1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Coronavirus

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by bcfcredandwhite, Sep 22, 2020.

1. oneforthebristolcity

oneforthebristolcity Well-Known Member

I'm not the person you need, teaching how to suck eggs on here mate!!

2. realred1952

realred1952 Well-Known Member

not aimed at you and not teaching made a statement BBC seems to say almost everything in reverse mode. Did you know that eggs are an extremely good thing for your garden, supply calcium, nitrogen and phospherous … wash out half shells fill with a bit of seed compost plant a couple seeds, use egg tray carton to keep them in when seeds grow remove weakest trans plant shell into bigger pot after making / breaking shell a bit … super way to start tomato's, stops end blossom rot! or is that teaching you suck eggs?:emoticon-0136-giggl

3. oneforthebristolcity

The latest word seems to be is "MAYBE".
    With, if you've had it, Maybe you're protected for 6 months, Maybe, if you have the vaccine as well you will be more protected.
    Basically it's a guessing game how all of this will pan out.
    Maybe, even by already having had the virus or vaccinated......Maybe you can still spread it.

Maybe, we can get the people that are elderly or have underlying health conditions, vaccinated....Maybe, just maybe we can just get on with life as before!!
    At least until next year, because as with flu, It is likely it will all start up again.

4. realred1952

at the mo tests for anti bodies is not a given time consuming exercise ...most tests done are based on how long ago people had it [ obviously ] there will be base line like x % of tests being proved to be positive to count [ that's not positive for covid… positive for anti bodies ] some peeps likely to have up to 10 months? others from first lockdown just a month or 2 or 3 ….
    the early hours news 3am had a nurse and doctor doctor was in tears as at the moment covid is killing whole families and a lot of young people, parents, and kids younger than 16! … covid is still coming up with surprises!!!!!

5. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

Today I’ve gone from only knowing numbers in this horrible year, to now know names. One of my friends who I’ve known for nearly 50 years.
    He was as strong as an ox and the true gentle giant of a man. Taken at 52 after spending a week in an induced coma. On top of that I’ve also found out a work friend has now been put into a induced coma with the same virus.

6. realred1952

the non believers and the erjits who think they are invincible are causing grief in the innocent .[ no way saying your cases are part of that ] are now becoming the victims . there is a lot "non information " about the figures currently. back 4 months or so you could find breakdowns on age groups and various other attributes. Only info I seem to be able to get is word of mouth, where mortality is 4 in 10 is younger than 50, as to race more than half non white... [ this is not a concise total as comes from 3 different areas ]

A programme on local news highlighted an area of Bristol suffering from being cramped up …. ((In about 2003 had a night shift job whilst I set up my last company[ spoke to Ethiopians and Somali's and the attitude was going to get rich via kids and a job more kids more money] )) they interviewed a couple people who were expecting that they should be housed in a big house as they had 3 - 4 or more kids in a 2 bed flat. this is not a house this is a box, the comment! This area is the highest or close to infected areas of England. the camera's showed a empty space in laundry / garden stairwell … I have a friend who has to deliver there, I spoke with him earlier as he said it was a hell on earth place to go to … said it looked like the place had been evacuated … lift always crammed stairs kids playing and laundry rammed ….. some flats have about 3 or 4 grown ups and 5 or 6 kids!

7. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

Tragic. Sorry to hear about your friend ROD.
    Thought and prayers for the other chap to make a full recovery.

RedorDead likes this.
  8. Jiffie

Jiffie Well-Known Member

9. remembergou

remembergou Active Member

My thoughts I share with you ROD, I have a flat share situation in London but made it home to Bristol a couple weeks before Christmas... on the panic weekend. I spent 7 days in solitary confinement, in my bedroom in Bristol. As the London lockdown struck with rising figures I lost 3 friends all under 42, 2 were male, they were part of 5 that stayed put. 2 of 3 other friends, work colleagues really, took the virus home and infected their families, luckily only 2, from one family went on ventilators. I said "luckily" cant think why, it is not luck?

10. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

Sorry for your loss, this variant seems intent on taking the younger people.
    Looking at Heathrow pictures today I struggle to see how we are going to stop one of these variants getting in that are immune to the vaccine.

11. bcfcredandwhite

Really sorry to hear this. That’s tragic - and there doesn’t seem to be any logic? Why did they die, and I only got a bad cold from it and I’m 53? It doesn’t make any sense - but there HAS to be a scientific reason for it - I’m sure it’s not random luck - we just haven’t found the reason yet.
    I really hope your other friends pull through.
    All these tales make me even more frustrated that the NHS are not in the slightest bit interested in using me for research. I’ve volunteered twice - and even escalated, but they are determined NOT to use me. The mind boggles.

