond that is held by the authorities in case anything goes wrong, that may be a start. Overhauling the fit and proper persons test for potential owners and ensuring that they have the funds to do what they promise would also help.

The biggest thing they could do is ensure that there are rules put in place are adhere to is for the authorities (EPL/EFL etc) external auditors to have access to the financial accounts for any wrong doing. Just an opinion.

Smug in Boots and clockstander like this.