1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Coronavirus

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by bcfcredandwhite, Sep 22, 2020.

1. Redprintt

Redprintt Well-Known Member

I remember Macron dissing the AZ jab. In my view just because of Brexit and Brussels ordering months behind the UK.
    Horrible little man.

Have to admit though I'm all for pissing off 1For.

2. Redprintt

3. oneforthebristolcity

oneforthebristolcity Well-Known Member

Not pissing me off mate, I have no intention of stepping foot in France!! :emoticon-0136-giggl
    My youngest is off to Dom Rep on Saturday for a month, No jab passport required, had it not been for my aging dog struggling, I'd be going with her!!

Last edited: Jan 5, 2022
  4. invermeremike

invermeremike Well-Known Member

Apparently some town councillor over there is pissed off at our Prime Minister likening him to Adolf Hitler. Perhaps he should learn more about Canada before making such a fool of himself and he would find out that all vaccine/masking mandates are the sole responsibility of the individual provinces and territories and not the federal government, i.e. Trudeau. The BBC article never actually listed this moron's gripe or where he got the false information from and perhaps he should just be left to drown in his own importance.

5. oneforthebristolcity

Who's bought one of these then? <laugh>

upload_2022-1-7_16-54-30.png

AshtonRed likes this.
  6. realred1952

realred1952 Well-Known Member

SCHOOL TESTS BDS school sent a load home, parents lost a couple days off, them that followed protocol and thus wages, some had proper tests day after and all were negative problem was days off = 3. , waiting return for / of test result = 2 days.
    lateral flow obviously not done properly!????

7. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

8. realred1952

how the pendulum swings..... coming up to 2 years since we went into "voluntary" or compulsory lockdown. Christmas my 3 groups of Mendip friends had all avoided getting the virus... as did groups from Derbyshire Yorkshire Scotland!
    Since Jan 4th there has been 7 all fully jabbed, all odd day of under weather with a box of tissues.. 2 have no idea where it came from. 3 of us went on walk on 5th one 4 days later tested positive [ had 2 tests neg and was clear to be normal 20TH Thursday!] A second tested positive this week 17th I am still negative! NO other contacts except wives before test! .. where does it come from!

Sad story, with a very a very strong undertone on fake news .... from a personal view difficult to see both sides of the story 1 side was against anti vaxing " so tough luck on consequences" and other side how sad for family ... put herself in presence of Covid to catch it... succeeded however it painfully killed her! .... age 28!
    91% of all over 12's have had at least 1 jab so around 9 million still unvaxed [ 1st one ] deaths appear to be very high percent of under 30's including children and predominately no jabs!

next week we down grade to endemic is that to early? or should the information be advisory maintain hand washing/ masks ? On T V a number of in the street interviews did state .. like seat belts we got/ are getting used to the idea of masks we should continue for a while ... I will from time to time wear mine.....

Schools seem to be throwing up a lot of under 12's showing positive [ have contacts that cover about 7 schools as far as mid Somerset ] 1 maybe 2 days not feeling well and lasting 4-7 days!
    330 deaths in a day 20th! is not good but vast majority are younger un vaxed!
    1 in 4 have tested positive 15.6m of about 60m ... 153k have died about 0.01% 1 in every 1000 infected

For all the present day sh**e being stirred up, we can in hindsight look back and see how very fortunate we have been to be where we are today ... how fortunate we had the present .GOV guiding us through. Labour would have from the beginning put us in peril .. into EU catastrophic vaccine programme ... had no inkling of how to manouvre through the financial aspects .. would have built up massive debts ... we are now progressing toward a slower but greater prosperity .. thankyou all concerned ............

note Simple figures mean nothing unless you look at the bigger picture ... eg take EU ... SEEMED TO HAVE LESS CASES AND LESS SEVERITY ... but add some parameters and do the figures and we were destined to be as we were France/Spain/ Poland/ Germany and Italy similar populations but 2 and 3 times more space city densities etc etc and it was what it was ..............

9. Cliftonville

Cliftonville Well-Known Member

10. oneforthebristolcity

11. AshtonRed

AshtonRed Well-Known Member

I’m really torn on this one, it should be down to personal choice, on the other hand I can see the argument that says vulnerable people shouldn’t be in contact with the unvaccinated. Leaning towards personal choice, but only just.

12. oneforthebristolcity

I take it you didn't watch or listen to the link Cliftonville put up featuring Ahmad Malik? As he says, it is worth a listen..

13. Redprintt

I've listened.
    IMO Hope he and the 100k find other jobs.

I also listened to Matt Le Tiss 2 weeks back on the same programme.
    IMO Crackpot.

14. realred1952

A question I ask myself is why do "these NHS" staff not want to get vaccinated? iknow quite a few nurses and doctors and all are jabbed! not being racial but all bar one is [ as it says on forms ] white british, odd one out from Gambia.
    Is it office /back room / porters/? or on the wards/ theatres? A strong mixture of one side dominating? ............... dont do some u tube, would if they had a reject all button!
    Daughter goes in for an op tomorrow, Southmead, they wont do the op unless vaccinated and tested negative! is that because they wont get jabbed? think immune because had it? or just gambling... like the few who have come off worse, like died, because they attend Covid parties.. contracted the disease and passed on ...painfully!

15. oneforthebristolcity

By having the jab doesn't stop you from contracting or spreading it, it's for ones own personal protection, everything else is a misconception..

16. Cliftonville

It does not matter. Individuals make their informed choice. That was the foundation of care and medical ethics. You have autonomy over your body nobody else.

NHS staff are being vaccinated against more than covid. This is not mandatory.

I am vaccinated against more things than I can remember except flu. A choice that does not prevent me working in a caring profession. The flu vaccination cannot be compared to covid, or hepatitis for instance as each has a seperate profile. People make decisions based on things like the risk profiling and benefit of each treatment x age x circumstances.That choice in regard to covid vaccination has been taken away.

17. Redprintt

'By having the jab doesn't stop you from contracting or spreading it,'
    I know.

'it's for ones own personal protection,'
    Happy with that.

'everything else is a misconception..'
    You could level the same about Le Tiss.

Generally, and I know not PC, but from what I've seen these last few years dealing with my parents and daughter, I think the NHS is well bloated with staff. 1.4 million at the last count !
    And one thing that really gripes is surgeons like Malik in the video can find time, sometimes twice a week, moonlighting in Private Hospitals.

It Stinks.

18. Cliftonville

Would you stop NHS staff like care assistants and support workers working for agencies?

He (Malik) at least has not left the NHS totally. The NHS still gains benefit v having to outsource. If their expertise is totally lost to the NHS? More waiting time, more outsourcing at greater (not always) cost.

19. oneforthebristolcity

Surely it's better that a surgeon such as Malik does that than leave the NHS altogether? IMO, I don't find it a problem experiencing various practices and how things are done in those..

20. Redprintt

I suppose it's the 21year old 'Red' still in me where I rail against those with dosh that are treated before those who have less.
    And our friend Malik prospers.