12. realred1952

I think as an individual the NHS works to a script... a list of reasons why not, and should it not be on the list... they take the nearest scenario that fits a reply.

13. realred1952

this has been a harsh winter, so sorry to hear of your losses, at my age "I expect to lose a few" we do not want to but that is what happens in life. I have always been a realist and a great many of my friends are as well, so far this very mild winter has seen more than 6 friends depart, a number who I know as acquaitance's have also passed on not from COVID -19 SPECIFICALLY. We don't shed tears! maybe a wet eye, but post each other the sort of sarcastic banter and jokes we all enjoyed in getting to this stage of life [ relatives are different ]. It is done in the utmost respect and mostly their families are children, who understand how their parents friends react., often having been part of the later social life of their mum or dad …..

14. Angelicnumber16

Angelicnumber16 Well-Known Member

So in a poll for the good old BBC, some 80% - 85% of white people in the UK are happy to receive one of the 3 approved vaccines
    But only a staggering 57% of Black and Asians are willing to have it for religious or cultural reasons.
    The vaccine should be made mandatory to everyone in the UK, and anyone refusing it whether black, white or purple, should be denied NHS care or treatment should they then contract Covid or any strain of it afterwards.

The only way the world will actually get out of this effing mess is for the vast majority of people to get the jab not for the whingers to make themselves special cases. Its staggering what role religions and ignorance continues to play in this **** storm.
    Never was the saying 'When In Rome' more appropriate !

15. Jiffie

Jiffie Well-Known Member

And yet they are 60% or so more likely to contract it and die from it.

But I am sure there is something more racist about the whole situation, i'm sure the BBC will inform us about that very soon.

In other news I see that our EU neighbours are still struggling to get their vaccines produced and distributed.

Redprintt and Angelicnumber16 like this.
  16. Redprintt

Redprintt Well-Known Member

'The vaccine should be made mandatory to everyone in the UK, and anyone refusing it whether black, white or purple, should be denied NHS care or treatment should they then contract Covid or any strain of it afterwards'.

And Aircraft or any travel for that matter.
    No visits to pubs or restaurants.
    Barred from Football Grounds.

House arrest for 1For <cheers>

Angelicnumber16 likes this.
  17. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

How very dare you . "Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the people".
    So say Karl Marx <laugh>

Angelicnumber16 likes this.
  18. oneforthebristolcity

'The vaccine should be made mandatory to everyone in the UK, and anyone refusing it whether black, white or purple, should be denied NHS care or treatment should they then contract Covid or any strain of it afterwards'.

I disagree...

If this is to relieve the pressures of the NHS let me just add a different perspective for those that feel they have a right to control others regarding the vaccines !

How about we do the same for those that are obese, drink too much alcohol, smoke, eat unhealthy, refuse to exercise, people that take drugs.
    Most of these will develop some form of heart disease, Cirrhosis of the liver and respiratory problems.
    If we refuse treatment to the above I'm confident the hospitals would be fairly quiet.

Daft as a brush, you all may think I am, My common sense would suggest that most people that lead a fit & healthy lifestyle, if contracting the virus would get over it with very little symptoms.. and would develop their own anti-bodies making them as immune to the virus as the vaccine.

The vaccine should be given to the elderly such as RP <laugh> and those that require it, probably with underlying health concerns. It should not be made mandatory.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2021
  19. bcfcredandwhite

I may be wrong as I'm not a theologian, but I think Jehovahs Witnesses are the only religion that 'ban' vaccinations(?) All the other 'mainstream' ones (Muslim, Hindu, Buddhist, Christian etc) are fine with it.......
    Maybe they are banned by some very small cults too - the 'Satanic sect of the re-birth of the Gas...' or the like, but I can't think of any other............

20. realred1952

there has been a number of cases where a person has died simply because their "god" prohibits blood transfusions or likely injections ..
    I am afraid should ANYONE NOT WISH TO HAVE THE JAB GOOD LUCK I am not really concerned, they are likely, should their family refuse as well to come off worse …
    Cancer is not contagious, they say "is hereditary" ! but when a family member dies of it there is immense grief … leading up to the moment and after, at least with COVID, should it be self inflicted it is over in a shorter time !

that is a similar % to those that are currently dieing [opposite way round]

Last edited: Jan 26, 2021