1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Coronavirus

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by astro, Mar 23, 2020.

1. johnsonsbaby

johnsonsbaby Well-Known Member

Speaking of the American approach to vaccination, interesting to see that on the same day Biden announces mandates, Harris says that the government shouldn't be interfering with wellbeing decisions. Is she sensing that her time to step into the role is fast approaching and she's beginning to distance herself from some of his policies?

2. Solid_Air 2

Solid_Air 2 Well-Known Member

not strictly true apparently

https://www.politifact.com/factchec...harris-doubted-trump-covid-19-vaccines-not-v/

3. moreinjuredthanowen

yeah, really silly stuff.

Pfzier didn't take one red cent from trump. she should have been far more responsible.

The reality is we had similar where AZ was "oxford" therefore must be tops here but in EU it was dirt. the reality was it wasn't great all round but not that bad. There's still peoepl pushing oxford AZ like its a patriotic thing. the scientific facts shows the best vaccine and that's what people should use not patriotic flag waving.

on another note the politicisation of the poppy that's gone one for 20 years says it all. All the deaths and maiming's of our soldiers for what? but the politicians and bbc would shame another not branding the red poppy.

all of these things trigger the type of distrust people ought to have in the little red book in china or the party badges in nazi germany.

Its amazing how many don't even understand how a vaccine actually works

johnsonsbaby likes this.
  4. Solid_Air 2

AZ is perfectly decent vaccine as it is affordable and with easy storage and evidence is mounting that while Pfizer has greater efficacy originally it falls off at a much quicker rate than AZ

Diego likes this.
  5. Milky

Milky bar kid

Good. About time. <ok>

6. Gerrardsitchyear

Gerrardsitchyear Well-Known Member

Wendy's is the place to be!

They used to have one in Victoria Station when i was a kid and it was the thing i most looked forward to on a trip to London. I was gutted when they closed down.

I gather they're coming back to the UK soon.

7. moreinjuredthanowen

I've always avoided all of them. Wendy's is not as bad as McDonald's or burger kings in their airports though.

Everything in chains is ****e really.

Olive garden or all of those are depressing.

8. Milky

Milky bar kid

Wendy's is better than McDonalds/Burger King/Jack in the Box, etc... But has gone down hill alot. I used to like when they had the salad bar in them. Can still get chilli and baked potatoes from them though.

Cookout, Five Guys, Hardee's, Hwy 55... So many fastfood burger joint chains to choose from, you need never suffer Wendy's/McDonalds.

KFC is absolutely vile, you never see new KFCs in America anymore. They're always in rundown locations where you get shot five times a visit. Whenever you see new fastfood chicken now it's usually Bojangles or Popeyes or Chick-fil-A. KFC is dying a slow miserable painful death over here.

9. moreinjuredthanowen

I dont get the KFC obsession over here. Like when it first came the disappointment that they didnt actually do a bucket of chicken was massive.

It's the lowest of the low. Popcorn chicken is offal and the coatings are inch thick cement.

Buy yeah chick fill a thingy is what I imagined when I got over there but yeah. We ended up looking for local stuff.

Subway no, Jake's subs yeah. That sort of stuff as you might as well support the little guy and get food poisoning as give the 1% more profit for a dose of salmonella.

What the chain of steakhouses, Texas Longhorn something? Dunno what the **** they were doing to beef but it was fairly much so tender you didnt need to chew.

10. Milky

Milky bar kid

We have so many chicken chains here it's crazy... Almost as many chicken chains as burger chains and KFC is quite literally the worst. I literally don't know anyone who likes it... But obviously some people must, because they hang on in the ghettos and run down parts of towns.

There's quite a few steakhouse chains too. Texas Roadhouse is one, Longhorn is another. There might be one called Texas Longhorn too but I'm not familiar with that one.

I'm not a huge fan of steak though. I'm strange though... Never liked the flavour, I know I'm almost always the odd one out in that regard... I'll eat steak but I'd much rather fish or pork, or even chicken any day.

11. moreinjuredthanowen

Must have been longhorn.

12. johnsonsbaby

Yeh, I know the context because I watched some of the vice presidential debate where Pence accused Harris of undermining a vaccine and putting people off having it. Once in office Harris claimed that there was no vaccine available until they took over despite the fact that millions had already had it. It's like they don't know that claims like that can be easily checked. It's been hugely politicised.

moreinjuredthanowen likes this.
  13. johnsonsbaby

There is a big difference in that Pfizer can be adapted and used for boosters but because of the nature of the AstraZeneca vaccine it can't be tweaked or used for boosters as an immunity can be built up to any further introduction of that particular vaccine into the body.

14. moreinjuredthanowen

It.might take longer but the az model is adaptable.

The moderna and pfizer construct is very specific and a new tech so can be adapted quickly but there is just that one thing for the t cells to look for

In the end corona is adapting rapidly

15. johnsonsbaby

I remember seeing a medical article about boosters will only be done with Pfizer and Moderna. Maybe my reading up on it isn't up to date.

16. Solid_Air 2

i would be surprised if they don't use the AZ for the old folk who previously had Pfizer .

17. johnsonsbaby

I haven't kept up to date with the latest position on boosters but from what you and mito are saying, it looks like it's moved along somewhat. Having had the Pfizer, I would be a little bit worried about having the AstraZeneca booster just because of some of the stories first time round. Having not had any choice so far on which one, I don't really want to have to make a choice which booster I want.

18. Solid_Air 2

Both can give you blood clots but clots are fairly common once you reach a certain age . Part of the reasoning was there is some evidence from pre covid testing that alternating vaccines produces a better antibody response but it was a small trial iirc so wouldn't be considered "proof" .

19. johnsonsbaby

I could see the benefits from having mixed vaccines but also think if some people are worried about the 'experimental ' nature of the vaccines then mixing them adds a whole new layer of doubt.

On top of all this, I've just had a letter to go get a 'once only' pneumonia jab. My arm will be like a pin cushion

20. Solid_Air 2

if you're having a booster i would say it's safe to assume you are over worries of experimental vaccines particularly those who are most in need i.e. the really old who did actually have an experimental vaccine i,e. Pfizer

johnsonsbaby likes this.