1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Coronavirus

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by bcfcredandwhite, Sep 22, 2020.

1. realred1952

realred1952 Well-Known Member

WELL at least the holiday period has got a chance to have brought some goodwill and happiness after a bad 2020/21 one!

Our parents / grand parents must have had so much more resolve than the population today. Besides not really having a lot going for them in 1938 the next 12 -15 years were terrible ...really terrible when you compare to the present day. Food shortages, energy shortages no health care very few spongers ... the worry of the war and death that ensued .. or the not knowing. COUPONS to buy the limited food or grow your own ... [outside of Towns, big ones, and Cities ] people did just that a rotation of crops that kept food on the table all year round!

QUESTION? ... FOOD BANKS are they necessary? ... I really think I ought to go their and do my shopping! .... well some of it, say just 3 carrier bags a fortnight!
    A well meaning friend gives a few items and works for free 2 days week at one! How embarrassing to be in the post office que and listen to a conversation between the woman just bought the near £400k house down the road spouting on about working from home her 3 kids etc etc,
    My friend [wifes really! ] walked out from being served and stopped to have a quick chat WITH HER .. a meter apart wearing masks ... I said Hi, as she passed me. Saw her minutes later in the charity shop, which I support, and pay over the odds for most things! Said to her [ friend ] I didnt know you knew the lady you chatted to in post office, moved in down road a couple moths ago ... she said "poor woman, 3 kids, no job hardly, afford her rent and comes in to food bank every week for a cup of tea and supplies!! I said to her who helps her to load the bags into her RAV! 4 x 4 She looked surprised... as I walked on!
    Apparently she makes jewellery etc, some sells for £xxx most £xx very little for under £20!
    Ban food banks get a job earn money help economy....

2. realred1952

Royal institute Christmas lectures 3 parts Prof: JVT [of virus reports along with Boris etal fame] not missed one for decades!
    Part 1, virus history make up size and dna etc see how it all works ... especially the tests.. and the dog testers !!!

massive increase in hospital admissions last 2 days from under 8000 to over 10000 testing positive before new year! the figure of 900k pretty much close to being exceeded ...

3. realred1952

a tremendous well timed presentation part 3 is making of the vaccine altogether a real insight to Covid [ and other viral disease ]
    if you havent watched it all episodes are available on catch up ... wipes out the fake news aspects ... one comment on radio [ not linked to next bit ] since programme aired quite a few first time jabs in the past couple of days ..... people waking up?

4. realred1952

a fantastic end of the 3 part series... a couple bits a bit stretched to try and make it both factual and lighthearted. It is clever concept, they fill the audience with children and get them involved, some times for just a few seconds! It is a sort of school child presentation but with seriously factual elements. A high proportion of adults do not get to grips with science, it becomes "complicated" thats why people shy clear. The RICL's are simplified but factual.
    We learn something everyday is the saying! well over 3 days I probably got a fortnights worth!! Jenner the father of modern day vaccinations .. the beginning of the end of small pox! Today the target is a vaccination in 100 days! not 7000 +
    OMICRON replicates more, so effectively we need to keep spaced and masked! but a virus does have a shelf life! and Covid is no different each variant makes it weaker? will soon be like the common cold! [ no specification of time ]
    We all, or most of us know vaccination works, some even know [ understand ] how it works and RICL explained the 2 main ways. Any one having a fear they will catch the disease from the jab will be in denial of the true facts after watching [ maybe figures of first time jabs after first 2 progs proof of the pudding ] .
    I look back over the past 2 years, not been a saint for 100% of the time. But key facts from the RICL I have pretty much followed ...spaced, masked, washed/sanitized hands tried to be in groups of 6, kept air flowing, controlled sneezes or coughs .. had 3 +1 injection, and being in 1 of the classes of "at most risk" survived
    HNY LOOKING FORWARD TO JAB NUMBER 4 AROUND JUNE!!!!!

5. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Bloody hell JGF - I bet you had the popcorn out watching that lot..........<laugh>

6. oneforthebristolcity

oneforthebristolcity Well-Known Member

Also hooked on the Jab <doh> <laugh>

7. realred1952

HNY well no not exactlyon 2 occassions cheese biscuits and a couple bottles the other a mug of tea and a toberlone .. medium size .. dip in mug and chocolate is soft.. need to be careful.. after 5 dips gets really soft....plop! did you watch it?

8. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Afraid not JGF - I had some paint drying I needed to keep an eye on..........<laugh>

.........and a very Happy New Year to you mate. Keep on doing what you want and posting what you want on here - it makes a nice change. <ok>

9. invermeremike

invermeremike Well-Known Member

Get well soon ROD. :emoticon-0100-smile:emoticon-0100-smile

10. realred1952

shame thought you might have, some bits were tenuos, but it has to be 3 episodes and there was about 2 and bit episodes worth. Nice to see recognition given to the "team leaders" of the vaccine side .. pity about the workers who spent 12 hours a day doing the hard work! 2 of the presenters JVT had on there doing groundbreaking work didnt get nowt! [ not checked the whole list ]
    trouble with paint this time of year takes longer ....

11. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

Cheers, apart from still not being able to smell properly (bonus when doing the cat litter) and the tiredness, I’m over it. I’ve chosen to watch City on TV as the walk to the bus will wear me out at the moment, so lucky the games have been available on Robins TV or the red button.
    The tiredness will linger so I’ve read and my smell return, so I’m a lot better than the 150,000 others in this country.
    On a positive note, I can have my booster soon as the 28 days of first day symptoms will be up.

12. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

Good for you mate, glad you are on the way back.

RedorDead likes this.
  13. realred1952

great to see you in recovering state... delta virus might be as bad as it gets, omicron seems less damaging to peeps who have had 1 -3 jabs. And although only partly to do with Covid, this years RICL's did have the expert who was at front of the last 2 years success, state Omicron "is trying everything to penetrate the human cell, but there is a limit to its variants and should get weaker" SMELL TASTE TIREDNESS does seem to be hall mark of Delta..... HNY ..ENJOY TODAYS GAME...3 POINTS?

RedorDead likes this.
  14. oneforthebristolcity

oneforthebristolcity Well-Known Member

15. realred1952

stood outside a shop at Imperial park, a under 20 year old was blatantly smoking and blowing at peeps walking past. One elderly lady got a real face full, and commented to a fellow waiting to be picked up how awful the smell was ... Canabis the lady replied! I left my wife guarding the shopping as I went to otherside of carpark to collect my van. He was still there with his mother [she not smoking] blowing smoke into peeps direction /faces. A taxi pulled up and they loaded their 2 bags into the rear and and got in back ... I put ours in the side door got my £1 back and taxi driver was getting into front ... I said, to him "hope you dont get pulled over matey there been smoking something naughty" oh really he replied and got in.
    I waited for wife to settle and attach my DC when Taxi driver after about 10-15 secs got out. Went to back, took out the 4 bags put on floor and opened the door and told them to get out .... I couldnt resist driving back around and past the scene, both out and taxi about 20m further down, loading a new customer ..................... imagine how many covid germs he was potentially blowing INTO PEEPS FACES ...

16. Reliant Robin TC2

Reliant Robin TC2 Well-Known Member

Glad your on the mend RoD.

Today is the 1st anniversary of me testing positive and I was probably worse than you. I’m not saying that for sympathy or anything like that, but simply because I am one of the few on here who actually knows where you’re coming from and the way it is affecting you!

This is not just a “relabelled cold”! In my 67 years I’ve obviously had countless colds, one true bout of flu, mumps, measles (according my medical record when I was 6) that I thought was chicken pox, a few chest infections and covid is by far the worst thing I’ve ever had to contend with.

I still suffer from cyclical bouts of fatigue that have been put down to long covid. That may or may not apply to you.

All I can say is, take it steady and don’t push yourself too far too soon.

17. realred1952

amazing CHRISTMAS HIT 100,000+ NOW 200,000 + 4th Jan: [ ALLOWING FOR CATCH UP AFTER WEEKEND/ BANK HOLIDAY ]
    Boris et al holding firm in a month most of the unvaccinated will be in hospital selfish self centred will be causing stress to caring fellows fellow who who are humans who had to look after them. May their fear [the unjabbed ]of being near death haunt them for the rest of their lives. The jabbed who are unfortunate to fall foul hopefully get the best attention our over run NHS can give and happily ever after......

18. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

The French are ahead of us again. getting a bit embarrassing this……

Macron says he wants to 'p*** off' the unvaccinated
    https://mol.im/a/10369781

19. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

Macron pisses everybody off <laugh><laugh>
    please log in to view this image

20. Redprintt

Redprintt Well-Known Member

I remember Macron dissing the AZ jab. In my view just because of Brexit and Brussels ordering months behind the UK.
    Horrible little man.

Have to admit though I'm all for pissing off 1For ;)