1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Coronavirus

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by astro, Mar 23, 2020.

1. moreinjuredthanowen

That's the political decision that a lot have made. It's down to a single.az shot not being very useful.

Two az followed by one of the others is said to be decent.

They have already for an az variant in clinical trials

2. moreinjuredthanowen

Yes but we all need to be clear on the process. What is experimental?

Calling these vaccines experimental in itself is someones political spin imo.

The typical route to markets are:

Premarket Approval (PMA)
    Product Development Protocol (PDP) Humanitarian Use Exemption (HDE),

What happened with these vaccines is they were given HDE approvals to get them out early. Typically the HDE should only be used on very small numbers of people and can be granted for either drugs that are for very very few people or for trials.

This is where imo the whole experiemental thing comes from.

All of these drugs have had their full PMA granted

Again all passed stage 1,2 and 3 clinical trials that provided proof of safety first and efficacy second.

None are therefore experiment imo.

Further I would boil this down to the following. People claiming its not safe cos they dont know what's in it are plain wrong. It has been well proven pre approval and the literally 100s of millions of people taking them have proven then safe against all reasonable measures.

Are they effective? Well it seems they are given a large body of evidence as well.

This is literally a no lose scenario. Booster? Sure , queue me up.

Anyone not taking it either has a massive needle phobia or has a political reason in their head not to.

Sadly I reckon if we waited till adulthood to vaccinate for measles, mumps and rubella we would see the same foolishness mean those serious illnesses would be rife.

I wonder what it was like in Victorian times before mass vaccinations? Child and adults mortality numbers.must be available?

3. moreinjuredthanowen

Oh and we also need to recall that we are measuring the speed of development of vaccines against old school systems.

A lot of drugs people talk about taking 10 to 25 years are pre digital age, pre massive unlimited.funding etc.

The fda move at the pace of non cheese snails. They are organisations that have never heard of the cloud or digitisation.

Imo the pace of development of these vaccines was.more based on existing tools like crispr and the chinese releasing the DNA early.

This speed will become more commonplace in future although not quite as driven by urgency.

4. Solid_Air 2

Solid_Air 2 Well-Known Member

The RNA vaccines can reasonably be called experimental as it is a new type of vaccine .
    The problem with the shortened timescale for approval means there is less time for unseen underlying problems to come to light .

5. moreinjuredthanowen

Bar it passed all the trials and was approved.

It's not experimental, it's a 30 year development from the concept of synthetic RNA and just cos these are the first to get approval doesn't mean that they should be called that.

Kariko and Weissman published in 2005 and the patents by Langer have been licensed for over 10 years here.

Moderna and pfizer have been working on the cloaking and messenger rna technology for 10 years, it took them less than 2 months with the genetic code to create the first true experimental vials of vaccine. 42 days to be exact for moderna.

The technology is in getting the rna to the cell that's the trick.

The stage 1,2 and 3 trials move the vaccines from experiment to approved drugs.

6. Solid_Air 2

if its the first i personally think it can reasonably be called experimental and approval doesn't change that .

7. moreinjuredthanowen

:emoticon-0112-wonde

At what point do you think it wont be experimental?

8. Solid_Air 2

couple of years at least .

9. moreinjuredthanowen

Even if say 70% of the population of europe and usa and 95% of Israel have had them with no statistically significant issues (1 in a million stuff)

10. Gerrardsitchyear

Gerrardsitchyear Well-Known Member

On the AZ front, my wife has had some severe side effects from the first jab (well that's the conclusion the doctors have finally pinned the cause on after seeing about 6 different consultants.

A week after the first dose, she started getting weird "feel drunk" sensations and also a fluctuating heart rhythm, from 50 to 180. Had loads of tests and MRIs where they found lesions on the brain, fluid round her heart and fluid in her abdomen. They're originally told her she had MS, but are now saying its not and is probably a result of an immuno-response to the vaccine. She's still the same 5 months later and no treatment so far.

She's been told not to have the second jab, but if she is to have a second, to have the Pfizer one. I'm double jabbed with AZ with no issues.

We're definitely not anti-vax, my wife is a vet, so she does them for animals regularly, but with the hundreds of millions of doses given, there are going to be some very rare side-effects experienced by a small number of people.

moreinjuredthanowen likes this.

11. moreinjuredthanowen

sadly true, Hope she gets treatment for the fluid stuff soon!

12. moreinjuredthanowen

the travel policies were shown up in the stats. complete and utter ignoring of any rules.

I'll say it again. the only way out of covid is complete shut down of all travel. having happy tourist's having a great time is well and good until it spreads the thing all about and then the usual suspects turn round and blame kids going to school.

anyone watching the case rates out there will be seeing a climbing issue the government are now actively ignoring. the actual data is as bad now as it was last november so if there's no lock down there will be an inevitable issue.

13. moreinjuredthanowen

more governmental buffonery and penny pinching.

12 to 15 year olds to finally be offered a jab. AFTER they are already in school so far later than the rest of europe AND they have decided one jab is enough.

despite all the evidence that 2 is required.

ridiculous.

14. johnsonsbaby

johnsonsbaby Well-Known Member

Our local numbers went over 1,000 per 100,000 at the height of the virus. They came right down to double digits then, with Delta, rising steadily up to just over 400 per 100,000. Now on the way back down in the 300's.

15. moreinjuredthanowen

I'm talking hospitalizations and intensive care.

The doozy anit vaxxers slowly proving darwinism is the problem

16. johnsonsbaby

Ah my mistake. When you said 'case rates' I thought you meant transmissions.

17. moreinjuredthanowen

yeah, i think shortly the government will sneak in a no point testing vaccinated people or kids line and that will be that. shut down all these stats and ignore it. "back to normal"

means while the hospitals will fill up and it'll be "just a bad flu year"

If you don't report it and you ignore it you can become like many countries round the world where they don't care about killing off people.

18. johnsonsbaby

I couldn't wait to get my jab and I think every adult I know has had at least one but I'm not sure I agree with it being offered to children. Age 12-15 sounds quite young to me.

19. moreinjuredthanowen

I see no issue. Tests have shown the risks.

We stab 1 year olds with 8? Different shots over the course if time.

Imo this is all about adults acting like kids with this antivaxx stuff as a higher percentage of resistance to a relatively easy jab was seen that there would be to parents jabbing kids for serious disease.

That being said there is a growing cohort of moron parents who their own parents should be ashamed of. They are saving up desperate illnesses for their children that are entirely avoidable based on being internet followers not critical thinkers.

I cannot imagine not jabbing my daughter with the HPV vaccine once she is the age.

No measles, mumps rubella etc etc etc etc for us but at some point some clown will be demand to know why their child got measles and is sterile and they will be reminded they refused the vaccines

It really is darwinism at work.

20. CPt-Marleau

CPt-Marleau Active Member

as you just mentioned about funding have a read. Very interesting article coming from the Oxford team that made the AZ vaccine

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-55041371