1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Coronavirus

Discussion in 'The Premier League' started by brb, Feb 25, 2020.

?

Boris...

1. should completely lock us down immediately and fook up all our Christmas'

12.5%
  2. let the bodies stack high

54.2%
  3. lock us down from the 29th to fook up Treble's plans

33.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. duggie2000

duggie2000 Well-Known Member

Thats why testing was needed
    But the only way that would;d work is if everyone was tested at the same time

2. Commachio

Commachio Rambo 2021

and without a vacine, it's pointless, or just another lockdown.

duggie2000 and Diego like this.
  3. Commachio

Commachio Rambo 2021

Coronavirus infections could grow "out of control" in the UK with a second spike leading to 120,000 deaths in a "reasonable worst-case scenario", ministers have been warned.

The forecast counts the number of people who could die in hospitals before next June and comes from a report commissioned by Sir Patrick Vallance, the government's chief scientific adviser, released by the Academy of Medical Sciences.

It suggests a second spike could be more serious than the first, with the R rate - the average number of people someone with COVID-19 passes the virus on to - rising to 1.7 from September.

The current R number in the UK is 0.7-0.9.

https://news.sky.com/story/second-c...s-than-the-first-top-scientists-warn-12027912

4. Commachio

Commachio Rambo 2021

5. JakartaToon

JakartaToon Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Comm's right they have been compulsory here since very early on and a lot of people wear them anyway - they have become quite a fashion item though now. Quite a few people wearing plastic visors as well as a mask plus surgical gloves.

10 press-up fine for being caught outdoors without a mask, compulsory washing hands (foot operated taps etc) before going in the malls, plus temperature check etc. I measured 33.2degC the other day. I tried to explain to the guy that either his instrument was faulty or they needed to treat me for hypothermia immediately but he just smiled and waved me on.

Gyms opened this week but you have to book an appointment through an app so that they can limit numbers. Schools now going to be shut until January apparently.

Treble likes this.
  6. pompeymeowth

pompeymeowth Prepare for trouble x
    Staff Member

7. Libby

Libby 9-0

Looks like I'd better purchase some masks. Be interesting to see how enforced it is from shop to shop.

8. Bwood_Ranger

Bwood_Ranger 2023 Funniest Poster

Will be good when it kicks off outside Morrisons.

9. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

Enforcement will be done by the Police apparently, so you’ll be refused entry without a mask and threatened with the old Bill if you kick off.

There’ll undoubtedly be some wonderful footage of those who were telling us that we should invoke the ‘Spirit of the Blitz’ not so long back, kicking off, as they’re being asked to wear a paper mask before being allowed to peruse the middle aisle at Aldi. A mask, in a pandemic? You dirty bastards.

10. Archers Road

Archers Road Urban Spaceman

I suspect mask wearing in shops will be enforced in the same way it's enforced on public transport; ie not at all.

Libby likes this.

11. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

I was just about to get this but I sense there's a flaw in there somewhere...

please log in to view this image

JakartaToon and Archers Road like this.
  12. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

I think it’s easier to enforce in shops tbh. As they’ll just have people on the door.

13. Archers Road

Some shops will. But I think most have enough to worry about without having to police their customers.

I actually think the government’s first instincts - to ask the public to do the right thing, rather than coerce us with threats of fines - were right. But to get that message across clearly would have required the sort of leadership of which they clearly aren’t capable.

At the start of lockdown, the level of public compliance without the sort of draconian measures employed in France and Spain for example, was impressive. But the government quickly squandered it’s credibility with the public, and now here we are. Dithering, confused, completely without trust.

14. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

Masks should have been compulsory from the off. Only they had a huge shortfall in their PPE stockpile so sent Johnson and that supposed medic woman out to tell us they were literally of no real use, as they didn’t want Joe Public snapping up supplies that they needed for the NHS.

Now, they know fine well that the R rate is rising in many areas post lockdown and why, and they need to do something to try and stop a second wave. So they’ve extremely reluctantly imo gone for this measure. Only their previous lies on the subject makes the message mixed and the delay in implementing it makes it last week’s news by the time it actually comes in.

PR over sensible actual leadership from this Govt is a recurring theme with Johnson and his puppeteer.

15. CFC: Champs £launderx17

Yep, it is all about 'numbers theatre', crowd pleasing and PR

Everything is 'world class' 'world beating'.

Silence over antibody tests for all after hailing the Roche test is yet another example

16. Archers Road

Compulsory? No thanks. And no need. Ask people to do the right thing, explain why you want them to do it, and most people will comply.

Tell people what to do, and you will prompt the automatic “bollocks to that” response. Certainly in me. I don’t like being told what to do, certainly not by the government, and I don’t think I’m alone in that. Maybe it is a British thing, it’s probably the only area where I instinctively see eye to eye with Boris Johnson.

I notice about 30% of bus drivers, in London anyway, aren’t wearing masks themselves. And quite rightly, none of them are policing their passengers. Almost makes you feel proud of being British. (I’m wearing one now btw. On the bus).

17. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

Don’t wear a mask, don’t come in, simple really. Take your pick.

People getting arsey about being given instructions that are for their own and the communal good is just British ****ishness again.

Tiddler and JakartaToon like this.
  18. Archers Road

Issuing orders, backed by the threat of fines, having given zero thought as to how you plan to enforce those orders, is even more ****ish imo. And it leaves individual shopkeepers forced to play copper.

Transport workers have a Union to back them, thank god. So they’re not forced to do the government’s work for them. Shop workers and shop owners don’t tend to have the same protections.

Or do you think the police have either the resources or the inclination to enforce this week’s - sorry, next week’s - government whim? Good luck with that.

19. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

People should just maybe wear a piece of cloth across their grid when going shopping, and then there’s no drama necessary.

But they won’t, as they’ll claim it’s some form of oppressive Govt action or something, link it to the Jews and suggest Bill Gates is employing slaves underground to make them for a cup of rice per week.....or something.

Archers Road likes this.
  20. Archers Road

I find it very hard to breathe with a mask on. Thirty years of heavy smoking are the reason for that, certainly not gonna blame anyone but myself.

If I wanted to, I’m sure I could claim exemption. But like most people, I want to do what’s right, because it’s the right thing to do. Which was my original point btw.

Tobes likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.